Josh Windass

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
42 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am expecting a statement from the player tomorrow about this on his official Twitter account.

I just wanted to say the video yesterday does not reflect me as a person and the values I hold.

No one should face abuse at thier place of work and I apologise for any distress to a teammate and the supporters who saw that.

We are all in this together and I can assure the wonderful fans we are still fighting for every point and confident we can turn the season around

WAWAW.

Joey’s already scheduled an Oprah interview for next week.

I think the Windass expletives to Pellupessy just ecompass what is wrong with some players in our team. He is obviously playing for himself, trying to impress to get a move away, and sod playing for the team.  Absolutely no reason not to pass to his team mate ( who in my view was the man of the match). 

The manager and captain should have grabbed him by his neck when he got back in the changing room and made him apologise personally to Pellupessy and generally to the whole team.

Who the f@ck do you think you are Windass. Second rate journeyman footballer at best!

• Like 5

He's a reflection of the club - sad, overpriced, and taking the fans for a ride - he's not the only one though.

In all my time watching SWFC this is the worst that I've felt about a team/players. At best indifference; at worst an irrational hatred of them for sponging of the club without a care.

In 2010/11 Darren Purse got some dogs abuse, but he always seemed to care - some of these players including Windass have almost one eye on their next move.

• Like 3

Guest LondonOwl313

Think players say this sort of thing to team mates all the time.. it’s not a reflection of anything, just unlucky it’s caught on camera

Golden boy Rashford called Maguire a kn*bhead the other week and nothing came of it.. what happens on the pitch probably gets discussed after in the changing room and left there. 

It’s not the same environment and culture as an office job so expectations aren’t the same 

9 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Windass has been found out this season, big time.

When he signed, I thought there were some encouraging sign from him, but he's not a footballer

What was there to find out?

He's a lower championship level clogger, it's not like he's been tearing up the leagues and all of a sudden he's been exposed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest hirstysfags

Crikey they are grown adults in a working class sport. Go watch a pub league (yes, next season I know) match and every other word will be fu(k.

Edited by hirstysfags
Punctuation!

Never really rated him whilst at us. Today sums up why, and not the first time he has been greedy, which is fine so long as you can produce the goods

His attempted dribble straight down the middle of the pitch cost us the goal, and not squaring it prior, criminal 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sexpistol said:

That’s a very good point that no one seems to have considered. For all we know a Norwich player could have said “that was w@nk” Pelupessy was some way from him and it didn’t look like Windass exactly screamed what he said.

I was thinking Joey could have shouted 'Greedy B*stard ' at him or something? 

• Haha 1

I think this is all a bit of an over-reaction

He effed up twice in quick succession and was frustrated.

Sure you might not want him to react like that, but it’s in the heat of the battle. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to help the team

In fact I’d suggest the rest of his performance was quite promising actually 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I think this is all a bit of an over-reaction

He effed up twice in quick succession and was frustrated.

Sure you might not want him to react like that, but it’s in the heat of the battle. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to help the team

In fact I’d suggest the rest of his performance was quite promising actually 

promising for a league 1/2 player, or is that being generous.

20 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Amazing to say, but I wish we’d kept Atdhe Nuhiu and not wasted money on Windass. Better attitude. Is an actual striker. Scores goals. Sometimes. 

Windass is twice the player Nuhui was..fair enough Nuhui had a great attitude  ..but that was it..

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sexpistol said:

If you think he was lazy today you saw a different game to me, he was constantly putting himself about and trying to win the ball.

Fair enough. That's football. People often see different things in the same game.

Don't agree though. But that's fine, contrary to current popular opinion we can disagree and it's not the end of the world.

• Like 1