BREAKING - CHANSIRI STATEMENT

4 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Darren Moore in his aftermatch interview stated there was no plan for league one football....................

Chansiri says " We have had plans for both scenarios and now our immediate future is clear, we can start to put those plans into place."

New statement, new bullpoo. 

This statement feels like it’s for his other business ventures - to tell them not to worry too, because he’s on top of everything. (Lol)

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Club1867 on sale tomorrow mate - fill ya boots

I said nothing about DC. I said being paid a few days late doesn’t give someone the right to balls there job up

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

*wakes up on payday*
*checks bank*
*no money gone in*

I HAVEN'T BEEN PAID

*wakes up the next day *
*checks bank*
*no money gone in*

I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN PAID

Also if you read the Athletic piece it’s clear that the delayed wages aren’t being communicated until payday and players start asking where their money is.

So it’s not just a few days/weeks late. It’s waking up every payday not having a clue whether you’re getting paid or not. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Was hoping for so much more about the changes needed like :-

Stepping back and putting in an experienced executive team.

Meaningfully engaging with fan representatives groups and supporter trust

Plans for actually getting fans back at sensible L1prices.

Submitting accounts to lift embargo in time for Summer transfer window,

Refunds still owed.

Thats just for starters. There is so much that needs to be done just to survive in L1 never mind bounce straight back.

Just words without substance it seems to me.

He’s unlikely to comment on any of that 5 hours after relegation. But can’t see him sorting any of it out either anyway. 

Problem is a lot of those things require money to sort out, money which he probably doesn’t have.

And not sure anyone will be getting refunded for this season.. just seen this on Twitter:

Guest whowantstoberich

*wakes up on payday*
*checks bank*
*no money gone in*

I HAVEN'T BEEN PAID

*wakes up the next day *
*checks bank*
*no money gone in*

I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN PAID

Bit daft checking your bank if you’ve been told it will be in next week ( a bit late)

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

Bit daft checking your bank if you’ve been told it will be in next week ( a bit late)

They weren’t getting told that, that’s the thing. 

*bangs head against wall*

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Guarantee you if Man City didn’t pay their players 5 months out of the season they wouldn’t have won the league.

It would have been anarchy. 

Yet our lot are supposed to ignore it all.

So they chucked 29pts away because they didn’t get paid on time ??   Not because there absolute dross ?

Fair one 

53 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As your owner and chairman, I take full responsibility for everything that happens at our club. I am the leader and in good times or bad, the responsibility for Sheffield Wednesday lies with me. I am sorry to you all that we have been relegated.

This was never what I anticipated when I came to Hillsborough in 2015, my vision was to take Wednesday into the Premier League. We came so close in 2016 and then again in 2017 and since then the times have not been so good at all.

In football, in sport, there are highs and there are lows and right now, this is the lowest I have felt and I know you will be feeling the same. There are no guarantees in football, we have tried our best but our best was not good enough. We must now face the reality of what lies ahead and for next season at least, that is League One.

We must pick ourselves up from the floor and move forward in a positive way. We have had plans for both scenarios and now our immediate future is clear, we can start to put those plans into place.

I can pledge that as chairman, I will give everything I can and offer as much support as possible to everyone as we try and achieve promotion at the first attempt. There are issues we must address in the short and long term and some things will not happen overnight.

Darren Moore will be the manager for sure and the moment I mention Darren’s name, I must wish him all the very best as he continues his recovery from illness. Health must come before anything else, as this past year has taught us more than ever.

I would like to say thank you to the coaching staff who stepped up in Darren’s absence and also to everyone who has worked so hard during what has become one of if not the most challenging season in the history of Sheffield Wednesday.

It has ended in the worst possible way but we have to look for the light at the end of the tunnel. We will rebuild on the pitch, and off it, the day when fans return cannot come soon enough. I say thank you to our fans, it has been soulless without having you following the team home and away and I know all clubs say the same but we have missed your support so much.

Like all of you, I hope that life can return to normal soon and in football, that will mean having our fans back into Hillsborough and following the team around the country in the numbers that you do.

You do not deserve this end to a season that in so many ways we will want to forget but in others we can look back on in time as a turning point for the revival of our club.

Christ  give him five minutes. 

Guest whowantstoberich

That is NOT what happened

They was paid late.

3 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Here's what REALLY happened mate..

The impact of late wages to players is still significant, however, as one former Wednesday player recalls: “I know people sit there and say these players are earning thousands of pounds every week, but everything’s relative.

They’ll have £1 million houses, because they can, and their mortgages will be high. So they still risk defaulting.

There were five or six of us who were paid on time. Anyone paid over a certain level didn’t get paid on time. That affected people. It really did.

“I was walking into the training ground complex, through the car park and one of the staff members turned around to me and asked if I’d checked my bank account that morning, ‘Have you been paid?’ I checked and I had, but loads hadn’t.

We were due to travel down to London for a game, so you had players that morning, a Friday, saying they weren’t going to travel until they were told what was going on with the money they were owed. It was a shambles.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, full fathom five said:

We should be, no more cloak and dagger bullsh!t if he wants the fans to get on board.

Tbh it's the perfect opportunity to turn to a community based approach. Back to basics.

Can't see it, we won't know about the plan, as it won't be communicated.

• Like 1