"Wednesday fans will be disappointed with effort"

1 minute ago, folger said:

Sorry that's nonsense. We matched Watford. The ref gave them everything and their goal came from Lees panicking because of an OFFSIDE player. 

They thought Watford were well below their usual standards and got away with it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, modboy said:

They thought Watford were well below their usual standards and got away with it.

Watford were playing within themselves - didn’t do more than necessary to get the 3 points.

Merson said at one stage that, had we equalised, Watford would have upped their game and probably scored again pretty quickly

43 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I agree - there was plenty of effort - they covered a lot of ground, but we're just really blunt going forward. Despite all that possession we only created a handful of chances - Borner and Rhodes snatched at the best two, and a couple of times Windass' touch let him down. It's not a lack of effort, it's a lack of quality. The Watford goal was an injustice, but we had 80 minutes to sort it out. Good sides find a way.

People confuse a lack of conviction with lack of effort. These players must know that we are toothless upfront and that’s the management’s fault.

4 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

did we start to play out from back again as opposed to doing what we did v Barnsley where the forwards pushed the defenders so played further up pitch?  i wouldn't be shocked if did.

Two completely different games. Barnsley, a team that give the ball away very cheaply, on a windy, cabbage patch of a pitch. Watford, one of the best teams for keeping the ball on a pristine Premier League standard smooth pitch in the sunshine. Tactics were right, its just the players aren't good enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Absolutely this.

I've seen plenty of dross at Hillsborough over the last 60 years but in terms of showing bravery, urgency, pride & responsibility this shower of wasters are without doubt the worst I've seen.

Bang on pal.

Without a doubt this is the most gutless and pathetic relegation I’ve seen from a Wednesday side.

Talk about going down with a whimper.

56 minutes ago, modboy said:

Fwiw I thought we were better than most games this season.

Rhodes should have scored and a draw would have been a good result.

Still carrying too many players who don't influence a game though.

Agreed 

Rhodes tho 😩

12 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Personally I think Moore will be a good manager,  maybe for someone else. But what I don’t understand is why we didn’t bring on Green or Harris a bit earlier than we did.  

because harris is garbage 

Sadly showed Moore is neive, trying to play the football I want us to play right now! We are in the relegation zone! You can't start playing it out from the back and playing a passing game with players struggling with confidence. You do that in preseason. Should have spent the two weeks working on the style we played a Barnsley. No messing at the back and try to get the ball in the box. It wasn't like Pulis ultra negative crap. Instead we looked like a mid table team swing out the season. The lack of urgency and attack was pathetic... we are supposed to be in a relegation FIGHT!!!!!!!!!! hope Moore is okay and recovers quick but so far I've seen some really good things from him but some utterly nieve crazy mistakes. I'm desperate for us to play beautiful flowing attacking passing stylish football... But we need to be at WAR now since Christmas we needed to battle bite and scratch for anything we can get to try stay up. Then we can sort out the style . The ultra negative crap didn't work and we can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.... But we need to give EVERYTHING!!!!!!! ITS WIN EVERY CUP FINAL NOW. The old ceashay Once again playing a side with players too good for championship. That financial fair play showing its killing football again! Even so the lack of fight and urgency if gutting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kew Owl said:

Watford were playing within themselves - didn’t do more than necessary to get the 3 points.

Merson said at one stage that, had we equalised, Watford would have upped their game and probably scored again pretty quickly

If you watched the game, how come you are such an expert on what Merson said>

I couldnt give a throw-in what he said- I used my eyes.

37 minutes ago, morganowl said:

because harris is garbage 

Maybe so but he has pace,  I was always taught to bring on fresh players after 70 minutes to play against a tiring defence, particularly if one had a yellow card and tell him to run at them with the ball.  But I guess I am old school and settling for a 1-0 defeat is the new normal 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

The effort was fine

We’re just unbelievably powderpuff upfront and have a comical keeper situation.

I agree completely,

We've played nearly all season with only one proper keeper and one proper striker- and they've only just started to get picked.

The squad had relegation written over it from the first game.

Hasn't been the effort from some of them for ages.

I don't even think they like each other, you only have to see when one player is on the end of a nasty challenge none of them are up in arms or seeing how the player is.

There's a complete lack of helping each other out and helping out a player surrounded by opposition players, no movement off the ball to take defenders awary.

Poor players with no effort, relegation is nailed on!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

The effort was fine

We’re just unbelievably powderpuff upfront and have a comical keeper situation.

It's far from fine, look at how much more running off the ball Watford did today compared to us.

• Like 2
  • Love 1