Paul Cook “ If you’re not allowed to manage, then you’re an employee and not a manager.”

44 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Something is wrong with the way DC is doing things. Surely? 

Bruce walks out after 6 months.

Monk kept alluding to issues behind the scenes and ‘certain situations’. 

Pulis lasted 10 bloody games.

Why is the Sheffield Wednesday job a seemingly impossible one for any manager? 

Bruce ‘walks out’ 

Okay

• Like 1

Read this as an applicant trying to further his cause. Hasn’t ruled himself out of the job. Hasn’t been told he is out of the running. Says so three times, “As we speak now those talks aren’t really ongoing” ,  “I wish Sheffield Wednesday going forward, whether it’s Paul Cook or any manager, the best of luck” , “I certainly wish Sheffield Wednesday every success in whichever direction they decide to go.”

Sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy the circus that is SWFC

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I love how Cook speaks about the fans and club. We would be lucky to have him imo. 

We'd be lucky to have Paul 'little club' cook 

F##k me might as well close the doors now with that attitude 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

People need to get in the 21st century and realise foreign chairman work in different ways 

Many clubs are successful without directors of football 

It's just finding the right coach 

I’ve seen what the current clown has done to Wednesday in the 21st Century. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I love how Cook speaks about the fans and club. We would be lucky to have him imo. 

So is that what we are assessing our next manager on then, how much smoke he blows up our arse? I’m not particularly bothered who gets the job next as long as we are winning and playing some

decent stuff along the way. Don’t really care where they’ve been what they’ve done, it’s about what happens next. I’ve said it on another thread whoever gets the job regardless has the same restrictions, we have to find the best fit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Read this as an applicant trying to further his cause. Hasn’t ruled himself out of the job. Hasn’t been told he is out of the running. Says so three times, “As we speak now those talks aren’t really ongoing” ,  “I wish Sheffield Wednesday going forward, whether it’s Paul Cook or any manager, the best of luck” , “I certainly wish Sheffield Wednesday every success in whichever direction they decide to go.”

Sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy the circus that is SWFC

Translate to  I've had an interview but not heard owt since.  

The whole but about being an employee is rediculous, of course you're an employee if you are being paid a wage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

So is that what we are assessing our next manager on then, how much smoke he blows up our arse? I’m not particularly bothered who gets the job next as long as we are winning and playing some

decent stuff along the way. Don’t really care where they’ve been what they’ve done, it’s about what happens next. I’ve said it on another thread whoever gets the job regardless has the same restrictions, we have to find the best fit.

Wednesday fans want a manager with personality, calls us massive and strokes their ego

Dances about on the touchline, kisses the badge and smiles 24/7

Brings the fan base together 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

It’s what happens. People run out of ideas, old managers once linked are no longer options, so people get this irrational view of someone and build them up to be something far beyond what they actually are.

Paul Cook is that. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Well so far this season in 22 games for Watford today's favourite, Ivic, has played 541, 352, 4141, 442 and rather bizarrely 3142. 

Sure every position will get a go at some point at the rate he goes through formations, if appointed (before his inevitable sacking)

This is another irony about Paul Cook, in the interview posted on Owlstalk this week he stated he preferred to stick to the same formation, so over a period of time, and with work on the training ground, players learn the formation and style of play. Eventually his methods make better players and lead to better results. That was music to my ears...

So once again we're opting for a football genius who's going to blind the players with science and changes in formation.

I hope for DC and Att, it finally works out for us...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

It’s what happens. People run out of ideas, old managers once linked are no longer options, so people get this irrational view of someone and build them up to be something far beyond what they actually are.

Paul Cook is that. 

We'd be lucky to have Paul Cook is the most stupid thing I've heard since that idiot monk suggested reach was a striker 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Wednesday fans want a manager with personality, calls us massive and strokes their ego

Dances about on the touchline, kisses the badge and smiles 24/7

Brings the fan base together 

You joke but the best managers at Sheffield Wednesday are the ones who big the club up, understand the fanbase and have a bit of personality about them. 

Big clubs need big characters. Firm believer in this. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So why did we employ Bruce or Pulis? If DC just wants a head coach why did he employ two managers who are well known for wanting to be hands on?

Personally I think he just doesn’t really know what he wants. 

Maybe Bruce and Pulis just wanted the pay day. Who knows. It's impossible to guess what's going on.

9 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

As Chansiri himself has said we aren’t as big a club as we think we are. In the shocking state Chansiri has turned this club in to I feel we would be lucky to have Paul Cook as manager. 

• Like 2