Rovrum

58 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Sue Smith the other night said we'd dropped 27 points from winning positions this season.... Absolutely criminal at any level. We can't kill teams off and can't grind out results when we're in front it's entirely down to us .. 

She might have added that last season we dropped 28 points from winning positions. So unprofessional, weak willed and lacking in steel, this lot. That they actually represent the Steel City is laughable.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It usually is.

46 points is the average needed to stay up, and this season's not looking like veering too far from that.

As you say, we've been dreadful for much of the season and yet we'd be clear of the bottom three were it not for the points deduction.

If we'd signed a centre forward either in the summer or January, I reckon we'd have stayed up with games to spare.

Obviously we can never prove this but I’m with you 100%. A centre forward would have made enough difference to see us nick the very small number of points it would actually have taken to keep us up. Crazy that we didn’t get someone in in January.
I still can’t get my head around how few points would have been enough. Just wins against Luton and Bristol would have us sat on 44points!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Obviously we can never prove this but I’m with you 100%. A centre forward would have made enough difference to see us nick the very small number of points it would actually have taken to keep us up. Crazy that we didn’t get someone in in January.
I still can’t get my head around how few points would have been enough. Just wins against Luton and Bristol would have us sat on 44points!

All the other clubs will have chucked away stupid points as well.

18 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

It's really frustrating, isn't it?

I made this thread at the start of the season:

At the time, I honestly thought we stood a decent chance of staying up, and thought I'd end up referring back to it as the season progressed in order to reassure others that we were actually on track, even if it didn't feel like it.

Unfortunately, it's become more a source of frustration that despite the relatively achievable target, we've been incapable of meeting the standards throughout the season!

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

Guest Andy W
On 20/04/2021 at 23:17, Dot said:

IF we are relegated, it wont be rotherham, who relegated us. It will be the cumulative points gained from results over a season against 23 other clubs that relegated us

maybe explain to him that's how leagues work...good luck with that

Spot on...you finish were you deserve to. Even our sh*tshower have had loads of opportunities and points thrown away so when we finish 2nd bottom its because we should

31 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Can't agree more, a I said above we've dropped 27 points from winning positions. We can't grind out wins, or kill teams off. 

A proper cheap centre forward that could hold the ball up may not have scored a massive ammount of goals, but would have at least taken the pressure off the defence and. Given us an out ball to build upon

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Can't agree more, a I said above we've dropped 27 points from winning positions. We can't grind out wins, or kill teams off. 

A proper cheap centre forward that could hold the ball up may not have scored a massive ammount of goals, but would have at least taken the pressure off the defence and. Given us an out ball to build upon

I can hardly bare to type it, but maybe we shouldn’t have let Nuhiu go....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1