We'll fight for every point

Guest Andy W

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

If I was the boss I’d send the shittest player on the pitch out to do the press and explain themselves.

Would love to see this happen.

There would have been like 9 players yesterday in the after-game interview.

Wildsmith going "yeah tbh we was sh!t and half of us can't wait to leave"

• Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich
17 hours ago, Andy W said:

Nothing cos saying that sounds stupid and we know they have no fight

That would be an exciting interview saying nothing 

2 hours ago, sternlad said:

The issue with Lees seems to stem from him not having a good positional understanding, I suspect when he played alongside Loovens he was talked through the game by the more experienced tactically savvy partner. He looks totally lost sometimes and doesn’t boss the defence enough. Couple this with Wildsmith who doesn’t appear very vocal and you have a recipe for calamity in the penalty area.

Lees is not best suited to a back three because he’s too far away from the other two, think his best days for Wednesday are over because of the set up.

He was absolutelycrap yesterday.

Miles away from his man on loads of occasions.

I wanted to strangle him the big, uselesscunt and he’s done so well last few weeks.

Everybody constantly slags off the likes of Joey and Wildsmith but open your eyes ffs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What managers say in interviews doesn't have any impact whatsoever on results.

What managers say in the dressing room does.

I'm sure moore and the coaching team will analyse the game and go through areas to improve with the players including things like work ethic, focus etc.

It may be too late for us to stay up but if a manager came out and ripped into the performance and said "nah no chance we are staying up" then he would get a similar opposing thread on here (in fact didn't Pulis do something similar and get ripped to shreds?)

• Thanks 1

It still is possible for us to stay up and not as impossible as some are making out.

Before Saturday, we were 7 points from safety with 7 games left, we're still only 7 points from safety with 6 games left. One positive from yesterdays results is that most of the fixtures went our away, apart from the Birmingham win. We always knew we were going to have to win most of our remaining games, it now looks like that *1* game we could afford to not win has gone earlier than planned and the remaining 6 really are all now must wins. 

Ever since the Barnsley game we've put together a string of decent performances and started to play significantly better football. The positive signs are there, I just hope yesterdays result doesn't get the players too down as i've said in another thread we played fairly well and some individual errors/lack of quality cost us points...another day we could have walked away with a win. We look like a competitive team again whereas 4 months ago we would have lost that game and would have never looked like scoring once.

I won't fully abandon all hope until it's mathematically impossible to stay up but until then it really can all change in a week. DM back healthy on the touchline on Tuesday and 3 home games in a row, plenty of IFS but if we hit the form we need and get 3 wins it's all to play for. 

• Haha 3

Guest Andy W
7 hours ago, whowantstoberich said:

That would be an exciting interview saying nothing 

Dont do an fing interview then

Guest Therealrealist
8 hours ago, Bluewings said:

Wild Smith won’t be leavin for another 3 years sadly..I genuinely think he won,t get another contract at a football league club when he finally departs the swfc gravy train

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I find it staggering that our fans are demanding that our management and players stop having a positive attitude

Of all the things over the years, the criticism of performances, the talk of players betraying the club when they leave, the mocking of poor players, and the slating of players who wouldn't come to the club etc, demanding the management stop saying positive things is the downright most ridiculous, ludicrous, oversensitive, petty, nonsensical, cry baby, mockable things I've ever EVER read 

I think people have and enough of hearing this thoughtless drivel about 'fighting for every point' and 'we go again' rubbish. Its a little insulting when you look at our position.

• Like 2

Guest Andy W
14 hours ago, eightbelow said:

I think people have and enough of hearing this thoughtless drivel about 'fighting for every point' and 'we go again' rubbish. Its a little insulting when you look at our position.

Exactly..its insulting peoples intelligence. To suggest they will fight when quite clearly they don't have it in them is a little ridiculous

19 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

It still is possible for us to stay up and not as impossible as some are making out.

Before Saturday, we were 7 points from safety with 7 games left, we're still only 7 points from safety with 6 games left. One positive from yesterdays results is that most of the fixtures went our away, apart from the Birmingham win. We always knew we were going to have to win most of our remaining games, it now looks like that *1* game we could afford to not win has gone earlier than planned and the remaining 6 really are all now must wins. 

Ever since the Barnsley game we've put together a string of decent performances and started to play significantly better football. The positive signs are there, I just hope yesterdays result doesn't get the players too down as i've said in another thread we played fairly well and some individual errors/lack of quality cost us points...another day we could have walked away with a win. We look like a competitive team again whereas 4 months ago we would have lost that game and would have never looked like scoring once.

I won't fully abandon all hope until it's mathematically impossible to stay up but until then it really can all change in a week. DM back healthy on the touchline on Tuesday and 3 home games in a row, plenty of IFS but if we hit the form we need and get 3 wins it's all to play for. 

On 10/04/2021 at 19:19, Andy W said:

Jamie Smith said the Owls will continue to fight for every point available this season after suffering a 4-1 defeat to QPR at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.

You really could not make this sh!t up!!!@

Thought the same TBH cant see what these platitudes hope to achieve......all very well saying it,we want to SEE IT on the field.......

On 10/04/2021 at 19:20, @owlstalk said:

What should he have said instead?

Could have said this is not good enough,the fans deserve better,...cos ime guessing most will have thought that....5-0 win,to losing 4-1? and playing...well no need to elaborate there, some (supporters)even trotting out the 'at least we were trying to play football' drivel....same after the Watford game......

Sad,i just dont want to hear it,guess others are the same........players feelings? dancing around millionaires 'ego's? not the time for that why? Cos it hasnt worked has it? If this lot couldnt be motivated by a 5-0 demolition of Cardiff a few harsh words wont go amiss

• Like 1

Guest Andy W
41 minutes ago, parajack said:

Thought the same TBH cant see what these platitudes hope to achieve......all very well saying it,we want to SEE IT on the field.......

Thats just it isnt it..saying it is easy but we dont see it

When we are 4 points from safety with 1 game left I assume there will still be hope....

9 minutes ago, Andy W said:

Thats just it isnt it..saying it is easy but we dont see it

When we are 4 points from safety with 1 game left I assume there will still be hope....

To see some of these be re contracted would just be twisting the knife,been too much reward for failure at this Club already

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/04/2021 at 12:13, Bluewings said:

Based on his performances its a pity Wildsmith isnt amongst them in my view,pity i feel he has gone backwards