Is there anything left than Chansiri could do to win fans over?

7 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

The Owlstalk members who have vast experience of running multi-million pound businesses eh. I can't wait to see that one.

I'm wanting him gone but good grief 

Well I do exactly that but if I did it anywhere near as badly as Chansiri does at SWFC then I wouldn’t be doing it much longer. 

• Like 5

I haven't read the thread sorry, so something similar might have been said, but after seeing the title after watching yesterday's game last night I thought I bet he would think if we get relegated getting promoted would do it like how it was under Milan. He always said he doesn't get why fans loved him, I guess it's one of the many reasons why we are where we are today. I bet he thinks League 1 would be easy too, what would the target be this time the Title instead of the top 2?

On 13/03/2021 at 07:49, morganowl said:

there are 2 ways to look at this if chansiri wernt here the club would have folded this season as his personal money is keeping club afloat . but he has created this mess and if he stays its only likely to get worse(if thats possible) he just dont seem to want to learn from his mistakes , if we owned a big company and all the management and employees were failing we would sack them and restructure ,so there leads me to our recruitment team and paxio who couldn`t have done a worse job.. even pep couldn`t get this rabble to play well. 

The Club would not have folded for 2 reasons,(1) The Clubs current financial state has been achieved whilst under the ownership of the current Chairman,were he not to be the owner,our status could be financially very different.(2) If Mr Chansiri left,it would be because he had sold the Club to another potential owner,and as we have seen the'there is nobody prepared to buy a Club' myth is gone...

The one constant for me through our multiple managers has been the PLAYERS many of whom are millionaires,...These players could and SHOULD  have done better.......

Coincidence that some players are allegedly suddenly playing better?   as the Club sinks into the abyss?.....shop wIndow for the next 'gig'? I for one dont want to see players offered new contracts..

14 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Football fans are fickle. If a huge turnaround in attitude, approach and investment took us to the Premier League then the fans would be won over, generally speaking.

For me though, no. The Chansiri experience has never been a bed of roses and I'm one of the many on here who have had significant reservations about his character, attitude, stubbornness and decision making since very early on - long before Wembley. There's been some extremely cyncial, badly advised nonsense occur at this club that was easy to ignore, make excuses for or even just laugh off because the team was decent. 

Now that safety blanket of "success" doesn't exist and we can see what's underneath. A heap of absolute sh*te. There's nothing left, no excuses, and he's out of time. Overseeing relegation to League One is an unfathomable failure of his tenure. 

Great post mate,totally agree

Guest Hornsby
On 13/03/2021 at 19:53, Emerson Thome said:

As long as he keeps funding all the losses he's making I won't mind so much. If he decides to plug the plug then we'll be really up shít alley.

EFL will.

Permanent transfer ban at that rate.

Sell up - he’ll destroy the club if he doesn’t change.

Needs to ditch the so called advisors and get some genuine footballing people in to run the club.

Sadly it just isn’t going to happen and I can see us sliding into L2 in few years or so and from there - who knows! 

• Like 3

I the short term, no. We’re going down thanks to his general incompetence and stalling when management decisions were needed . And given the perilous position that we find ourselves in he is conspicuous by his absence and leadership.

Long term yes. If he accepts the error of his ways and gets some proper football people to advise him then his shattered reputation might begin to be patched up. I get the feeling that our current manager is a step in the right direction.... but it’s going to take some time to erase Jos, Monk and Pulis from my memory.

On 12/03/2021 at 20:22, matthefish2002 said:

He can start by stop having his name on absolutely everything, just come across as we are just a massive ego trip for him.

Have a more sensible pricing structure.

Stop running the club on a short term basis.

|Now wants the Club to 'break even' apparently....in responce to looking at reviewing entry prices..........

On 12/03/2021 at 09:39, Gob_Bluth said:

That's all anyone has really wanted from the get go

Leave the money to the money people

Leave the football to the football people

How about just leave?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/03/2021 at 16:34, e6owl said:

Lots has been said about Chansiri's record (mostly failures, with a few successes), but looking forward is there anything he could realistically do that would win people over or is the faith completely lost?

It seems like the writing is on the wall and most Wednesday fans want him gone, but Blackburn are currently on a similar journey. When Venky's came in they completely trashed the place, dragged the club from the PL to League 1 in a couple of years. Since about 2015 though, they've recognised they know nothing, got experience people in, and just made sure to keep the club afloat from India (haven't been to a match in years). Against a backdrop of Wigan and Bolton falling apart, with Blackburn getting promotion from League 1 and consolidating in the championship their reputation has been improved massively lately amongst Rovers fans.

If Chansiri did what they've done - stepped back, handed over the day to day to an experienced CEO/Board, but kept funding the club - would people come to terms with that and start to accept him again?

I think you’ll find that the silent majority bar far outweigh the vocal minority when it comes to Chansiri, he tried and failed, but at least he tried!!!

• Haha 2

For me: he can leave, giving back the ground and selling the club for a reasonable/true valuation and not what he wants in his la-la land view of things.  Still won't win me over though as he's knackered up this club and it will take years to recover from it after he's gone.

• Like 1