Is there anything left than Chansiri could do to win fans over?

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WHAT THE.....

Sorry to go against the site narrative but let’s be fair bar Milan who was only ever going to stabilise and flip us to whoever he could sell to when have we had a decent owner? Del Boy has made mistakes but I’d rather someone fail trying than not try at all...

14 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Sorry to go against the site narrative but let’s be fair bar Milan who was only ever going to stabilise and flip us to whoever he could sell to when have we had a decent owner? Del Boy has made mistakes but I’d rather someone fail trying than not try at all...

"Site narrative"

"Silent Majority"

lol

What cliche you going to trot out next?  'Mainstream Media'?? 

Seriously...  Get the hell outta here with those nonsense cliche phrases 

Ps - we're getting relegated, we've sold our ground, ticket prices are astronomical, our squad is the worst it's been in YEARS and you're still sat there trying to tell us we should thank him and that he's just made a little mistake

GET AAAAAAADA HERE with that absolute CLAPTRAP

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

On 12/03/2021 at 16:37, @owlstalk said:

YES

100%

All we want is the madness to stop, for a proper structure, respect for fans, more transparency, less secrets, more common sense management of the finances etc etc

It's not a personal thing for me or about him - it's about what's best for our club (his actions to date haven't been)

If Chansiri changed his ways I'd bear zero grudges and we can all just crack on together

👍agree 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Site narrative"

"Silent Majority"

lol

What cliche you going to trot out next?  'Mainstream Media'?? 

Seriously...  Get the hell outta here with those nonsense cliche phrases 

Ps - we're getting relegated, we've sold our ground, ticket prices are astronomical, our squad is the worst it's been in YEARS and you're still sat there trying to tell us he's just made a little mistake

GET AAAAAAADA HERE with that absolute CLAPTRAP

You’re the guy who started the site and you’ve just told me to do one cus I’ve got a different opinion......it’s football and we support a side that’s history shows we’re always up and down, we’re still paying for the mistakes made years ago, anyone who can’t see that is either stupid or has an agenda against the owner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 1867Heaven said:

You’re the guy who started the site and you’ve just told me to do one cus I’ve got a different opinion......it’s football and we support a side that’s history shows we’re always up and down, we’re still paying for the mistakes made years ago, anyone who can’t see that is either stupid or has an agenda against the owner.

'An Agenda'

There it is

Was waiting for your next cliche

Amazing 🤣

Keep em coming

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

it’s football and we support a side that’s history shows we’re always up and down, we’re still paying for the mistakes made years ago, anyone who can’t see that is either stupid or has an agenda against the owner.

This HAS to be a windup statement

You're trolling now aren't you?

You can't honestly believe this absolute total NONSENSE  

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

I think you’ll find that the silent majority bar far outweigh the vocal minority when it comes to Chansiri, he tried and failed, but at least he tried!!!

I am not sure about the silent majority part.

Think a lot of people who goes to games just go to the games and don't really follow all the ins and outs off the pitch.

Just silent really.

I would have more sympathy for Chansiri if we tried and failed to go up and we were now a mid table Championship club with a good infrastructure.

But in 6 years he has been here everything about the club has got worse while everything finance wise is more expensive.

He is incompetent!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This HAS to be a windup statement

You're trolling now aren't you?

You can't honestly believe this absolute total NONSENSE  

DC has to go plain and simple I had his back but he has lost me and many others with his ineptness. Even @casbahowl wants him gone. Enough is enough and we need to see a change in the club

• Love 1

On 12/03/2021 at 16:44, Pablo Bonvin said:

Well, I don’t think he’s going to sell up, so the best we can do is indeed hope he has a glance over the Pennines at Blackburn as an example of how not to do things but how things can be turned round.

Swap the Venkys’ chicken for our tuna and we could both have a similar outcome. 

Cant see it though, at least while he continues to place such importance on his valued advisors.

he'd be better off glancing a bit further south at Leicester ,who also have Thai owners, they seem to do eberything right !!! 

Admit he’s made mistakes, that he truly doesn’t know what he’s doing and apologise & publish an actual sustainable plan in which he relinquishes control of any on the field matters & gives that responsibility to people who know what they’re doing.

The premier league shouldn’t be a part of this plan. We’ll get there if and when we get there. The aim, and all our fans want, is to see progress year on year & to understand the process we’re going through. We don’t need to be watching the BEST players in the league but we would like a team that we want to back & that we can be proud of.

• Like 2

On 12/03/2021 at 16:34, e6owl said:

Lots has been said about Chansiri's record (mostly failures, with a few successes), but looking forward is there anything he could realistically do that would win people over or is the faith completely lost?

It seems like the writing is on the wall and most Wednesday fans want him gone, but Blackburn are currently on a similar journey. When Venky's came in they completely trashed the place, dragged the club from the PL to League 1 in a couple of years. Since about 2015 though, they've recognised they know nothing, got experience people in, and just made sure to keep the club afloat from India (haven't been to a match in years). Against a backdrop of Wigan and Bolton falling apart, with Blackburn getting promotion from League 1 and consolidating in the championship their reputation has been improved massively lately amongst Rovers fans.

If Chansiri did what they've done - stepped back, handed over the day to day to an experienced CEO/Board, but kept funding the club - would people come to terms with that and start to accept him again?

Chansiri would be totally off the hook with me if he:-

• Totally handed over the running of the clubs finances to a proper, recognised football money-person.
  • Gave signing players over totally to his player signing department minus Paixo.
  •  Gave some advisory role to somebody like, Howard Wilkinson, Gary Megson, or Chris Waddle that know about football and care deeply about the club and it's long term future.
  • Reduced the price of admission to reflect our standing in the game which is now worse than when he came in, so with match ticket admission in the bottom third, rather than the top three (hwere we have never been under him so far). 
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

• Totally handed over the running of the clubs finances to a proper, recognised football money-person.
  • Gave signing players over totally to his player signing department minus Paixo.
  •  Gave some advisory role to somebody like, Howard Wilkinson, Gary Megson, or Chris Waddle that know about football and care deeply about the club and it's long term future.
  • Reduced the price of admission to reflect our standing in the game which is now worse than when he came in, so with match ticket admission in the bottom third, rather than the top three (hwere we have never been under him so far). 

32 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

- Repeated transfer embargo’s 

- Changed the badge without consultation

- Has his name across the North Stand and the shirt 

- First ever points deduction in clubs history

- No longer own the ground

- Most expensive kits in the league 

- Pre-Covid most expensive ticket prices

- Poor asset management which has left us with a weaker squad and allows our young players to walk away for f all.

- Managerial circus this season 

- STILL not refunded all fans for last years season tickets - it’s been over a year

- His recruitment team have assembled a rubbish squad with the mental strength of a cheesy Wotsit (crumble consistently)

- We’re getting relegated

Yeah but at least he had a go. Give me stable and steady under Mandaric any day of the week. At least I felt pride in the club I support. Chansiri has ripped the soul out of it. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I agree with your first 2 points but Waddle and Megson are yesterday's news in terms of football and Howard is now in his late 70s! We need new blood who reflects the modern game.

Admission prices need to be reduced but how do you do that when people have 3 and 5 year season tickets? POTD prices should be brought down to an acceptable level

Guest T Hardy
38 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Cellino tried to buy us and Mandaric wouldn’t sell to him. 

If Chansiri developes and puts into place a plan - that creates a philosophy the club then stick to, be that developing ur own talent through the academy, or scouting Europe and the world for the best young players, developing them for a few years and then selling them on for massive profits. To do either he needs to hire people to run the financial and recruitment sides of the club with experience in both roles. Especially on the football side, where we are crying out for a sporting director to make sure the club has an overall sporting vision and all appointments and signings fit into that vision. If he did this, yes, Id be happy for him to stay.