Paul Cook “ If you’re not allowed to manage, then you’re an employee and not a manager.”

10 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

The sooner Chansiri is gone, the better

I've been saying this for over four years and getting slagged off for it. 

I've been telling everyone what was going to happen for over four years and getting slagged off for it. 

And now everything I've said about Chansiri and his peculiar approach to running a football club has come true. 

I told you all this was going to happen over four years ago. 

Sadly it's all come to pass. 

How many of those who slagged me off over four years ago now agree with me?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Something is wrong with the way DC is doing things. Surely? 

Bruce walks out after 6 months.

Monk kept alluding to issues behind the scenes and ‘certain situations’. 

Pulis lasted 10 bloody games.

Why is the Sheffield Wednesday job a seemingly impossible one for any manager? 

One common factor, DC!

1 minute ago, modboy said:

It's like dating on tinder.

We have the perfect safe match with cook but want to fanny around trying to get something a bit more racey.

I can't be too critical, every time a balding bloke flashes up on mine I keep swiping left.......

• Haha 2

clubs go through ups and downs  .some clubs are going through downs at min ie derby forest but you know they will go back upwards . us though every part of the club is rotten ,  our youth system is an absolute disaster which is critical going forward with the present situation in football , from having a complete disjointed squad what dont even have a single left back , bannan reach lees will be leaving this summer they wont be replaced ,next season in league 1 took down by a foreign nobody then sacked at end of this season . into league 1 not allowed to sign anyone ,rules state 2.5 million wage cap we are 10 times that at min way down from 42million peak ,no player will be allowed to sign for the club next season the next 2 weeks are our last chance 2 sign players before we are banned , clubs in league 1 and 2 are much better run than us ,we wont be able to compete with fleetwood town and im been serious . there is only a slim chance of stopping up this season and that was if we got paul cook in . the club is gone chansiri wont get 10 million for the club never mind the stupid amount he would accept 200 million plus . the club is going to rot and aint a damm thing we can do 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I've been telling everyone what was going to happen for over four years and getting slagged off for it. 

And now everything I've said about Chansiri and his peculiar approach to running a football club has come true. 

Ditto and still getting slangged of by the blind faithful.

Having reflected  on Cook's  comments, sounded like an approach was made, he set out his ideas / terms and we havent got back to him. In the meantime conducted similar discussions with others on the shortlist. 

What he said was correct, it's how a football club should be run. We try to implement a head coach role but without the necessary structure, which is why it fails. 

If Chansiri isnt going to change and maintain the current half arsed set up, using shadowy agents to run the club, then he is better suited to leave Thompson in charge, at least he's used to it.

Ultimately it isnt going to make any difference. The recruitment process could be concluded by picking names out of a hat for all the difference it will make.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

The one constant is Chansiri and his poisonous advisors. They are the problem, not the various managers that receive most of the blame. Cook should have been given the job not one of these dodgy foreign coaches that Chansiri can control. 

The same "advisors" who's involvement with the club we arnt  allowed to question. 

Something stinks at Hillsbro big time. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Was we f#ck

15 years out of Premier league

Bigger than some clubs in the championship and league 1

But you need to get your head out of your ar53 if you think we are a big club 

We haven't been close to been big for 50 years except for a couple of years back in the early 90s

a big club isnt just judged on success on the pitch. look at sunderland a massive club and fan base massively underachieving club . we are in the top 10 clubs for away support of any club in the uk but we are getting older , and younger fans are more choosing pigs or other teams , i hate to think the state of chansiri other businesses the way he runs us , if our club was run properly over last 20 plus years we would be getting huge crowds every week and getting success on the pitch . 

• Haha 1

Whats it going to take for some of our supporters to wake up and realise what is actually happening at Hillsbro?.. Reserach his advisors and how they operate, the business model they employ. They have a long history doing this. Wake up FFS. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, striker said:

Best leave Thompson in charge then.

Doesn't seem the type to rock the boat, has respect of the players and is an actual football coach ..which is what Chansiri seemingly wants rather than a manager.

And tbf it’s worked so far lol Tbf if we ain’t getting Cook then I’d rather keep Thompson in charge for season, we’ll stay up at least. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

I hope you are right.

FFP is rolling, but with Wednesday still not releasing their accounts, all we can do is speculate (while wondering why they still haven't released them).

Wage bill is bound to be down, but it was very very high compared to revenue, so even a cliff edge drop might not be enough to make us sustainable.  I'm speculating that we are still at or close to the £13m a year losses operationally, but for FFP purposes, in profit as Hillsborough sale is moved forward a year.

We've been doing porridge for several years now, I hope this is the year we are free of it all.

All we have is hope!! 

But look at it this way, Westwood & Rhodes combines salary is likely the salaries of Harris, Iorfa, Luongo, Dunkley & Moses.

Just releasing them can allow us 5 other solid pros at this level. 

JvA & Lees earn the same amount each as Dunkley & Iorfa. So getting rid of one, funds the two others. Getting rid of both funds 4 more players. 

Bannan & Reach offer a little more in terms of ROI but so they should as they’re two of the higher paid players in our squad and the division (barring relegated teams). 

I think the club is being better run now, be that through force of EFL or Penney finally dropping but next season will be first season in last 5/6 that we likely have a sustainable budget. 

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

You lost any credibility when you said his son picked both the players and team you big ranting fruitcake!

• Haha 1

Paul Cook has bailed out of every job he has had by going to a better club or in the case of Wigan throwing the towel in on relegation.

Now he is saying he wants all of DCs money to spend himself like a kid in a sweet shop , to get his players and everything he wants. Well bully to Paul cook, but given he will be off as soon as another club shows the tops of their stockings to him, as has been the case his whole career, I can see why DC is wary . Especially after the snake Bruce made our third choice goalie the highest paid player at the club and bailed almost straight away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1