• Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Paterson
    • Marriott

Guest gizowl
17 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

If Norwich had a play off with the blunts for a place in the Premier at the end of this season the blunts would piiissss it. 

5 minutes ago, gizowl said:

If Norwich had a play off with the blunts for a place in the Premier at the end of this season the blunts would piiissss it. 

Not true though.

Cantwel and Pukki scored 17 between them in the Prem last season

United as a whole have only scored 16 goals. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shadowl said:

We lost any threat going forward once Rhodes went off, he seemed to work as hard as Fletcher in that lonely role we are working with under Moore (not a criticism just a squad he's not assembled). 

Honourable mention for Urhoghide again. Needs more time but is improving game by game. 

Shame we're giving him away at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Not true though.

Cantwel and Pukki scored 17 between them in the Prem last season

United as a whole have only scored 16 goals. 

Well that's it then Champions elect. But how many did they concede?. 

Guest gizowl
4 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Bit like the captain of the Titanic.WTF:

Correct, like the captain said when he was told we're about to hit a iceberg. "full Steam ahead" 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Well that's it then Champions elect. But how many did they concede?. 

My point was to say the blades would beat Norwich is a bold statement.

momentum is a big factor. Blades going one way, Norwich the other. 

Turning point in the game ...

Ball went out for a Wednesday throw adjacent to Norwich 18 yard box on the south ...

Palmer took it Reach and Bannan faffed then 8 passes later unchallenged  it's back at Westwood ......post clearance Norwich go and equalise ....

We were on the edge of their box FFS ......

Teams must love playing against these tactics ......

• Like 4

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Come back to me next season if Norwich stop up. And yes they beat us today but we're a team as it stands now won't be in the top six of league one next season. 

1 minute ago, Shadowl said:

Not when you consider the wage bill

Really, let's get him off the wage bill and keep some of the journeymen wasters we currently have, most of which will be on more salary than Urhoghide.

We should be fighting to keep the likes of him and build a team with like minded youngsters.

Clear out needed.

But hey only my opinion.

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Come back to me next season if Norwich stop up. And yes they beat us today but we're a team as it stands now won't be in the top six of league one next season. 

Why would I do that? I never said I thought they’d stay up next season?

I just said I don’t think the blades would beat them?

Guest gizowl
4 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

In a winner takes all I'd back the blunts and until they sacked Wilder yesterday it was easy money to back them for a swift return to the Premier. 

Guest gizowl
Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Why would I do that? I never said I thought they’d stay up next season?

I just said I don’t think the blades would beat them?

But you said they're a better side than when Brighton went up an Brighton are still there. 

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Turning point in the game ...

Ball went out for a Wednesday throw adjacent to Norwich 18 yard box on the south ...

Palmer took it Reach and Bannan faffed then 8 passes later unchallenged  it's back at Westwood ......post clearance Norwich go and equalise ....

We were on the edge of their box FFS ......

Teams must love playing against these tactics ......

Turning point was when we came out 2nd half , same at Luton , capitulate under any sustained pressure , mentally weak players and most not good enough for this league

Our first half performance was really impressive: Rhodes and Windass were great at closing down Norwich and putting them under pressure, and I thought our goal epitomised a lot of what was good about them as a pairing: Windass' energy and pace getting in behind led to the free-kick and Rhodes' poacher's instinct saw us take the lead.

Pelupessy was really good today, too - he covered a lot of ground, cut off passing channels, and put in a few strong tackles. His passing was impressive, too - nothing fancy, but he helped us retain possession and build attacks effectively.

In the second half, we predictably came under the cosh, but it's so frustrating that two of our better players on the day were culpable in the final reckoning.

Firstly, Windass failed to pick out a simple pass to Pelupessy after good work to carve out the opening in the first place, and then got robbed in midfield when trying to break away, which eventually led to their second goal.

Secondly, Pelupessy dived in and compounded the danger caused by Windass' error, leaving Cantwell with acres of space from which to pick his spot. 

I thought Norwich targeted Urhoghide to good effect in the second half, and for each goal he was caught out of position as they took advatnage to score from his side of the penalty box.

Overall, it was a decent display with lots of positives, but once again we've come up short where it matters and we look more and more like relegation certainties with each passing week.

• Like 1