Paul Cook “ If you’re not allowed to manage, then you’re an employee and not a manager.”

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That’s not how business works mate

People look for opportunities and a chance to get something when it’s up for grabs with loads of potential

The potential here is massive 

Please just think it through before posting this nonsense 

It’s just an opinion that differs to yours. It’s not nonsense, nor is your opinion. They are just different. Can’t people have different opinions nowadays without the other side calling them out for it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri has himself told us repeatedly now that people have come in with offers to buy the club

It's got to the point now where I don't believe a word he Says and our biggest danger of relegation is Chansiri himself firstly for not appointing the right manager but then for not allowing the chosen one to manage. DC if you read this get Paul Cook in now and let him manage and just do your best to financially back him, that's what a good chairman does. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

It’s just an opinion that differs to yours. It’s not nonsense, nor is your opinion. They are just different. Can’t people have different opinions nowadays without the other side calling them out for it. 

It just rattles my cage when people post stuff like 'careful what you wish for' about the club's owners and chairmen over the years trying to spread fear and doubt when in reality there's never been a single instance when Sheffield Wednesday (or any other club) hasn't managed to secure a new owner and new chairman

It's baseless nonsense designed to make fans worry so much they have to agree with the person who posted it that the only way Wednesday can exist is under the current owner/chairman - which is NOT true

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hate this 

It’s clear things are wrong here but soon as anyone external points it out we get bitter comments like this 

Sad times

It’s not bitter though is it - it’s true.

As is the fact that we are a shitshow.

It doesn’t have to be either / or.

Could have been 500 million and a promise of genuine investment in all areas of the ground, the academy and players

It could have. I genuinely don’t know, maybe it was from a genuine buyer with a realistic price. Maybe it was from Colin from S2 on a wind up. We don’t know?

But saying that because our ever so honest chairman said there were offers as evidence that there are still folk interested in buying us at a sensible price is a bit of a leap in my opinion. until there are real alternatives he is all we have.

If we stay up, if we clear the books and if fans come back we are hugely more viable option to buy. But there are a lot of If’s in that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Load of crap. Look at whos in charge then you will find the answer. So on that basis, who as got the job. 

He knew the deal before he went begging for the job twice.

Now he hasn’t got the job apparently it’s an issue for him again.

As I’ve already said, we have major off the field issues, but don’t think that Cook isn’t our manager because he walked away from it due to those issues.

He’s just saving a bit of face. That’s all. And I don’t blame him for it whatsoever

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

He knew the deal before he went begging for the job twice.

Now he hasn’t got the job apparently it’s an issue for him again.

As I’ve already said, we have major off the field issues, but don’t think that Cook isn’t our manager because he walked away from it due to those issues.

He’s just saving a bit of face. That’s all. And I don’t blame him for it whatsoever

WTF are you on about

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Both sides have a point BUT if you think anyone is going to buy SWFC as the moment in middle of financial uncertainty and whilst the pandemic is raging then you are deluded.

Club had next to zero income, bugger all room to play with in FFP and only a handful of players who can be sold for a fee. 

Only thing that matters short term is avoiding the disaster if relegation to league 1 and being stuck there for years under salary cap rules.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It just rattles my cage when people post stuff like 'careful what you wish for' about the club's owners and chairmen over the years trying to spread fear and doubt when in reality there's never been a single instance when Sheffield Wednesday (or any other club) hasn't managed to secure a new owner and new chairman

It's baseless nonsense designed to make fans worry so much they have to agree with the person who posted it that the only way Wednesday can exist is under the current owner/chairman - which is NOT true

In normal times would agree with you, but not normal in times look at issues Wigan administrator is having securing a buyer, depends how bad you are prepared for things to get in order to get the change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I’m not sure that’s what they were suggesting. In a response to someone saying ‘he’s gone the sooner the better’ that sooner isn’t always better. And one sooner is us wound up and in admin. Him having the ground and us having nothing. 

There’s other scenarios obviously but that’s a very real one. I’m not sure in current circumstances; relegation battle, losing a fortune, fans not allowed in that any real buyers may be put off.

Next season I’m hoping many things improve, and that makes us more salable to buyers, more attractive to players and managers etc too. 

But maybe I’m too optimistic. You’d have thought a few decades of let downs would temper my hope 🙂   

• Love 1

Just now, Philb125 said:

I’m not sure that’s what they were suggesting. In a response to someone saying ‘he’s gone the sooner the better’ that sooner isn’t always better. And one sooner is us wound up and in admin. Him having the ground and us having nothing. 

There’s other scenarios obviously but that’s a very real one. I’m not sure in current circumstances; relegation battle, losing a fortune, fans not allowed in that any real buyers may be put off.

Next season I’m hoping many things improve, and that makes us more salable to buyers, more attractive to players and managers etc too. 

But maybe I’m too optimistic. You’d have thought a few decades of let downs would temper my hope 🙂   

Well that's just great

Here I am just woke up and not had my morning coffee and you go and post something I can't get angrymad at

lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

This will probably get deleted but I'm going to post it anyway 

Chansiri is the frontman for a consortium as was first reported in the press when he took over. 

You know who and his cohort are the consortium IMO.

The Bills?

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Both sides have a point BUT if you think anyone is going to buy SWFC as the moment in middle of financial uncertainty and whilst the pandemic is raging then you are deluded.

Club had next to zero income, bugger all room to play with in FFP and only a handful of players who can be sold for a fee. 

Only thing that matters short term is avoiding the disaster if relegation to league 1 and being stuck there for years under salary cap rules.

Again I like to think Neil is being optimistic rather than deluded. But I agree it’s not really a sellers market right now with buyers greatly put off and many many clubs available due to the crisis.  

30 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Well if you think there would be lots of investors wanting to take over a club in the current financial climate and with our debts, I think you're sadly deluded.

Aye

Because it’s not like there’s half a dozen league clubs mid takeover at present is it 

Clearly deluded 

Burnley just got taken over too

Is it really sad to think to yourself that Burnley F&@*ing Burnley are a million miles better off than we are right now. 

How the football gods have punished us over the years!!