Rovrum

51 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thing is, if they go a goal down in any of these games, then they're done for. 

If it's down to the last game and we go a goal down then we will break all previous records of the last hundred years and score 2 goals. The last coming in the 97th minute. 

Westwood with a thundering header. 

Wouldn't you just luv it. Luv it. 

Rooney relegated under new ownership. 

Make my day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

Sadly this forum is frequented by a lot of moaning minnies. Until I started visiting Owsltalk, I never would have guessed that so many Wednesdayites were so full of negativity. Anybody that's been looking at the fixtures and the league table for a while now, would never have been so ready to throw the towel in.

Playing Derby last game is a huge help. We might be down by then, but Rotherham's form has been poor all season, so having games in hand doesn't mean you suddenly start playing like PSG or Real Madrid. If we go down, we go down, but it's the eagerness to spit the dummy out by so many that I find disappointing. It's a four team league now and we just have to finish above Wycombe, Rotherham and Derby, all poor sides. Derby are definitely favourites to stay up, but it's not over until it's over. WAWAW

Back in the good ol' days, I used to love Owlstalk for just having a right laugh at ourselves. Nowt taken seriously, it was all questioning Reda tying people to radiators and what not... Life was much more jolly when we had the expectation of us been crap season on season. At this point we'd have been starting threads on Jordan Rhodes' teacake choice rather than fretting over our demise

18 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

Sadly this forum is frequented by a lot of moaning minnies. Until I started visiting Owsltalk, I never would have guessed that so many Wednesdayites were so full of negativity. Anybody that's been looking at the fixtures and the league table for a while now, would never have been so ready to throw the towel in.

Playing Derby last game is a huge help. We might be down by then, but Rotherham's form has been poor all season, so having games in hand doesn't mean you suddenly start playing like PSG or Real Madrid. If we go down, we go down, but it's the eagerness to spit the dummy out by so many that I find disappointing. It's a four team league now and we just have to finish above Wycombe, Rotherham and Derby, all poor sides. Derby are definitely favourites to stay up, but it's not over until it's over. WAWAW

A mate of mine is a Derby fan and sent me a message after our win last night. I forwarded him the number for the Samaritans.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Wouldn't you just luv it. Luv it. 

Rooney relegated under new ownership. 

Make my day. 

It's not Rooney, it's Rodney, it's the copper-plate writing!

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Haha 2

Love the idea that a lot of us are confident that possibly our worst team ever (with due respect to the 02 and 70s rabble) can grab 7 points from 3 games. But 

Rotherham matching that from 5 in never going to happen!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Loppy said:

Love the idea that a lot of us are confident that possibly our worst team ever (with due respect to the 02 and 70s rabble) can grab 7 points from 3 games. But 

No one is confident.  Who is saying that  ?

I think Rotherham are down , nothing to do with what we do or dont.  Its whether we go into the final match of season within 3 points of Derby and give ourselves the chance. To do that we only need to make up 1 point on Derby in next 2 matches.  .....  Its something to cling to.  What are we supposed to do ?

31 minutes ago, Loppy said:

We have 4 points from our last 2 games, Rotherham are just off the back of 3 home defeats in 6 days and now have Barnsley and Brentford away

It’s an embarrassing season to go down because the Championship is the poorest it’s been in years. Some really really bad teams down there, including us. We ain’t staying up. How anybody still has trust/faith in this squad of players is beyond me!

I hope I’m wrong. I won’t be. We’re down.

• Like 2

It truly boggles my mind that, despite how truly truly awful we have been for vast swathes of this season, if we hadn't got the points deduction we currently wouldn't be in the relegation zone, and to be honest I would be quite confident we wouldn't drop.

The bottom of the division has been woeful this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

It truly boggles my mind that, despite how truly truly awful we have been for vast swathes of this season, if we hadn't got the points deduction we currently wouldn't be in the relegation zone, and to be honest I would be quite confident we wouldn't drop.

The bottom of the division has been woeful this year.

It usually is.

46 points is the average needed to stay up, and this season's not looking like veering too far from that.

As you say, we've been dreadful for much of the season and yet we'd be clear of the bottom three were it not for the points deduction.

If we'd signed a centre forward either in the summer or January, I reckon we'd have stayed up with games to spare.

On 20/04/2021 at 23:17, Dot said:

IF we are relegated, it wont be rotherham, who relegated us. It will be the cumulative points gained from results over a season against 23 other clubs that relegated us

maybe explain to him that's how leagues work...good luck with that

Sue Smith the other night said we'd dropped 27 points from winning positions this season.... Absolutely criminal at any level. We can't kill teams off and can't grind out results when we're in front it's entirely down to us .. 

3 hours ago, Onge said:

Shame about the 6 points we gave to them this season, eh...

Yep, especially as we had a man advantage and a corner in the final minute. Not Izzie's finest moment, but against Brizzle we showed it was no freak as we managed to concede against 10 men late on , yet again.

Seriously doubt we can get the three wins necessary TBH.