BREAKING - CHANSIRI STATEMENT

The first step to redemption is to admit there is a problem, in our case the problem is Chansiri. This relegation needs to be a catalyst for change.

Actions speak louder than words, looking forward to some clarity about our plans in the coming weeks and evidence the club is properly promotion ready next season. 

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's irrelevant

People keep saying nobody would buy a football club yet  people are buying football clubs 

People are saying if our chairman goes nobody would come in - yet EVERY SINGLE TIME wihout fail in our history- someone has always come in (when our fans warned they wouldn't)

Someone might. But whether they are likely to be credible and able to take us forward I am not sure in this climate. Just keep ignoring what is happening down the m1 if it suits but it is clearly not irrelevant and a much better comparison than people buying a team that has just dropped out the football league 

I'm actually pretty relieved reading that statement, I wasn't expecting to hear from him. 

I thought he'd downed tools but it seems he's still prepared to support the club. 

Whether we want Chansiri to sell up or not in the short and possibly medium term we need him to do a good job as owner to stop us falling off a cliff. We need a fast plan to get a squad together next season. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I’ll give you a tip. 

Be an optimist rather than a pessimist. Both end up in the same place, but the optimist has a better journey. 

This is Sheffield Wednesday. Stuff like this happens. Take your medicine. We will be back. 

Actually the pessimist has a better journey because you’re prepared for the poo . Today wasn’t as painful as Palace because I fully expected it. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Christ - what the hell has happened to our fans

lol

Personally I cannot understand why some keep giving Chansiri a chance.  

He’s got a terrible track record, broken promises, telling fibs and there is nothing to suggest he’s learnt anything.  Yet some will give him chance after chance.  It’s akin to being in an abusive or toxic relationship.  Unbelievable.

I want our Wednesday back.  CHANSIRI OUT!

• Like 2

Just now, JOCOWl said:

You could ask for a bit more substance. We have a plan.... Go on then elaborate to fill us with confidence on this so called plan. Until we see that it's just wibble.... Again. 

That's what I wanted from a statement. It is certainly better than complete silence but he should have detailed what he takes responsibility for, own the fact that his financial mismanagement is the reason we are where we are.

As you say, he also needs to say what the plans are - he says plans for both scenarios have been prepared so tell us what they are now we know where we stand. How long will it take to address ticketing plans? 

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

This statement was probably wrote a few days or weeks ago, just in case.

Right now I am just looking to who we retain, who jumps ship who we'd have liked to have stopped, and who steps forward.

We need some leaders on the pitch next season.   Some will think promotion is a given.  It's not.   I think Chansiri needs to be his own man now, he's had long enough to learn.   Get rid of the advisors.  

I'm not angry, i'm not upset.   THAT is the issue.  I should be distraught just like every other relegation we've had whilst i've been supporting them.

If it were written days ago then we should all know what priority he gave us. Nowt

Why wouldn't he be doing his damdest to at least show he supported his players, you know, like paying 'em on time and in full

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

I'm actually pretty relieved reading that statement, I wasn't expecting to hear from him. 

I thought he'd downed tools but it seems he's still prepared to support the club. 

Whether we want Chansiri to sell up or not in the short and possibly medium term we need him to do a good job as owner to stop us falling off a cliff. We need a fast plan to get a squad together next season. 

Most sensible post I’ve seen all day 

2 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

😆 christ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Actually the pessimist has a better journey because you’re prepared for the poo . Today wasn’t as painful as Palace because I fully expected it. 

Completely agree. The pessimist (or in our terms realist) also has more of a pleasant surprise on the rare occasions things go well rather than expecting it.

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Exactly! The next 12 months are pivotal 

• Like 1

More testicles from him . We could all write that . 
Need someone to run the club that is here all the time. 
Will he give me some money back for my season ticket I rolled over . 
Let’s see if he has any money left to get us out of the mess he created 

While ever Chansiri has anything to do with the club we won't go anywhere. 

If he gets other advisors in, it won't work cos he listens then does it his way regardless. 

The only solution is for Chansiri to get out of the club completely. And take Paxo with him. 

Sell at any price if he has any feelings for the club at all. 

i do totally understand the people saying it's yet more smoke and mirrors, hot air hosepipe up the 'arris kinda thing.

I'm not clapping him, I'm bloody fuming. About all of it. We've been badly mismanaged top to bottom for 4+ years.

I *do* genuinely think his heart is in the right place, but I equally belive that's not enough to make it ok. I'm angrymad.

BUT, that said, I like a lot of what he's said in the statemement because it directly addresses some of the stuff he's only previously alluded to in the vaguest terms, or shoved under the rug completely. It says to me that he does have enough of a shred of humility to at least understand where the issues lie. I do think there is a SLIM chance he's learning on the job, and it will get better.

Moreover, I don't see where our next best option lies. That's the real crux of it for me. There are far, far worse owners out there - ours is naive as hell, and it's cost us badly, but he's not evil. Loads of them are total scum, wouldn't-wazz-on-them-on-fire sort of millionaires.

Obvioulsy the statement doesn't go nearly far enough, and yes of course it's full of platitudes, and likely not written by him directly but heavily 'massaged' by our increasingly brilliant PR squad. No statement from an owner in our situation ever will be good enough, Thai pride or English stubbornness, makes no odds. These lads don't get where they are by broadcasting their own frailties.

Nevetheless, it doesn't go out without his say-so, and it's pretty humble considering. He could've been far less emotive and still ticked the requisite boxes.

I, like many, think it's probably a load of smoke up the hole in an emergency. But IF it's genuine, I think there's reason to be optimistic about how we'll be set up in L1 compared to most of our rivals in that very small-time division. And that's not nothing.

In a very weird way, I am looking forward to the rebuild, and to next season, and the one after, etc etc. You couldn't write SWFC as a soap opera, and that's why I'll never look away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A load of wind and p.iss from a reckless incompetent fool that has been found out for the umpteenth time.

JUST F**K OFF BEFORE YOU DO ANY MORE DAMAGE YOU FLAKE.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Chansiri's used his immense business acumen to buy a new house in England

image.png.c0b18ad9dd587e189a1813166cb44263.png

• Like 1

His first foray into the transfer market should be one of the Brentford recruitment team,and make him head of recruitment here and give him all the support he needs.

Then wave bye bye to paxo and steve bruces  old mob.

That should be his first job when he gets out of bed tomorrow morning and the first steps to recovery.

• Like 3