"Wednesday fans will be disappointed with effort"

6 minutes ago, modboy said:

... or something to that effect re performance of our players according to Watford commentators

And wildsmith was their man of the match.

Ouch. 

Man of the match? He made 2 saves (one a free kick passed straight at him) and kicked the ball out of play 5 times.

• Haha 2

I bet Watford couldn't believe their luck today.

They'll have been warned that we'd be fighting for our lives, kicking and scrapping for every ball...and on a day where they looked distinctly below-par, we let them get away with it and barely put up a fight as they strolled to three points.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I bet Watford couldn't believe their luck today.

They'll have been warned that we'd be fighting for our lives, kicking and scrapping for every ball...and on a day where they looked distinctly below-par, we let them get away with it and barely put up a fight as they strolled to three points.

Man of the match for WATFORD

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, flo said:

im pleased with the effort you could tell they were trying. 

I agree - there was plenty of effort - they covered a lot of ground, but we're just really blunt going forward. Despite all that possession we only created a handful of chances - Borner and Rhodes snatched at the best two, and a couple of times Windass' touch let him down. It's not a lack of effort, it's a lack of quality. The Watford goal was an injustice, but we had 80 minutes to sort it out. Good sides find a way.

• Like 7

There are a lot of issues with this current squad and they’ve been done to death on here.

I think the big stat of not coming back from being behind in a game won’t change with this squad of players. They are far too gone mentally to deal with it.

The only way we’ll move forward is with a fresh squad. One or two may emerge from the wreckage but the ones who may will probably have better offers, Urgohide is probably one of those?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I agree - there was plenty of effort - they covered a lot of ground, but we're just really blunt going forward. Despite all that possession we only created a handful of chances - Borner and Rhodes snatched at the best two, and a couple of times Windass' touch let him down. It's not a lack of effort, it's a lack of quality. The Watford goal was an injustice, but we had 80 minutes to sort it out. Good sides find a way.

3 own goals in 4 games!.

Is that some sort of record?.

30 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Man of the match? He made 2 saves (one a free kick passed straight at him) and kicked the ball out of play 5 times.

24 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Man of the match for WATFORD

Yes for THEM.

They were laughing at how poor he was

Guest samowl
30 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Our race is run. Everyone knows it, including the players.

Correct. And most playing today know they're not at Hillsborough next season.