Little things I don't like about football today

17 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Time wasting is a pet hate of mine. 

kicking ball away every time opposition get a free kick/throw in. 

goalkeepers taking an age taking goal kicks. 

corners/free kicks that don’t beat the 1st man. 

players surrounding referees trying to get players sent off or booked

I’m with you on the free kick thing. Once awarded the opposing players should immediately retreat 10 yards or be booked. Can’t stand this standing over/in front of the ball or kicking it away to delay the kick. 

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

I hate that all players seem to be mates, and that they’ll like each other’s social media posts after games.

You’ve got a pigs player posting how they got 3pts (I’m talking a while back here obviously), and a Wednesday player liking it 

I know the games changed loads but it’ll never sit right with me 

Guest Bulgaria

Main t.v stations feeding us all that sanctimonious crap about the romance of the cup then choosing all premiership games for their live matches.

Really really pissess me off.

8 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Feigning injuries.

Players screaming in mock pain when they throw themselves to the floor to feign their injury.

Players who fall over when they know that they are going to loose possession.

Referees who buy it EVERY TIME.

Kicking the ball out of play when a player is pretending to be injured.

Players praying to an imaginary god when the come on, score a goal, are substituted.

Players who cover their mouths when they talk to each other.
Payers who hold a water bottle six inches from their mouths , squirt a stream of water into their mouths, spit it out and repeat the process three times in a row.

Players shouting “our ball” when they have clearly kicked it into touch.

Female pundits on MOTD ( sorry girls)

BBC sports news who only report on the previous nights Premiership matches and then tell us that Peterhead played out a goalless draw Airdrie despite the fact that Wednesday, Derby , Forest,  Norwich , Middlesbrough, QPR etc have all been in action.... it’s a joke league in a foreign country ffs.

Robert Snodgrass.

All of the above

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

5 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Feigning injuries.

Players screaming in mock pain when they throw themselves to the floor to feign their injury.

Players who fall over when they know that they are going to loose possession.

Referees who buy it EVERY TIME.

Kicking the ball out of play when a player is pretending to be injured.

Players praying to an imaginary god when the come on, score a goal, are substituted.

Players who cover their mouths when they talk to each other.
Payers who hold a water bottle six inches from their mouths , squirt a stream of water into their mouths, spit it out and repeat the process three times in a row.

Players shouting “our ball” when they have clearly kicked it into touch.

Female pundits on MOTD ( sorry girls)

BBC sports news who only report on the previous nights Premiership matches and then tell us that Peterhead played out a goalless draw Airdrie despite the fact that Wednesday, Derby , Forest,  Norwich , Middlesbrough, QPR etc have all been in action.... it’s a joke league in a foreign country ffs.

Robert Snodgrass.

Another excellent list, it appears like you’ve been waiting to offload all this for some time pal 😂😂

• Haha 1

Corrupt organisations like sky, PL, EFL and BBC jumping on every bandwagon they can to tick all their boxes while hypocritically keeping the game playing through lockdowns purely because of money and greed.

All politics in any sport including taking a knee it’s sport not a political platform

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1