We'll fight for every point

Guest Andy W

Guest Andy W
11 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

We've just been outfought by a team who (we were assured by some) had nothing left to play for, and would have their flip flops on.

Yet they looked hungrier and quicker, and once they got their noses in front the 2nd time, we could barley lay a glove on them.

Excuse me, if I call bulls**t.

Correct...how can a team who havent fought all season lose 4-1, and the management assure is they will fight for every point?

Best say nothing instead, saves embarrasing yourselves

I think we can read too much into what he said - Smith is not an experienced guy in interviews and pumps out a list of soundbites.

Even the “it’s not a must win” comment - I think he is just trying to say what he thinks is the right thing to say as a very inexperienced front man for the cameras 

• Like 2

I'm sure the management do have the fight, I'm not sure the players do. Only sporadically do we see any sense of urgency. 

It's still the same mess of squad, sure there is a lot of work going on to massage their fragile egos and biting of tongues to stop from saying what I suspect they would like, to nurse any sort of performance between now and the end of the season.

I find it staggering that our fans are demanding that our management and players stop having a positive attitude

Of all the things over the years, the criticism of performances, the talk of players betraying the club when they leave, the mocking of poor players, and the slating of players who wouldn't come to the club etc, demanding the management stop saying positive things is the downright most ridiculous, ludicrous, oversensitive, petty, nonsensical, cry baby, mockable things I've ever EVER read 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I find it staggering that our fans are demanding that our management and players stop having a positive attitude

Of all the things over the years, the criticism of performances, the talk of players betraying the club when they leave, the mocking of poor players, and the slating of players who wouldn't come to the club etc, demanding the management stop saying positive things is the downright most ridiculous, ludicrous, oversensitive, petty, nonsensical, cry baby, mockable things I've ever EVER read 

Toys are right out now.  Not messing about.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd rather the management team, just for once actually said it how it is. I'd have more respect for them if they came out yesterday and said the performance was shiete, the players were an embarrassment and a disgrace. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'd rather the management team, just for once actually said it how it is. I'd have more respect for them if they came out yesterday and said the performance was shiete, the players were an embarrassment and a disgrace. 

This 100%. It’s an insult to fans who watch the games, many of whom are quite knowledgeable, to keep coming out with the nonsense they do. Whatever happened to people having some pride in how they perform on the pitch? And whatever happened to honesty? 
I can’t imagine Revie or Clough finding the level of commitment at our club acceptable, yes I know they are considered dinosaurs, but at least they had the guts to tell it how it is. Players knew where they stood and knew they would be dropped for poor performances, poor attitudes etc. Many of our players are picked time and again after poor performances...time to put a few on the “available for transfer” list.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Positive and realistic...I’m waiting for the day we are relegated and someone (player or coach) says “we gave it our best shot.” I will poo my pants through laughing so much.🤪

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I still think we can stay up.

However, I am sick to death of all this social media bullshit of “the group” etc and a flurry of managers saying the same poo .

Shut up, do it, deliver or fuckrightoff!!

There were positives yesterday on the attacking side of things but once again a failure to deliver from key players in key moments.

The defence were an absolute joke and Lees in particular.

If I see a training video this week with him in it looking all moody and serious about his job with some “back to business” poo I will seriously smash my phone up.

I’ve had enough of this set oftwats ruining my weekends then seeing them all laughing and joking on a Monday.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What’s he supposed to do, come into a post match interview and not say anything? Is he supposed to bash the players? 

some of you ain’t got a clue 

I actually feel a bit sorry for the managers.

Not the carousel, pay off mob but the ones who actually giveafuck and don’t spout the samebollocks week in, week out.

If I was the boss I’d send the shittest player on the pitch out to do the press and explain themselves.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

That would be naive when there are still points to play for and we're not mathematically relegated yet. If he did that and we lost our next few games he'd be blamed for 'throwing them under the bus' 

He cant win whatever he says can he?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I still think we can stay up.

However, I am sick to death of all this social media bullshit of “the group” etc and a flurry of managers saying the same poo .

Shut up, do it, deliver or fuckrightoff!!

There were positives yesterday on the attacking side of things but once again a failure to deliver from key players in key moments.

The defence were an absolute joke and Lees in particular.

If I see a training video this week with him in it looking all moody and serious about his job with some “back to business” poo I will seriously smash my phone up.

I’ve had enough of this set oftwats ruining my weekends then seeing them all laughing and joking on a Monday.

The issue with Lees seems to stem from him not having a good positional understanding, I suspect when he played alongside Loovens he was talked through the game by the more experienced tactically savvy partner. He looks totally lost sometimes and doesn’t boss the defence enough. Couple this with Wildsmith who doesn’t appear very vocal and you have a recipe for calamity in the penalty area.

Lees is not best suited to a back three because he’s too far away from the other two, think his best days for Wednesday are over because of the set up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What’s he supposed to do, come into a post match interview and not say anything? Is he supposed to bash the players? 

some of you ain’t got a clue 

Why not? A few home truths is what they need. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sternlad said:

The issue with Lees seems to stem from him not having a good positional understanding, I suspect when he played alongside Loovens he was talked through the game by the more experienced tactically savvy partner. He looks totally lost sometimes and doesn’t boss the defence enough. Couple this with Wildsmith who doesn’t appear very vocal and you have a recipe for calamity in the penalty area.

Lees is not best suited to a back three because he’s too far away from the other two, think his best days for Wednesday are over because of the set up.

Although this thread isn’t about Lee’s as such you do raise a valid point about him appearing to need someone else along side him. For me personally, how long had he been here, playing  as a CB, how many games? 
Coupled with being club captain, if he hasn’t got it now then he’s never going to get it.