Josh Windass

I want to see the players hurting and wanting to win, I have no problem with that, what wee wees me off, yesterday was a prime example, was our players shaking hands with cheating players like Cantwell after the game, they should tell him to Pee off, and that's being polite.

It's more about culture. When you see team mates getting angry with each other, it is usually followed by a dip in form. Same has been evident at Liverpool this year with Mane/Salah. When a team has trust and is working for each other, the whole is usually greater than the sum of the parts. It's not about an idividual and how useful they would be in whatever league.

21 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

was our players shaking hands with cheating players like Cantwell after the game, they should tell him to Pee off, and that's being polite.

You've never played football then...you kick them all over the park and shake hands afterwards 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

His reaction to Pelupessy really angered me.

For all his lack of ability, Joey is seemingly a great guy. To react with such vehemence, when so obviously in the wrong angers me too. Get the lad benched till he learns about teamwork.  

Edited by Daizan10
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

His reaction to Pelupessy really angered me.

Us too and I am pleased that plenty of people have picked up on this. I said right from the start, when we had him on loan, that he makes too many bad decisions and was not a proper team player, but to to react in such a way, just emphasises what a few people have said in the past regarding certain players and the way that they upset the togetherness of the team. With Windass specifically though, I found him annoying from the start when he has the opportunity to shoot but doesn't fancy it for whatever reason, he passes badly to someone in a worse position than him, as though trying to make a point maybe, but when he has the opportunity to play someone in for an easier chance at goal he takes a greedy long shot instead. We have always known that some players would rather have a personal hollywood goal on their video profile than a team goal, which is never acceptable to the rest of the team, even if the player at fault scores lots of goals. Those kinds of players are still resented by their teammates and tolerated whereas it is difficult to see why anyone would tolerate a player like Windass doing the same kind of thing. I hope that I am doing the bloke a huge injustice and that Darren Moore can bring the best out in him, because at times he does show a good eye for a through ball and a good eye for making a run with the ball, but he definitely needs to make that mental connection in his brain that one more risky step with the ball, or one more risky shot, is nowhere near as likely to be effective as passing the ball well before you lose it, or passing the ball well when an easier shot is on.

As many of us said at the end of last season and the beginning of this season, we have a very poor team with too many players who are either incapable or unwilling to make the right decisions and making the correct decisions more often than not will win you more points, while, as we saw last season and again right now, making too many bad decisions will definitely lose you more points and we cannot afford to keep doing that. Right now Darren Moore must be thinking that he could be better off clearing out 90% of the squad this summer and building a new team and squad that has enough personality, football knowhow, hunger and endeavour to actually become a good enough team to win promotion back to the championship and then with a few additions maybe challenge, mid table and above. The only hurdle Darren Moore has with that, is if he is prevented from bringing in the actual players he wants, getting instead the kinds of high earning mediocre agency players forced on him, just like his predecessors have had. Good grief Monk and Pulis both told Chansiri and the press, exactly what they needed. One got sacked after asking for hungry, fit young Championship players especially a striker and left back and instead being given mediocre to rubbish players with little hunger, fitness, or youth with "attackers"/"midfielders" like Marriott, Paterson, Kachunga and Windass instead of strikers and  and a few injured old centre halves signed, one with a broken leg no better than what we already have and one old player on loan who only managed a couple of games before going back, instead of the fit young hungry left back that we so desperately needed and still need. The other got sacked rather than backed with the players that he said would be needed to keep us up. They were the same players that Monk had requested and the same players that we are still short of.

So Windass is really just the tip of the iceburg.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

For all his lack of ability, Joey is seemingly a great guy. To react with such vehemence, when so obviously in the wrong angers me too. Get the lad benched till he learns about teamwork.  

Very revealing about his attitude and maybe a real bad apple

• Like 1

On 14/03/2021 at 14:15, northeastowl said:

Sums us up as a team and why we’ve got no chance of staying up. Makes you wonder if any of our players actually like each other. 

Compare and contrast with ye olde 92 squad who gave each other no end of grief on the pitch, but genuinely got on with each other off it. And quite a few of them are still friends today.

And yes, in my last job I had a mean bitchy colleague who made Morrissey look like a little ray of sunshine. I'm so glad I work from home now.

Edited by FightLikeAGirl

Yes, there are aspects of Windass’s play that need to change, but he was virtually the only player against Huddersfield that was trying to be positive and to make things happen, with some energetic forward runs on occasions.

I hope DM has a constructive chat with him rather than just benching him for the remaining games

• Like 1