"Wednesday fans will be disappointed with effort"

7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Maybe so but he has pace,  I was always taught to bring on fresh players after 70 minutes to play against a tiring defence, particularly if one had a yellow card and tell him to run at them with the ball.  But I guess I am old school and settling for a 1-0 defeat is the new normal 

its alright having pace ,but if your an attacking player and aint scored in 50 games and most of your crosses end up miles off target it defeats the object. 

7 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Just imagine if we'd saved the money on Windass, Kachunga and Brown..... and put it towards keeping Fletcher- or even Nuhiu.

nuhiu aint scored all season , and fletcher has missed a fair few games and plays in a better team so that wouldn`t have saved us. buying garbage has been happening for 5 and a half years thats the big problem and its made it harder and harder for each new manager.

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Just imagine if we'd saved the money on Windass, Kachunga and Brown..... and put it towards keeping Fletcher- or even Nuhiu.

Seem to remember Marriott being on 25k a week, which we cover in full. Shocked relegation rivals Derby didn’t want him back in January.

A team playing without conviction, other than going through the motions and getting us relegated, and while the points deduction got slashed, we've had our season ruined by being docked 12pts from the start, and later 6...

Chansiri has made a lot if mistakes, and many more recently, but none as costly as that stadium sale to avoid FFP...

• Like 1

As I see it we are down so let's play how Moore wants us to play from now on! Ok we won't have the same players for next season but atleast we'll have an identity! We've had no identity since the first season under Carlos!  

Today's performance was decent, we had more of the ball than a team returning to the prem with some really talented players! 

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

As I see it we are down so let's play how Moore wants us to play from now on! Ok we won't have the same players for next season but atleast we'll have an identity! We've had no identity since the first season under Carlos!  

Today's performance was decent, we had more of the ball than a team returning to the prem with some really talented players! 

Give over..Watfords Kitman can have a day off...kit won’t need washing cus not one of em had to sweat...they let us have the ball knowin full well we can’t do any5hing with it

5 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I agree - there was plenty of effort - they covered a lot of ground, but we're just really blunt going forward. Despite all that possession we only created a handful of chances - Borner and Rhodes snatched at the best two, and a couple of times Windass' touch let him down. It's not a lack of effort, it's a lack of quality. The Watford goal was an injustice, but we had 80 minutes to sort it out. Good sides find a way.

Spot on.

The perceived lack of effort comes hand in hand with a lack of quality. We simply do not have that many players in the squad who are up to Championship standard.

Add that to players who will think that they are putting in a shift (but in reality aren't), and it's a perfect storm.

I would doubt that the current squad would last more than a season in League One either.

I'm worried about the general direction of travel here.

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

A team playing without conviction, other than going through the motions and getting us relegated, and while the points deduction got slashed, we've had our season ruined by being docked 12pts from the start, and later 6...

Chansiri has made a lot if mistakes, and many more recently, but none as costly as that stadium sale to avoid FFP...

Had he not gone on a wild spending spree in 2016,and let players leave when acceptable bids came in,put in place a sustainable wage structure, he wouldnt need to sell the ground in the first place!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Well that’s because we had more of the ball than them

I'm talking about when in possession of the ball, Watford players making runs to give the player on the ball options, making runs to move players out position even though they probably won't receive the ball, our players simply don't do this.

• Like 1

Thing is. We can understand why the players are pi55ed off......  we agree with them on that one.

The one thing that is an utter disgrace is their utter contempt for the fans by not even trying.
What we have witnessed these past few weeks has been a disgrace and they are all a bunch of cowards, sad phooking cowards.
Not an ounce of bottle amongst em. 

meanwhile teams of cleaners work their fingers to the bone to keep the hospitals and care homes clean, day in, day out, for a pittance.

What do these lot do ?   Cry like spolit phooking kids and give up.
Pampered all their lives

Sad, pathetic... Cowards.

All tattoos and no bottle.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Spot on.

The perceived lack of effort comes hand in hand with a lack of quality. We simply do not have that many players in the squad who are up to Championship standard.

Add that to players who will think that they are putting in a shift (but in reality aren't), and it's a perfect storm.

I would doubt that the current squad would last more than a season in League One either.

I'm worried about the general direction of travel here.

Looking at our current squad we have Westwood, Palmer, Lees, Hutchinson, Bannan, Reach, Rhodes, Kachunga who off the top of my head have all either played large parts in squads who have get to the playoffs or got promoted from this division in the last 4 seasons.

There is enough at this club ability wise to make sure we don’t end up in the bottom 3.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Give over..Watfords Kitman can have a day off...kit won’t need washing cus not one of em had to sweat...they let us have the ball knowin full well we can’t do any5hing with it

Amazes me how people are thinking it was a good performance because we only lost by 1 and had some possession.

We did absolutely nothing with the ball. Our possession consisted of Lees and Hutchinson aimlessly passing it around the edge of our area. Watford won the game in the 7th minute and weren’t put under any pressure at all. It was like watching a cat play with a mouse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Amazes me how people are thinking it was a good performance because we only lost by 1 and had some possession.

We did absolutely nothing with the ball. Our possession consisted of Lees and Hutchinson aimlessly passing it around the edge of our area. Watford won the game in the 7th minute and weren’t put under any pressure at all. It was like watching a cat play with a mouse.

We created 3 guilt edged chances and didn’t test the keeper once

Borner, Windass and especially Rhodes all have to do better 

There have been some dire uninspiring performances this season, where we have created absolutely nothing (Coventry away springs to mind) but yesterday wasn’t one of those days

The seeds for this season were sown in the summer by DC’s financial mismanagement and the awful recruitment drive

After two decades plus of almost non-stop disappointment, I'm so numb to the feeling it barely registers any more.

Can't say I'm confident next season will be any better. We'll soon be getting nostalgic about the Jos years...

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Looking at our current squad we have Westwood, Palmer, Lees, Hutchinson, Bannan, Reach, Rhodes, Kachunga who off the top of my head have all either played large parts in squads who have get to the playoffs or got promoted from this division in the last 4 seasons.

There is enough at this club ability wise to make sure we don’t end up in the bottom 3.

This...

This squad is at least better than 3 others

It's to use the old Wednesday term "the will to win" which is unforgivably missing

• Like 3

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Thing is. We can understand why the players are pi55ed off......  we agree with them on that one.

The one thing that is an utter disgrace is their utter contempt for the fans by not even trying.
What we have witnessed these past few weeks has been a disgrace and they are all a bunch of cowards, sad phooking cowards.
Not an ounce of bottle amongst em. 

meanwhile teams of cleaners work their fingers to the bone to keep the hospitals and care homes clean, day in, day out, for a pittance.

What do these lot do ?   Cry like spolit phooking kids and give up.
Pampered all their lives

Sad, pathetic... Cowards.

All tattoos and no bottle.

In a f***in nutshell !!!

16 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Man of the match? He made 2 saves (one a free kick passed straight at him) and kicked the ball out of play 5 times.

They did make him man of the match for passing them possession every time touched it.

• Thanks 1