• Lees
    • Harris
    • Bannan
    • Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Paterson
    • Marriott

Easily Pessy for me. Despite the histrionics I've seen about the result, I sort of think if we were in some mid table safety place no one would really be wetting the bed about that result or performance. Sadly we aren't though, we are going down already, so whatever meat is left on the bones is bound to be torn off.

If we had played like we we did today more often I might have thought we were fighting for survival, but we haven't been sadly. Roll on next season. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately with the players we have got that was a good performance against the best footballing side in the league...if we could repeat that in all the remining games we might have a slim chance of staying up. In reality we'll more likely find more ways to lose

• Like 1

Pelupessy my mom. 

Deservedly went in at half time in front but the usual case of not doing enough second half, though tbf it was against best side in this league. 

If we can perform in remaining games like we did yesterday we might have a sniff of staying up, unfortunately we all know players aren't capable and will most likely throw in a few poor performances before end of season. 

Edited by bradowl

1 hour ago, Mollymae's Dad said:

I think there's an improvement under DM

we're absolutely shocking though

The road is long

With many a winding turn

Very little improvement and certainly no bounce. He should have reinforced midfield after an hour. We got penned back for 30 minutes. He thought about it...but did not do it. 

22 hours ago, Pieman said:

Well done to Moore, clearly made a difference on the coaching pitch.

Hutch is much better at centre half and if picked in that position, could do a job for us next season.

Bannan played well, but he is also responsible for our fear factor and second half retreats. I challenge you to watch the game back and see the contrast in contributions in each half. It is clearly a confidence thing, but he is the beating heart of the team - either a lion or a lamb. Watch our midfield in the second half and how little they show for the ball when in possession. A few Harris Windass give and goes got us up the pitch occasionally. Reach lost it everytime. But other than that, we just turn over possession so easily, because no one wants the ball in space. We did in the first half, we didn’t in the second - right from the off. Fitness? Confidence? Both?

Windass had a good game, but probably cost us the result. A really simple ball to Joey results in a goal for me....Harris also played pretty well, altho not able to make a vital contribution.

Reach should not play again. He costs us so many times. He moments of brilliance pale into significance. Please let him go. 

We need much more quality and running in midfield. The long haired ******** showed what we need. Always available, always recycling the ball, never losing it and a moment of quality which changed the game...

Moore failed to reinforce midfield after an hour..another bad error

23 hours ago, Bluewings said:

Considering our opposition we did well today.

Desperate for points yeahhhh but losing when we turn up is better then a performance like against Rotherham or the rest of the season.

Playing like we did in stints v top of the league Norwich is showing us we can make steady progress under Moore.

Plenty of gamesmanship from Norwich.."ooh I'm hurt , ref" and as for Hanley's elbow on Lees....

21 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I always find it quite interesting to compare how a purely statistical analysis of our players' performances compares with how we feel as fans at the end of a game.

You can see how whoscored.com calculate their ratings here, if you're interested: https://www.whoscored.com/Explanations

I usually find that I'm overly positive when we've won and overly critical when we've lost, whereas the ratings generated by their statistical analysis usually lie somewhere in the middle.

Their algorithm generates the following ratings from today's game:

1199981658_Screenshot2021-03-14at17_01_04.thumb.png.8274465549e84bb92f1651487c60c61c.png

I have said the same after games on many occasions especially when a couple of players get picked out by the people that already seem to have it in for those players, while constantly praising players that have not done so well. I find it interesting that on the few occasions that we fell down, overcommitted, or left players unmarked for the goals and a couple of other chances, some of the players that made those mistakes have been marked quite highly despite having bad games on the eye and bad games according to the stats. Ah well that is that is footy and footy fans for you!

I am a big fan of statistics, but in much the same way as many companies use modelling to help them predict and design, the modelling or the stats should never be used in isolation, even when you are only judging one aspect of performance, or one part of design. However good the model is or the stats are, there are also lots of other events, sequences and observations that should be taken into account to. A greedy goalscorer that never passes, but eventually scores, despite two or three certain goals being available to teammates, does not get the points for those possible goals deducted for instance, but still gets the slightly over generous points for eventually putting the ball over the line.

The only thing I have against Who scored.com is the actual points per play that they award which I think is too biased towards the person that ultimately scores the goal and against the person that ultimately concedes the goal. You also see that one attacking midfield player, or winger, has been rewarded overly high just for beating a player, when also losing the ball when not beating players when making a run, some of which can lead to goals against, as we saw yesterday, while another attacking midfielder might make several key passes which lead to good clear attempts on goal which are then missed, which should not penalise the player making the key pass. The move itself may have come about from a brilliant goalkeeping clearance, or a defender making a superb long ball down the pitch, but these game changing incidents get far less credit points wise than the ball hitting somebody and going over the line, or a player getting a tap in. For me making a key pass and an assist are often the same thing and only change when the person shooting either misses, or scores. Same at the other end. Very often a goalkeeper is penalised points wise by letting a goal in that he had absolutely no chance of keeping out, due to an individual error or a series of errors made by attackers losing the ball, midfielders not getting tackles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

Plenty of gamesmanship. Pretending to be hurt and was Hanley's elbow hitting Lees accidentally, flooring him for five minutes? Commentators flunked it. Shaw would have been sent off for it.

Idk why you've quoted me?!

I was replying to a post about a comment on Norwich being 'Mediocre" which I think they are far from.

My opinion on Hanleys foul. Yep it was nasty on Lees head true story, but it wasn't intentional had his eye on the ball all the time.

Watch the replay he's looking at the ball and uses his arm for momentum only.

Shaws sending off in both games was basically 'cos he was an idiot.

11 minutes ago, OWLISH said:

Best performance in ages, lot of heart and desire. Just frustrating to allow cantwell a shot with his left. Show him down the line ffs

UTO

School boy defending from Palmer diving in when he should have just stayed on his feet, basic stuff!