The worst away end following wednesday

1 hour ago, mildatheart67 said:

Going back to the 90s the away end at Palace was rubbish.

Dishonourable mentions to Grimsby away, absolutely rammed ,near certain was over capacity.

Oxford United ,clear enough view, terrible crush in the narrow alley way getting out

yer stuffed right in the corner when gordon watson scored . ive always thought that was the worst. the old wembley another used to have bucket seats with no back ,awful view and miles from the pitch. 

59 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Honourable mention to our own away end, especially in the lower.  Remember being forced to sit there for a home game because I had a broken arm (fizz knows).  

Just how is that stand still remaining as it is? 

Cause we never had the money to knock it down and build a new one , apparently ....I agree with u , scandalous eye sore 

The old Den. I only went there once for the 4-4 draw in the FA Cup in 1991 (I think) and it was horrific. Stuck in the corner behind fences with barbed wire on top, and couldn't even see the goal at our end just the crossbar. The locals were even grimmer, one kid spent most of the game waving a knife at the away fans. Must have taken offence to our chant of "we know where you live, in those flats, in those flats".

21 minutes ago, St Ives owls said:

Mansfield Town

FA cup match scaffolding supporting the back of the stand 

it keep bowing out and about a 40ft drop kept appearing 😳

It didn't help that the whole away end were jumping up and down throughout the 2nd half - 'Atkinson's Barmy Army'  - good day that.

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The old Den. I only went there once for the 4-4 draw in the FA Cup in 1991 (I think) and it was horrific. Stuck in the corner behind fences with barbed wire on top, and couldn't even see the goal at our end just the crossbar. The locals were even grimmer, one kid spent most of the game waving a knife at the away fans. Must have taken offence to our chant of "we know where you live, in those flats, in those flats".

went twice that season; the league we lost 2-4 and ended up boarded up in a pub nearby with the locals trying to get in. Most frightened I've been at a football match.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

i always thought west ham was bad  with QPR  not far behind ......get in the wrong area at both grounds  and you couldnt see the goal down your end ...... the old open end at brentford wasnt good  if you needed a slash at half time ...........the worst probably halifax .stood on a cinders on a freezing cold night seperated from the  pitch by a speedway track and watched the worst match ive ever seen . 

Most of the grounds in the seventies were shyteholes but that Halifax ground sticks in the memory, the most recent bad one was Blackpool away in the cup when they were a premiership team , I thought the stand was collapsing when we bounced 

• Like 2

2 spring to mind immediately...

Ayresome Park, the old Middlesborough ground. That frayed netting separating away end from the home support. Did absolutely nothing to stop the hail of coins and darts coming g through. That cow shed at Burnley, where no matter where you were, you got wet. I swear it is the only place I have ever been to where the rain came in vertically and horizontally. Honourable mentions to Grimsby, Oxford and Yeovil.

1 hour ago, St Ives owls said:

Mansfield Town

FA cup match scaffolding supporting the back of the stand 

it keep bowing out and about a 40ft drop kept appearing 😳

Temporary stand at Blackpool about 10 years ago . That kept moving too. If (if!!) we'd scored in last minute it would have collapsed