We'll fight for every point

Guest Andy W

Guest LondonOwl313
15 minutes ago, victorturner said:

The Moore regime has been flat as stale lemonade. Absolutely no impact. A draw against. Team missing Austin should have been held to a draw. Feeble midfield and inexperience in defence picked match after match.

First half was decent, defenders and Wildsmith should have done better with the first goal but we looked well in the game. At half time I was keeping my fingers crossed that we’d win.

Then Wildsmith went and gifted them the second goal and we were awful after that. Once we were in to the last 20 mins and the likes of Kachunga, Harris and Pelupessy were on the pitch I expected nothing less than to be outplayed and show zero quality going forward. 

It’s fine margins.. we got in front against Cardiff early and then added to it, puts a different complexion on it.

Westwood starts today and the outcome might have been different.. we certainly wouldn’t have been battered 4-1.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What should he have said instead?

From a personal point of view pal, I would rather he said nothing. My sense is that most fans feel let down by the players and saying they are going to fight for every point is a little disingenuous if you look at the season as a whole.

• Like 9

In all honesty, I'm not too concerned about relegation.

As long as DM can bring in who he wants for next season.

We need a fresh start, and a fresh philosophy, and it's much easier to get that particular ball rolling in the Third.

Looking back over the extent of Channer's gambling project, and considering our performances, frankly (Mr Shankly) we've often been bob.

But it's one thing being bob with Lee, FF, Hoops, Fletch and, yes, Dave in the team, and being poo with what we now have.

Team's take liberties with us now, whereas they wouldn't have before.

We could play poo and still win games, whereas nowadays we can't.

We were a team dependent upon individual quality rather than team performances.

No matter how disappointed we are, I think most would concur that we are playing better now, albeit with inferior quality.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, victorturner said:

The Moore regime has been flat as stale lemonade. Absolutely no impact. A draw against. Team missing Austin should have been held to a draw. Feeble midfield and inexperience in defence picked match after match.

‘I don’t believe it’

2 minutes ago, eightbelow said:

From a personal point of view pal, I would rather he said nothing. My sense is that most fans feel let down by the players and saying they are going to fight for every point is a little disingenuous if you look at the season as a whole.

I think clubs are contractual obliged for the manager to give a post match interview for the press.

The bloke has been given an impossible job as no matter he says it would ridiculed.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Playing a new style in defence with a greenhorn in there is absolutely brainless management . 

We've had several changes in defensive style throughout the season under Monk, Pulis, Thompson & Moore.  None have them have worked because the players are not good enough plain & simple, both in terms of ability & particularly application.

5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

First half was decent, defenders and Wildsmith should have done better with the first goal but we looked well in the game. At half time I was keeping my fingers crossed that we’d win.

Then Wildsmith went and gifted them the second goal and we were awful after that. Once we were in to the last 20 mins and the likes of Kachunga, Harris and Pelupessy were on the pitch I expected nothing less than to be outplayed and show zero quality going forward. 

It’s fine margins.. we got in front against Cardiff early and then added to it, puts a different complexion on it.

Westwood starts today and the outcome might have been different.. we certainly wouldn’t have been battered 4-1.

If the likes of Fletcher, Hooper, Lees, FF and Dave start the outcome might have been different.

Those players brought so much to our game which we now lack.

There's half an outfield team there.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

I don't know if the team is 'fighting ' or not.  I don't watch them, just go by the results. 

I do wonder how many on here actually watch the games? My guess is most just see the score and trott out the ' no guts, bunch of bottlers'  stuff.

Until we are mathematically down, no manager or player is going state what we've known in our hearts since Pulis arrived - we are going down because we are quite simply one of the worse 3 teams in the division.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

We've had several changes in defensive style throughout the season under Monk, Pulis, Thompson & Moore.  None have them have worked because the players are not good enough plain & simple, both in terms of ability & particularly application.

And they never were, the defenders I mean, in all honesty.

What did we used to say in the Carlos era?

"Top six up front, bottom six at the back".

That, and the lack of a midfield enforcer, is the main reason that Coco covered up and didn't play a more attacking style.

The quality which Chansiri lavished his money on up front is now gone, and the defence looks very exposed indeed.

Guest Andy W
13 minutes ago, eightbelow said:

Exactly what I meant

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

And they never were, the defenders I mean, in all honesty.

What did we used to say in the Carlos era?

"Top six up front, bottom six at the back".

That, and the lack of a midfield enforcer, is the main reason that Coco covered up and didn't play a more attacking style.

The quality which Chansiri lavished his money on up front is now gone, and the defence looks very exposed indeed.

I don’t remember thinking we were bottom 6 at the back under Carlos.. we equalled the clubs clean sheet record twice. Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil isn’t a bottom 6 defence by some way