• Harris
    • Bannan
    • Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Paterson
    • Marriott

Scores on the doors

Westwood 7. We look better at the back with him in nets. Two goals unstoppable.

Palmer 5. OK, dived in for their second.

Lees 6. solid

Hutchinson 6. Solid 

Osaze 6. Quiet but did ok 

JP. 7 MOM. Got stuck in, got forward, ran all day.

Bannan 6. Average on the ball , but worked hard

Reach. 5 . Another poor game 

Harris 6.  Ran, got up and down without looking like changing the game 

Windass. 5. Ran around a lot but some poor decisions.

Rhodes. 7. Good goal and did ok 

subs 

marriot 4. Looks really short of what is needed. 
Paterson. Not on for long enough 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Pelupessy hands down.  He was excellent for us.  I think he seems to be returning to that form when he first joined.  

He did well today. Definitely deserved his starting place. I voted Rhodes because I thought he did well and who doesn’t love a goal, but Pelupessy was decent. 

Much preferred that first half 343 to the moore 4231 or the monk 352. We still look horribly short of a left footed defender though. We badly needed pace off the bench today just to chase a ball over the top and get us out. We won't always play against 2 25odd million pound players who only really turn up to stick 2 in the postage stamp. 

Considering our opposition we did well today.

Desperate for points yeahhhh but losing when we turn up is better then a performance like against Rotherham or the rest of the season.

Playing like we did in stints v top of the league Norwich is showing us we can make steady progress under Moore.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Proud of the whole team today they all worked their socks off, but one player stood out for me and I was pleased for him.

Blinking tablet powered down.

I was pleased that so many other fans recognised the huge amount of effort and positivity that Pelupessy showed today and with an easy lay off from his team mate, instead of an incredibly difficult attempt at goal, Pessy could have had a much easier chance on goal too.

I cannot believe he did not get booked today. Well done Joey, you were a credit to the team again today, when we were undone by just two incredibly brilliant pieces of play from Norwich showing the kind of finishing you get from top quality players that score so many goals. 

Talking of which, it was brilliant to see Rhodes playing so well again first half, his runs, his defending, his link up play, his winning of free kicks, headers and his lovely timing for the poachers goal, showed what we can do with a proper striker.

Great team shape and well executed for 89 of the 90 minutes with just a few lapses here and there under incredible pressure from a team brimming with talent and the cool confidence that comes with it. Unlucky Wednesday, we need that kind of performance in every game now and we might come close.  

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, NobbyStyle said:

Better performance but yet again a game of 2 halves.

Norwich stepped it up 2nd half but our fitness & concentration seems to have done for us again.

MoM. Not sure, too many mistakes all round. Is that fitness & concentration?

Defence includes Uroghide..promising but very raw..Palmer needs to be the weak link not one of two

1 minute ago, Mrmason69 said:

You'd think after picking the team for 4 years that Chansiri would have learnt how to use the substitutes properly by now. 

Always find it strange though that Chansiri seemingly adopts the tactics and formation of whichever manager is currently in the hotseat...

18 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Blinking tablet powered down.

I was pleased that so many other fans recognised the huge amount of effort and positivity that Pelupessy showed today and with an easy lay off from his team mate, instead of an incredibly difficult attempt at goal, Pessy could have had a much easier chance on goal too.

I cannot believe he did not get booked today. Well done Joey, you were a credit to the team again today, when we were undone by just two incredibly brilliant pieces of play from Norwich showing the kind of finishing you get from top quality players that score so many goals. 

Talking of which, it was brilliant to see Rhodes playing so well again first half, his runs, his defending, his link up play, his winning of free kicks, headers and his lovely timing for the poachers goal, showed what we can do with a proper striker.

Great team shape and well executed for 89 of the 90 minutes with just a few lapses here and there under incredible pressure from a team brimming with talent and the cool confidence that comes with it. Unlucky Wednesday, we need that kind of performance in every game now and we might come close.  

Joey made several good contributions but we do not always notice the periods when the game by passes him. I assume Shaw was unfit as he is the best player available for the team ..as Celtic would tell us. 

Well done to Moore, clearly made a difference on the coaching pitch.

Hutch is much better at centre half and if picked in that position, could do a job for us next season.

Bannan played well, but he is also responsible for our fear factor and second half retreats. I challenge you to watch the game back and see the contrast in contributions in each half. It is clearly a confidence thing, but he is the beating heart of the team - either a lion or a lamb. Watch our midfield in the second half and how little they show for the ball when in possession. A few Harris Windass give and goes got us up the pitch occasionally. Reach lost it everytime. But other than that, we just turn over possession so easily, because no one wants the ball in space. We did in the first half, we didn’t in the second - right from the off. Fitness? Confidence? Both?

Windass had a good game, but probably cost us the result. A really simple ball to Joey results in a goal for me....Harris also played pretty well, altho not able to make a vital contribution.

Reach should not play again. He costs us so many times. He moments of brilliance pale into significance. Please let him go. 

We need much more quality and running in midfield. The long haired ******** showed what we need. Always available, always recycling the ball, never losing it and a moment of quality which changed the game...

• Like 1