We'll fight for every point

Guest Andy W

49 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Playing a new style in defence with a greenhorn in there is absolutely brainless management . 

We had to try something different though because we were dropping like a stone anyway and have been under three managers before Moore. It was always a long shot that it would work but I don’t blame him for trying something different. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In all honesty, I'm not too concerned about relegation.

As long as DM can bring in who he wants for next season.

We need a fresh start, and a fresh philosophy, and it's much easier to get that particular ball rolling in the Third.

Looking back over the extent of Channer's gambling project, and considering our performances, frankly (Mr Shankly) we've often been bob.

But it's one thing being bob with Lee, FF, Hoops, Fletch and, yes, Dave in the team, and being poo with what we now have.

Team's take liberties with us now, whereas they wouldn't have before.

We could play poo and still win games, whereas nowadays we can't.

We were a team dependent upon individual quality rather than team performances.

No matter how disappointed we are, I think most would concur that we are playing better now, albeit with inferior quality.

Agreed. I would rather end the season attacking teams and risk conceding opposed to play one up front and losing 1 0. 

• Like 1

We've just been outfought by a team who (we were assured by some) had nothing left to play for, and would have their flip flops on.

Yet they looked hungrier and quicker, and once they got their noses in front the 2nd time, we could barley lay a glove on them.

Excuse me, if I call bulls**t.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Andy W said:

Jamie Smith said the Owls will continue to fight for every point available this season after suffering a 4-1 defeat to QPR at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

You really could not make this sh!t up!!!@

He is telling the truth but he can’t physically win the points on the pitch, that’s down to the players. We all know how that will pan out. 

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

We had to try something different though because we were dropping like a stone anyway and have been under three managers before Moore. It was always a long shot that it would work but I don’t blame him for trying something different. 

What they needed was the best players selected,  with round pegs in round holes, totally professional management with motivational powers, compared to Neil T and Tony P both of whom threw away points, sensible substitutions and good game plans.

They did not need a new system imposed overnight and an order to play it out from the back when the team needed a lift not an unnecessary challenge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Nothing else he can say. I can’t fault the effort last few games - playing a new style at the last throes of the season and created a lot - bound to be vulnerable at the back 

Not necessarily . If new system preferred by the manager makes you more vulnerable, experienced manger would not adopt it. New systems are supposed to help the players and team , not make it more difficult.

He could have said a lot of things, such as; they were better than us today, mistakes were made that cost us, we showed promising signs in flashes but concentration was an issue, we tried to change the game but it didn't work and we lost momentum, we'll play a first half like that in future and go in 3-1 up.... but to infer that this team has fight in them, after what we've had to put up with this season, being rolled over by nearly every team in the bottom 6, no way. That is insulting and disingenuous, but what it also shows is a lack of intelligence, from someone who's game management was completely exposed today, as has been the case since Moore came in. 

Literally so many things he could have said, but he chose to tell fans, that with 6 games left and 7 points adrift, that this team has fight in them, despite what we've all seen this season. I am rapidly losing confidence in the ability of this coaching set up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t remember thinking we were bottom 6 at the back under Carlos.. we equalled the clubs clean sheet record twice. Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil isn’t a bottom 6 defence by some way

And yet Carlos dare not expose it.

Take the away leg at Huddersfield, for instance.

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

And they never were, the defenders I mean, in all honesty.

What did we used to say in the Carlos era?

"Top six up front, bottom six at the back".

That, and the lack of a midfield enforcer, is the main reason that Coco covered up and didn't play a more attacking style.

The quality which Chansiri lavished his money on up front is now gone, and the defence looks very exposed indeed.

Pretty sure under Carlos we had one of the better defences in the league but didn’t score as many as the top teams in the division.

4 hours ago, Andy W said:

Jamie Smith said the Owls will continue to fight for every point available this season after suffering a 4-1 defeat to QPR at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

You really could not make this sh!t up!!!@

Would you sooner he say we’re just gonna roll over and take it up the ass? .. ffs! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 83owl said:

Pretty sure under Carlos we had one of the better defences in the league but didn’t score as many as the top teams in the division.

True.

My point was that because of Carlos' concerns about our defence we covered up and played defensively as a team.

Had we been better in that department then we could have let the dog out and scored many more goals.

We never got the benefit from our potent forwards.

For me, one of the great what if's of that period is what would have happened had we managed to tempt Guedioura from Watford, and landed a CB.

Failing to sign the former Carlos dropped Hutch back into defence, then realized that he couldn't do without him in the middle.

8 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

We've just been outfought by a team who (we were assured by some) had nothing left to play for, and would have their flip flops on.

Yet they looked hungrier and quicker, and once they got their noses in front the 2nd time, we could barley lay a glove on them.

Excuse me, if I call bulls**t.

Think it's our lot that have been playing with flip flops on... But it only for about 30 games.... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What should he have said instead?

“I’m very sorry about the performance.  It was unacceptable and the players we have at the club, especially the ones who are out of contract at the end of the season are crap”.  

That would be a start for me.

• Like 1