Paul Cook “ If you’re not allowed to manage, then you’re an employee and not a manager.”

So if this is true... And it seems to be adding to things we have been hearing then at what point will we begin the fight to get rid of Chansiri......... Before Monk went things were hotting up then appoints Pulis things get even hotter..... Then everything goes quiet.... There is always people calling for change including me now more recently but I've no doubt nobody will actually want to do anything meaningful so Chansiri Mr if you want me..... to go I'll go to well there's 200,000 of you so buy me out ...... Basically I'm going no where is very safe where he is.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, striker said:

We were a big club until Chansiri took over. 

Was we f#ck

15 years out of Premier league

Bigger than some clubs in the championship and league 1

But you need to get your head out of your ar53 if you think we are a big club 

We haven't been close to been big for 50 years except for a couple of years back in the early 90s

• Haha 3

Just now, Sticky Micky said:

Was we f#ck

15 years out of Premier league

Bigger than some clubs in the championship and league 1

But you need to get your head out of your ar53 if you think we are a big club 

We haven't been close to been big for 50 years except for a couple of years back in the early 90s

Big fanbase = big club. 

In terms of success no we aren’t a ‘big’ club. But history, tradition, fanbase, stadium we are a big club. 

Give us some credit. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It’s all just so hard to follow right now!

I just want to be able to watch football games with a a reasonable prospect of us winning and the footy being reasonably enjoyable (even not awful would be fine). I shouldn’t have to know this much about the club really. It’s like a meat pie. I don’t want to see what goes in it, just want to enjoy eating it!

Feels to me like nowts going to happen and Thompson will stay. Anything other than that just seems to complex to be feasible!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El Toro said:

I feel sorry for any manager after Carlos. They are the face of the club but are being constantly controlled behind the scenes by people who have no real direction.

This comment by Cook echoes what Cowley said in Football Focus last week. When asked if he was close to management again he said it had to be the right club and the right owners. Clearly a slight at DC there.

Ah yes, the great Cowley, whose only job above League One level is the Huddersfield job. A job he took on because he felt he and the owners were the right fit - only for the owners to boot him out months later because they didn't have the same ideas about the club. 

30 minutes ago, mogbad said:

This

For all his quoted comments & how they’ve been interpreted he’d snatch DC’s hand off if the job was offered.

Yep they all would..

Not an exact science picking a manager either, probably why there are 100's of em out of work...and sacked...and sacked again.

Because you do well at Lincoln...brighton..wigan or wherever does not mean a 'safer bet' at the next club.

There is no such thing as a safe bet in football.

Pullis was a safe bet...like foook he was.

It's the exact same hysteria when cowley was touted ....like how could we miss such a great opportunity.

Ffs 🤐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, striker said:

We were a big club until Chansiri took over. 

A club that hadn't finished above 9th in the 2nd tier since 2000? Spent 4 seasons across two spells in the third tier.

Decent crowds but aside from that we weren't exactly the massive club some thought/think we were/are.

Edited by TomtheOwl95
  • Haha 1

At what point do we realize Chansiri ISN'T going to change he can't by the looks of it. Unfortunately the only way we will get to be successful again will be after a very long ugly battle and the back of Chansiri. Very sad as I'd hoped he was a good guy who was just nieve. Now it seems we have a micro manager who hasn't got a clue and can't accept he can't do the job..... It's sad now but it looks like it will end bad now. Once people eventually have had enough, which for our club could be never. Compared to other clubs we just get kicked and just keep bumbling along grumbling but no real action...... We've always done it.... Chansiri moans about supporters being negative but other clubs supporters kick off for far far less reason than we have.....

• Like 1

Sounds like sour grapes to me

He's had his mate Biggs begging the club to employ him as manager, the club says no and all of a sudden this crap " If you’re not allowed to manage, then you’re an employee and not a manager."

If you are a manger then you are still an employee in any given scenario

Jose is an employee

Jurgen is an employee

etc

Personally I think coming out with rubbish like that shows a serious managerial flaw, "I'm the boss...you're the staff"....always doomed to fail

dodged a bullet with Cook if thats his attitude

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I think it's very clear and has been for sometime now, we are finding the vanity project of a billionaires idiot son, he tells our money goes.little way towards financing the club but yet he keeps asking for it with fake promises.of continued investment, quality players and a team that is pushing for promotion, he has mugged the fans of and soiled the name of our once great club.

• Like 1

Nothings been announced, there’s no concrete evidence he’s even been offered the job. Perhaps best to wait until we all meltdown. Cook would have been a decent appointment but only if it suited both parties. Cook wants to be an old school manager, fair play and more power to him for that. Some clubs still want a ‘manager’. Mr Chansiri wants an head coach. There’s plenty of successful clubs who use this approach. Unfortunately for us we’ve not got the structure in place above for it to succeed. Until we do that we might as well put one of those golden elephants in charge. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Has a manager been appointed? No. Is Cook therefore still in the running? Yes.

Sounds like DC is doing some due diligence around a few candidates before making a decision on who he wants to go forward with. Isn’t that a good thing? 

You would like to think so!

Nixon reckons there were 5 on shortlist, maybe all 5 have had similar talks with the club and club are assessing who is best fit.

Didn't hear the comments so will listen tomorrow on catch up, context is key on these things and can be taken either way when just in print, another way of looking at Cooks comments tonight is he knows he is in running along with others and is still "campaigning" for the job to show chansiri how popular he is with the fans.