Paul Cook “ If you’re not allowed to manage, then you’re an employee and not a manager.”

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wouldn’t surprise me about Bruce though, think what’s happened since with FFP and not being able to resign the likes of Fletcher? 

No chance he’d have wanted to be part of that, wouldn’t have got a Newcastle type job ever again if he’d hung around with us getting points deductions. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You joke but the best managers at Sheffield Wednesday are the ones who big the club up, understand the fanbase and have a bit of personality about them. 

Big clubs need big characters. Firm believer in this. 

They also need a manager with big club experience do they not.

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me about Bruce though, think what’s happened since with FFP and not being able to resign the likes of Fletcher? 

No chance he’d have wanted to be part of that, wouldn’t have got a Newcastle type job ever again if he’d hung around with us getting points deductions. 

People in my opinion are incredibly naive if they thought Bruce only left for Newcastle. He would not have stayed around.  Sources close to Bruce claim he was on the phone to his agent to find him a way out pretty quickly into his Wednesday tenure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DC wants to be hands on but doesn't have the experience or competence to do so, even with his advisors.

No manager with respect for himself wants to come in and be managed in how they manage a team, we're going to struggle to find a manager until DC changes his strategy. Or the club will eventually get shafted.

I feel sorry for any manager after Carlos. They are the face of the club but are being constantly controlled behind the scenes by people who have no real direction.

This comment by Cook echoes what Cowley said in Football Focus last week. When asked if he was close to management again he said it had to be the right club and the right owners. Clearly a slight at DC there.

I’d be quite interested to see the clubs staff structure who feeds in to who and who’s responsible for what at what level 

where the advisors sit on that level ( right next to chansiri I’m guessing 

How the recruitment cycle starts progresses and finishes 

what footballing matters the head coach actually overseas 

What influence day to day role the advisors have 

there is so much to do with footballing matters 

physio

sports science 

health and diet 

Travel 

training 

Selection

youth

recruitment 

philosophy

etc....

I wonder who sets those up and overseas it

Chansiri being led by advisors  mananager, 

it’s all a little worrying how so many managers and professionals are making the wrong noises in how chansiri has structured the club 

my take is if he wants a head coach he needs a director of football and I think he’s trying to do everything himself it’s not the way he needs to stop playing toy with it and have a stronger people making key decisions because these advisors just seem like yes men to his dream and it’s not working 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Someone is upset his mate hasn't got past first interview stage lol

Seriously, given what the Boro owner accused monk of if I was a multimillionaire football club owner I wouldn't let him near pinpointing the players either.

Hardly surprising steve Bruce sources would say that, wouldn't want the snake to look bad for negotiations with NUFC behind our backs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So why did we employ Bruce or Pulis? If DC just wants a head coach why did he employ two managers who are well known for wanting to be hands on?

Personally I think he just doesn’t really know what he wants. 

He wants whatever his advisors tell him he needs because he’s clueless.

There’s no structure or forward planning. Everything he does is reactive to the results of his mismanagement.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

As Chansiri himself has said we aren’t as big a club as we think we are. In the shocking state Chansiri has turned this club in to I feel we would be lucky to have Paul Cook as manager. 

We were a big club until Chansiri took over. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

People in my opinion are incredibly naive if they thought Bruce only left for Newcastle. He would not have stayed around.  Sources close to Bruce claim he was on the phone to his agent to find him a way out pretty quickly into his Wednesday tenure. 

Yes and no. He could have walked before Newcastle came in, but he never did?

Would you be surprised if Bruce got sacked at Newcastle tomorrow and a manager at a bottom half championship club turned the Newcastle job down? I would. I think everyone single one of them would take it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Toro said:

I feel sorry for any manager after Carlos. They are the face of the club but are being constantly controlled behind the scenes by people who have no real direction.

This comment by Cook echoes what Cowley said in Football Focus last week. When asked if he was close to management again he said it had to be the right club and the right owners. Clearly a slight at DC there.

I took that as Cowley knew he wasn’t in line for the job so made a stand off comment based on the Pulis Chansiri media blow out that was ongoing at the time. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That didn’t work too well for Pulis. 

Not winning many games and playing rubbish football didn't work too well for Pulis.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You joke but the best managers at Sheffield Wednesday are the ones who big the club up, understand the fanbase and have a bit of personality about them. 

Big clubs need big characters. Firm believer in this. 

We are not a big club though, good passionate fan base but not a big club. We could have been but a certain Dave Richards ruined all that. We have been in decline ever since.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Agree, but how does that happen?

Starts with him setting a realistic fee for the club 

As opposed to making snide comments at fans who have lost total confidence in his ability to run the club

It’s not surprising but equally it’s still bizarre that he asks fans to buy him out

Easy to say from the wealthy, privileged perch he was born on 

Plenty of people out there who could do a much better job with a fraction of the money he has thrown away

• Like 4