Jump to content

Is there anything left than Chansiri could do to win fans over?


Recommended Posts

The Venky's are real business people who know nothing about football.

 

Chansiri is a man that knows nothing about football or business.

 

Could Chansiri recover this situation?  Very unlikely, but if he wants try then go ahead.

 

First move; return Hillsborough to SWFC.

#2 - hire a CEO and a DOF.

#3 - remove Paxo from his counsel.

#4 - invest in Moore, and his vision whatever that may be.

#5 - drop ticket prices.

#6 - do all that while meeting rules.

 

And then you see why Chansiri can't budge.  It's not just that he's a disaster now, it's his previous decisions that still affect us today.

 

He's not the man for me, but if he can do #1-#6 by the end of the week, then I'll gladly rub his lucky elephant.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, e6owl said:

Lots has been said about Chansiri's record (mostly failures, with a few successes), but looking forward is there anything he could realistically do that would win people over or is the faith completely lost?

 

It seems like the writing is on the wall and most Wednesday fans want him gone, but Blackburn are currently on a similar journey. When Venky's came in they completely trashed the place, dragged the club from the PL to League 1 in a couple of years. Since about 2015 though, they've recognised they know nothing, got experience people in, and just made sure to keep the club afloat from India (haven't been to a match in years). Against a backdrop of Wigan and Bolton falling apart, with Blackburn getting promotion from League 1 and consolidating in the championship their reputation has been improved massively lately amongst Rovers fans.

 

If Chansiri did what they've done - stepped back, handed over the day to day to an experienced CEO/Board, but kept funding the club - would people come to terms with that and start to accept him again?

yes bring in competent people to do key roles in the club.

 

director of football, head of recriutment, development director, head of marketing and a person to run the club day to day.

 

THEN ALLOW THEM TO DO THEIR JOB WITHOUT DC making every decision for them.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot Chansiris mistakes and problems would fall into the background if we were winning. Get a manager and back him and hope to f@@k the results turn. Be that Moore or anyone else . That’s the only way Chansiri salvages it for me. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s actually loads of things that Chansiri could do to win me back:

 

1 - Appoint competent people to run the day-to-day stuff (CEO, DoF etc etc); get a proper infrastructure at the club.

2 - Give Hillsborough stadium back to SWFC.

3 - Start showing some respect to our fans and our club’s traditions.

4 - A total overhaul of the ticket pricing structure.  The cost for SWFC tickets is disgustingly high.

5 - No more Champions League prices for a pub league product.

6 - The club have appointed Darren Moore.  Now SWFC have to do all they can to back their man.

7 - Chansiri’s decisions have lead us to a situation where we have somewhere between 10-20 first team players expectedly to leave us this summer.  The next transfer window is going to be an expensive one for you, DC.  Get your cheque book out son and sign some young, skilful, dynamic players for next season.

8 - Stop making rash, ego-driven decisions.

9 - Actually pay employees on time and their full wages.

10 - Learn from your mistakes.

11 - Get an actual shirt-sponsorship deal sorted with a suitable outside company, or don’t have one at all.  The fans don’t want Chansiri splashed across their shirt.

12 - Refund the fans the money they are legally owed.

13 - Throw the golden elephants in the Don.

 

I’m sickened by Chansiri’s arrogance, recklessness and stupidity, which over the last 6 years, has destroyed my club from within.

 

However I am a very forgiving person if an individual shows they are willing to listen and change.  I won’t hold my breath.  Over to you Chansiri...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, e6owl said:

Lots has been said about Chansiri's record (mostly failures, with a few successes), but looking forward is there anything he could realistically do that would win people over or is the faith completely lost?

 

It seems like the writing is on the wall and most Wednesday fans want him gone, but Blackburn are currently on a similar journey. When Venky's came in they completely trashed the place, dragged the club from the PL to League 1 in a couple of years. Since about 2015 though, they've recognised they know nothing, got experience people in, and just made sure to keep the club afloat from India (haven't been to a match in years). Against a backdrop of Wigan and Bolton falling apart, with Blackburn getting promotion from League 1 and consolidating in the championship their reputation has been improved massively lately amongst Rovers fans.

 

If Chansiri did what they've done - stepped back, handed over the day to day to an experienced CEO/Board, but kept funding the club - would people come to terms with that and start to accept him again?

Spend a billion on transfers in league 1 and bare his backside in John Lewis window 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we started winning a few games in L1 a lot would be forgotten as fans would concentrate on the team again not the circus behind it.

 

He could do so many things to right the wrongs (without too much effort) but will he do them, no of course he won't.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, poite said:

Yes. 

 

Forget the results 

Forget the Premier League 

Forget 'big' name signings and managers 

 

Just give me a club I'm proud to support. I don't need any of the above for that to happen. 

 

 

You are amazing if you do not worry about results. Supporters need to think about their families and if the club sinks into mid table Div 3, their money will go towards their families rather than being wasted on keeping total DC incompetence from becoming total failure. SWFC is nota charity.
Would you really be proud to support a mid table League 1 team? because that’s where this club is heading.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was speaking to a Coventry fan on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. He told me they don't even talk much about their owners anymore because of how well they have done over the last few years.

 

The same COULD happen here if Chansiri changed the way he operates. Like I said in another thread the other day, which people didn't seem to agree with, best case scenario is Chansiri does just that and changes his ways, allows others to run the club and takes a back seat.

 

There's nothing wrong in accepting you have made mistakes and if he took some responsibility for them, I think most reasonable fans would accept that and not be as critical while he went about implementing a strategy and whatever else, I genuinely don't think he realises this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, prowl said:

Pessimist.lol Nothing is ever hopeless.

 

It might take a while to sort out but we can do it if DC is prepared to back off and leave football to those that know about it.

Why would he do that now when his money is all that is keeping the club from dying?
Pessimist? 
Prepared to listen to how a bankrupted club with no money to pay wages, unable to recruit decent players on decent wages and decent managers , and unable to prevent good youth products from leaving , can possibly be anything more than a mid table League 1 team. We cannot even aspire to build a team around good youth players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I was speaking to a Coventry fan on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. He told me they don't even talk much about their owners anymore because of how well they have done over the last few years.

 

The same COULD happen here if Chansiri changed the way he operates. Like I said in another thread the other day, which people didn't seem to agree with, best case scenario is Chansiri does just that and changes his ways, allows others to run the club and takes a back seat.

 

There's nothing wrong in accepting you have made mistakes and if he took some responsibility for them, I think most reasonable fans would accept that and not be as critical while he went about implementing a strategy and whatever else, I genuinely don't think he realises this.

That's the problem 

DC was born into money and probley never worked a day in his life until he bought us 

No one will have ever criticised him, told him he was wrong 

 

In his head we as fans should be thanking him and walking the ground he walks 

 

He is so far from reality he probley thinks he is the best chairman in football and everyone else is to blame for the mess we are in 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sticky Micky said:

That's the problem 

DC was born into money and probley never worked a day in his life until he bought us 

No one will have ever criticised him, told him he was wrong 

 

In his head we as fans should be thanking him and walking the ground he walks 

 

He is so far from reality he probley thinks he is the best chairman in football and everyone else is to blame for the mess we are in 

Agree to a point.

 

Comments like "Rhodes was a gift to the fans" I agree show he doesn't really get it. Certainly not why fans would be disappointed.

 

I don't know what he thinks regarding how he feels he should be treated, while being born in to money I don't know how hard or not he's worked.

 

Not saying he will change, I don't think he will but it's what I'd like to happen rather then being sold to someone who might be a lot worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Agree to a point.

 

Comments like "Rhodes was a gift to the fans" I agree show he doesn't really get it. Certainly not why fans would be disappointed.

 

I don't know what he thinks regarding how he feels he should be treated, while being born in to money I don't know how hard or not he's worked.

 

Not saying he will change, I don't think he will but it's what I'd like to happen rather then being sold to someone who might be a lot worse.

He's well on his way to 50 years of age he ain't going to change now 

 

Several football people with years of football experience have tried to help Dc but he has got rid because he knows best 

 

If he ain't going to listen to them why would he listen to Alan from the pub 

 

He is far to stubborn to change now 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Football fans in general obviously want success on the pitch but the majority are realistic enough that they know the club needs to be run properly as well.  Tottenham fans might be frustrated that they never quite have success but they know they have one of the most business savvy Chairman around and that financially he's looking after them.

 

We on the other hand have nothing,  a rich man who doesn't seem to understand business and definitely does not get Football.  He needs to bring in people that do, if does that and very soon then he may win the fans over. 

 

Personally if I saw him getting it right off the pitch I'd be more optimistic, the results would come in time but unless he brings in a proper set of Directors and runs the club properly we are only going in one direction.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, e6owl said:

Lots has been said about Chansiri's record (mostly failures, with a few successes), but looking forward is there anything he could realistically do that would win people over or is the faith completely lost?

 

It seems like the writing is on the wall and most Wednesday fans want him gone, but Blackburn are currently on a similar journey. When Venky's came in they completely trashed the place, dragged the club from the PL to League 1 in a couple of years. Since about 2015 though, they've recognised they know nothing, got experience people in, and just made sure to keep the club afloat from India (haven't been to a match in years). Against a backdrop of Wigan and Bolton falling apart, with Blackburn getting promotion from League 1 and consolidating in the championship their reputation has been improved massively lately amongst Rovers fans.

 

If Chansiri did what they've done - stepped back, handed over the day to day to an experienced CEO/Board, but kept funding the club - would people come to terms with that and start to accept him again?

Sell up and fuckoff would be a decent start.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chansiri built walls between himself and the fanbase, and now he finds himself walled in and under siege.He hiked prices on everything,making us one of the most expensive sides to watch outside the premier  league, hes not once taken into account this is a working class fanbase and sheffield has a third rate economy,yet he wants us to pay london prices.Hes so out of touch from his own supporters he now calls them customers. He cant explain or take ownership for poor transfer dealings or acknowledge he totally fudged the clubs 150th anniversary and turned it from a celebration to a laughing stock.Hes taken us from mid table to relegation and given us two decent seasons,both in his first two years.

He may own the club,he doesnt own us,we know more about our club and its supporters than he will ever learn no matter how much he reads about our history.

If the blokes got one ounce of honour left,hel put right his mistakes,make the club profitable and attractive,gives our ground back,and sell us to someone who actually knows the football business and can implement a sustainable blueprint to get us out of the mire him and AP have dragged us into.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...