Is there anything left than Chansiri could do to win fans over?

I was talking to a friend of mine who asked the same question,  I said if we went down then to get fans inside and back in the ground maybe reduce season tickets to £200 for the kop for adults and £50 for concessions. Be a good start and would hopefully fill the ground a little 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

I was talking to a friend of mine who asked the same question,  I said if we went down then to get fans inside and back in the ground maybe reduce season tickets to £200 for the kop for adults and £50 for concessions. Be a good start and would hopefully fill the ground a little 

£8.70 and £2.17 per game respectively ?

Not a very good business model, I know our present one isn't very good but even so. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

If Chansiri changed his ways I'd bear zero grudges and we can all just crack on together

Unfortunately he's already caused too much damage and embarrassment to the club for us to just "crack on" and pretend it didn't happen.

Ultimately he might be able to claw his way back into good graces, but it's going to take a hell of a lot more than just doing what he should've done to begin with. He's got a lot to answer for. 

Reality suggests he won't change though. So whatever. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

Leicester sound a hunting horn at start of games

But Leicester are the Foxes, hunting horns are sounded before fox hunts

I don't think whoever decided they should sound a hunting horn thought that through.

• Haha 4

Yes. 

Forget the results 

Forget the Premier League 

Forget 'big' name signings and managers 

Just give me a club I'm proud to support. I don't need any of the above for that to happen. 

• Like 3

Guest whowantstoberich
23 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

£8.70 and £2.17 per game respectively ?

Not a very good business model, I know our present one isn't very good but even so. 

Be more profitable to have no fans in and sell I follow at £10 as no ground running costs.

1 hour ago, e6owl said:

Lots has been said about Chansiri's record (mostly failures, with a few successes), but looking forward is there anything he could realistically do that would win people over or is the faith completely lost?

It seems like the writing is on the wall and most Wednesday fans want him gone, but Blackburn are currently on a similar journey. When Venky's came in they completely trashed the place, dragged the club from the PL to League 1 in a couple of years. Since about 2015 though, they've recognised they know nothing, got experience people in, and just made sure to keep the club afloat from India (haven't been to a match in years). Against a backdrop of Wigan and Bolton falling apart, with Blackburn getting promotion from League 1 and consolidating in the championship their reputation has been improved massively lately amongst Rovers fans.

If Chansiri did what they've done - stepped back, handed over the day to day to an experienced CEO/Board, but kept funding the club - would people come to terms with that and start to accept him again?

If he gives me my refund my opinion will go up slightly :Chansiri:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Be more profitable to have no fans in and sell I follow at £10 as no ground running costs.

Not the same atmosphere though.

Also I don't know how many take up the I follow option but would guess it's nowhere near our usual gates.

6 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Sack  Paxo1.png.92e824d0da571b0ecdeadfe1a11c20af.pngfor a start and then say sorry to the fans.

Throw your elephants in the River Don and please stop squeaking when you speak.  Oh and hire people who actually know how to run a football club and engage with the local community and businesses.  It really isn’t that hard to put a basic plan in place!

• Like 1

YES

100%

All we want is the madness to stop, for a proper structure, respect for fans, more transparency, less secrets, more common sense management of the finances etc etc

It's not a personal thing for me or about him - it's about what's best for our club (his actions to date haven't been)

If Chansiri changed his ways I'd bear zero grudges and we can all just crack on together

Hard to disagree with any of that.

That’s an awfully big if though isn’t it ?

Guest Andy W

YES

100%

All we want is the madness to stop, for a proper structure, respect for fans, more transparency, less secrets, more common sense management of the finances etc etc

It's not a personal thing for me or about him - it's about what's best for our club (his actions to date haven't been)

I agree. We clearly need his (or someone's) money. If he did change his ways, eat humble pie and get the right people in then who knows? This season is gone, we are down that's beyond argument.

So lets all move forward together and awaken the giant, as they say.

UTO

35 minutes ago, victorturner said:

This club is finished. We cannot sign decent players as we are broke, cannot pay on time and our youth prospects to leave at 19. Please tell me how we can ever have a successful team . It’s over. 

Pessimist.lol Nothing is ever hopeless.

It might take a while to sort out but we can do it if DC is prepared to back off and leave football to those that know about it.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

YES

100%

Absolutely this 

I wrote on a different thread how the appointment of DM and his team could be construed as a re think and looking at a business model developing young hungry players. If that is so and he was to declare this as his way forward he would start to get fans on his side .

I would also urge him to look at the successful clubs in English football. Many have foreign owners, but almost all if not all have a professional football structure to manage the club.  Learn to trust and delegate,

• Like 2