Is there anything left than Chansiri could do to win fans over?

Chansiri built walls between himself and the fanbase, and now he finds himself walled in and under siege.He hiked prices on everything,making us one of the most expensive sides to watch outside the premier  league, hes not once taken into account this is a working class fanbase and sheffield has a third rate economy,yet he wants us to pay london prices.Hes so out of touch from his own supporters he now calls them customers. He cant explain or take ownership for poor transfer dealings or acknowledge he totally fudged the clubs 150th anniversary and turned it from a celebration to a laughing stock.Hes taken us from mid table to relegation and given us two decent seasons,both in his first two years.

He may own the club,he doesnt own us,we know more about our club and its supporters than he will ever learn no matter how much he reads about our history.

If the blokes got one ounce of honour left,hel put right his mistakes,make the club profitable and attractive,gives our ground back,and sell us to someone who actually knows the football business and can implement a sustainable blueprint to get us out of the mire him and AP have dragged us into.

• Like 3

Quite stunned to see this thread. Was only thinking the same thing last night.

It has to change. His perception and also the cultural perception has to change.
He needs to rid himself of paxo and any doyen links. It hasn't worked for us.
Paxo's  advice is sheite.

I hold out absolutely no hope of any of this happening though.
We've seen the chairman we have. We have seen the way the club has been run, we have heard how

he treats staff.

He knows no different. Just a little never held a job rich kid spending Daddies money. 
Or rather - no longer, spending Daddies money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

there are 2 ways to look at this if chansiri wernt here the club would have folded this season as his personal money is keeping club afloat . but he has created this mess and if he stays its only likely to get worse(if thats possible) he just dont seem to want to learn from his mistakes , if we owned a big company and all the management and employees were failing we would sack them and restructure ,so there leads me to our recruitment team and paxio who couldn`t have done a worse job.. even pep couldn`t get this rabble to play well. 

16 hours ago, Hookowl said:

£8.70 and £2.17 per game respectively ?

Not a very good business model, I know our present one isn't very good but even so. 

Apparently the income from us paying fans hardly contributes to the overall income to the club, DCs own words, so why not? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

YES

100%

All we want is the madness to stop, for a proper structure, respect for fans, more transparency, less secrets, more common sense management of the finances etc etc

It's not a personal thing for me or about him - it's about what's best for our club (his actions to date haven't been)

If Chansiri changed his ways I'd bear zero grudges and we can all just crack on together

Sadly  I think it's the nature of the beast. Can a leopard change it's spots. Never seen it. 

The biggest lesson that Chansiri needs to learn is humility. Then he needs to swallow his pride, realise his mistakes, learn from them and move forward. Also, stop watching Minder and Only Fools & Horses. The business of football is no place for the Daley's or Trotters of this world.

Stop with the lies to the fans, like lost 9 figure sponsorship deals and stop with the made up companies to try and avoid breaking financial rules. If we can see through these things, I'm sure as hell others in the business can.  It's comical and naive and also embarrassing, for not only the club and its tradition, but for him personally and as a businessman.

Employ the right people in the right roles, and get rid of the charlatans. Paixao has done nothing for this club, that doesn't appear to have benefitted himself in some way. If we are wrong, provide absolute proof. Stop with the smoking mirrors. There are seriously enough knowlegable people on this forum to work most things out, with an accuracy that wouldn't be far away from absolute truth.

Learn about the fans, our traditions, our ethics and ethos and the kind of money that the average Owls fan has left, at the end of a very hard weeks work. Explore what makes us tick and what angers us.

Put plans in place: short, medium and long term to enhance the club and business as a whole. Set out strategies that will be of benefit to us all. Then advise these plans so we can see the vision you have.

Stop gambling. A football club isn't a lottery ticket or the slots in Vegas or Vladivostok (I'm certain I've seen a program about the Russian gambling capitol with DC walking past the camera). You can't put all of your money in to one season, because that ends up creating a situation just like the reality we face today. It's stupid and not what a business man with knowledge and experience would do.

And as others have said, do what you do best and leave the running of the club to people who really know what they are doing. I remember being in a meeting with the Chairman of a major global business who said that he expects to be the most stupid person in the room, because he employed and surrounded himself with smarter people to give him the advice, information, energy and connections he required to make the right decisions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

Also, stop watching Minder and Only Fools & Horses. The business of football is no place for the Daley's or Trotters of this world.

It's crap like this that I just don't understand...the idea that DC references British TV from the 70's is as stupid as the poster that suggests it

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

It's crap like this that I just don't understand...the idea that DC references British TV from the 70's is as stupid as the poster that suggests it

Exactly it totally unrealistic...Del Boy started penniless and ended up a millionaire whereas Chansiri started as a millionaire and is hopefully well on the way to being penniless.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Stop with the lies to the fans, like lost 9 figure sponsorship deals and stop with the made up companies to try and avoid breaking financial rules. If we can see through these things, I'm sure as hell others in the business can.  It's comical and naive and also embarrassing, for not only the club and its tradition, but for him personally and as a businessman.

We've turned down 9 figure sponsorship deals?

You mean over £100,000,000 minimum!    Or £9.99?

Yes. Get rid of stuffing boy and get a proper advisor / DoF in & left proper football people in to run the club. I do believe he has good intentions, he’s spaffed millions up the wall so surely needs us to do well but needs to swallow his pride and let those who know what they’re doing run the club 

• Love 1

What chansiri needs to do is recognise that there are better people to run the club 

he needs to employ them then empower them abs trust them to do their jobs 

he can set the ambition and budget and the philosposhy in how he wants the club to play operate and perform then all he does is support them to do their jobs 

unfortunately chansiri has to have his say abs makes the final decisions on everything and is advisors has a lot to be answered for when you look at the state of the club 

with the amount of money chansiri has invested in the club he should be worshiped by us all non of us can fault that but the mismanagement and decision making along the way has been nothing short of a disaster and that’s the frustrating thing 

that first batch of recruitment with the panel of glen roder and co, seemed like we was recruiting the right people to do the jobs but those days are long gone and it doesn’t work 

my verdict is he needs a board or two key members of staff that report into him 

director of football ( if he wants a head coach )

cheif executive for commercial matters 

or just employ that CEO abs them structure the club from top to bottom and act as a chairman

Until this happens I think chansiri will now and always be not accepted by the majority of the fans 

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

You don't understand the reference, and yet you call me stupid?

Oooh, the irony lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

We've turned down 9 figure sponsorship deals?

You mean over £100,000,000 minimum!    Or £9.99?

According to DC, in one of his live media interviews, he mentioned that we, the fans, due to our online negativity and attacks on the club and chairman, lost the club a 9 figure sponsorship deal. So I'm assuming, like everyone else, that the figure was £100,000,000.00 minimum.

Of course, we only have his word that this actually happened.

• Like 1