Is there anything left than Chansiri could do to win fans over?

7 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

He has already, a bit.

Moore's appointment was hailed by one and all at the time, so that we're currently struggling on the green stuff cannot be laid at his door.

What we are, where we are, isn't exclusively down to Channers.

If we get an owner in in the early '60s when the maximum wage goes then maybe Catterick doesn't go to Everton and/or we win the '66 final and/or we don't go down in '70...

If diamond Dave Richards and co. get an owner in in the '90s then maybe we never go down in 2000...

Know what I mean?

This steaming, stinking dung heap wasn't built in a day - it's been lovingly tended to for generations.

Just remind us again, what division were we in when DC took over from Milan?

And did we have any financial issues hanging over the club when Milan departed?

10 hours ago, poite said:

Let Darren Moore do his job. Let him work with this squad that he was pieced together and let's have some patience for once. 

Yea but two things...the g@bshites on social media never ever have patience. 

And it's not too much of stretch to think that we don't have a choice...DC likes Moore and he's not going anywhere any time soon.  And i'm guessing Chansiri is not in the country and knows fkall about potential League 1 managers.

12 hours ago, parajack said:

A pretty obvious one........Coventry have struggled badly since than......I dont want us to do the same.......especially languishing season after season in Div 3....

We simply must  do better...

Right, but the point I was making with Cov was that they probably had the worst relationship with between owners and fans in the country and have managed to put that behind them and progress as a football club in a relatively short space of time, so it CAN be done.

Not sure the fact we were both founding members of the Premier League has much relevance now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Right, but the point I was making with Cov was that they probably had the worst relationship with between owners and fans in the country and have managed to put that behind them and progress as a football club in a relatively short space of time, so it CAN be done.

100% it can

For what it’s worth I think Chansiri’s current strategy of staying out of the way this season is bang on and contributes toward the start of that happening at SWFC

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100% it can

For what it’s worth I think Chansiri’s current strategy of staying out of the way this season is bang on and contributes toward the start of that happening at SWFC

Totally agree.

It'll take time and might still have some tough days ahead but I do think the penny has to a point dropped with him. At least in terms of running the off field side of things and keeping it all in house.

Guest Jack the Hat
18 hours ago, poite said:

No, but we haven't seen anywhere near enough to determine whether he is a bad manager or not yet. 

Sacking him will not solve our problems imo. We have a decent squad, alot of which I believe came here because of DM so we need to give them all time. 

I agree Moore can attract players who wouldn't have dropped to this league otherwise. 100% I agree this. I have seen enough to realise he doesn't have the tactical knowhow to get us where we need to be. We may get to the playoffs, but then we have arguably the best squad in the league so we should. He's not going anywhere soon though so has plenty of chance to prove me wrong.

6 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Best thing he could do now is sack this clown and go and get Ryan Lowe.

Sadly that ship may have sailed now.  Would Lowe leave Plymouth for a midtable side in league 1 with a clueless owner in charge?…I think he’s destined for better things. I feel Moore was available as Donny were in poor form at the time and they were happy to get the compensation money rather than sack him for nout 

Edited by Southie_Owl

25 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Sadly that ship may have sailed now.  Would Lowe leave Plymouth for a midtable side in league 1 with a clueless owner in charge?…I think he’s destined for better things. I feel Moore was available as Donny were in poor form at the time and they were happy to get the compensation money rather than sack him for nout 

That's the point, with the squad we have we should be far from mid table, a half decent manage would have this lot top 2.

• Like 1