Little things I don't like about football today

6 hours ago, domSWFC said:

It's always annoyed me, and I've never understood why players don't get booked for simulation when they are fouled. It's a yellow card for a dive, but why don't they book players for simulation when there is a foul, but they haven't been shot. If you're slightly clipped and given a freekick, but you are rolling round screaming to get a player booked, that's also simulation surely, so card them. 

Card Neymar before he even gets on the bus. 

This exact thing happened to that Arsenal midfielder. He was shown a red card instantly by the referee purely on the scream that came out of the opposite’s player. 

If I’d made that noise after that amount of contact I’d be ashamed of myself, but having just watched Tottenham v Marine it’s obvious that top level players are trained to overreact. It’s a scourge on the game. 

• Like 2

The design of the Shirt Numbers in the Championship - they all seem to be the same, - yet they're completely illegible from more than about 5 yards.  What's wrong with a straight forward bold number (as shown below) - without any daft squiggles or fancy bits

10 hours ago, ANDY said:

Keepers allowed to take a goal kick from either side.

Always used nowadays as a time wasting ploy. 

This.

It's not like you can change the side you take a corner from so I don't get why you can for a goal kick.

No idea why but it winds me up so much.

- Diving, cheating and general bad sportsmanship.

- Demanding perfection from referees, ie, human beings.  And then complaining about having VAR.

- Having 4 blokes with 12 cameras and 5 minutes at their disposal criticising a referee for "getting it wrong" in a real time decision.  

- Criticising the referee when they make the right decision (but resulting in us not getting a penalty).

- Players wages.  Even someone on £3k a week earns several times the average person in the stands.  Someone on £30k a week earns 50x the average fan in the stand.

- U23/Development squads (and subsequent transfers to that squad).  

- Football grounds named after sponsors.

- Lack of respect shown for the FA Cup (and I know why)

- The EPL; the whole thing was a grubby and greedy power grab.  

- Shirts without collars.

- Owners with no connection with their club (other than owning it).  

- Agents.

- Clubs paying the agents fees of the players.

- Ticket prices that price out the poorest.

• Like 2