Josh Windass

4 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Sums us up as a team and why we’ve got no chance of staying up. Makes you wonder if any of our players actually like each other. 

I think we’ve started to realise why Wigan got rid...

Too selfish on the ball and decision making at times is dreadful. Doesn’t play Pelupessy in for a 1on1 then looses the ball 5 minutes later trying to take somebody on the edge of our box and they score....

Not to single him out because he has had some decent performances this season but like the rest of our squad just not good enough.

• Like 1

I thought Windass was central to a lot of our good closing down in the first half today, and it's quite telling that only Pelupessy made more tackles than him.

He also had the best passing accuracy of any of our players, and retained the ball well overall.

It's those key moments where his decision-making has cost him today, though.

He did so well to carve out the opening, but then opted to shoot rather than playing Pelupessy in for an easier chance. And again, although Pelupessy and Urhoghide should have done better to hold up Cantwell, it was Windass' poor decision-making which conceded possession in the first place, which you simply can't afford to do when playing the best team in the division.

• Like 4

He’s been a rubbish signing.

I still think he’ll be decent in the third division next season but he hasn’t pulled up any trees this season.

Reminds me a little bit of a poor version of Chris Magiure. Greedy f**ker with an attitude problem.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

He is missing a football brain - such bad decision making at key moments - that cost us a simple tap in for pessy and the Norwich winning goa 

Said this all season. Careless with possession, awful passer,terrible decision-maker.

Twice as greedy as Forestieri with a tenth of his ability.

I hope he leaves. He’ll be even greedier in L1.

• Like 2

Not a team player. His selfishness was our undoing for their second. Should have slipped it to Marriott but lost possession. Don’t think he’ll ever change...and the odd glory goal doesn’t make up for it. Nothing more deflating if you’re struggling than knowing that not everyone is playing for the team. Norwich is a team. They play one-two’s for each other in the box in the hope that whoever is best-placed will score. Can you see Windass doing that?!

• Like 2

Criminal to not lay the ball off, really could have been game changing.

Poor decision making at it's finest, greedy ego driven type of person is the vibes i get from Windass.

For him then to say what he did to JP boiled my blood. 
Yes it happens in football always, telling someone to shutup or F off but he was the one in the wrong and that potentially cost us the game and cost us the chance to go 2-1 up.

• Like 1