Little things I don't like about football today

Tackling is virtually banned

A load of stupid netting,    7 thousand seats, snipers and a moat full of Alligators incase anyone tries to zip wire from the north/south stands into the upper west 

'You can't play 442 these days' ....ok,  if that's true can that rule be scrapped- cheers 👍

'You can't have strikers who just score goals these days ' .   See above 

There's hardly any characters now-  Warnock being one of the few I can think of.  You need people who are a bit mad - Big Ron, Cloughie (nigel must be the milkmans) even Martin Allen-  remember reading a copy of his column in the Chesterfield programme,   it was great....he just basically took the p*ss out of the players . 

Below average players in the 3rd tier and below 'earning' up to £3 million over their career but rolling out the 'its a short career ' thing

Bring back Division 1 to 4 ,  infact call 'The national league ' Division 5 and below that 'Division 6 North and South ' 

Right....that's that of my chest.....back to Facebook arguing about Donald Trump n covid 

Great these lockdowns eh🙄

• Like 3

Going to add to my list not going off the pitch for treatment.  I accept that if you have suffered a broken leg or a head injury then dragging you off may not be advisable, but for minor knocks etc. I hate it more when a player gets injured and finds himself off the pitch so drags himself back on before collapsing

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

When commentators say ‘he’s won that free kick/penalty’. 

Fouls should always be given when a player goes out of his way to clearly bring down someone in the box. Strikers shouldn’t, in my opinion, go looking for a penalty.

Also when defenders are now having to stand like liam gallagher to avoid giving away a handball in the box. 

players rolling over more than twice like their in the gymnastics. 

The list could go on. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Time wasting is a pet hate of mine. 

kicking ball away every time opposition get a free kick/throw in. 

goalkeepers taking an age taking goal kicks. 

corners/free kicks that don’t beat the 1st man. 

players surrounding referees trying to get players sent off or booked

• Like 3

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

Everything tbh. Football died in 2006 once Italy won the World Cup and Fabio Cannavaro won the ballon d’Or. That was the final reminder of the old great game that has now become a social media influenced vomit induced reality tv show.

Technique and ability have been replaced with pace and tantrums. Most games are atrocious to watch and all the world class players have been replaced by greedy mercenaries from Africa and South America.

Defenders look like wingers and can’t tackle or read the game. Nobody can beat a man with a trick it’s just knock it past him and run.

On top of that every single premiership player and manager has become so far removed from reality they belong on Jupiter.

I hope the bubble bursts ASAP and I can go back to watching Roy Keane and Del Piero instead of Pogba and Lingard.

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Fouls should always be given when a player goes out of his way to clearly bring down someone in the box. Strikers shouldn’t, in my opinion, go looking for a penalty.

Also when defenders are now having to stand like liam gallagher to avoid giving away a handball in the box. 

The list could go on. 

And when commentators say just about, as in “just about made the tackle” when in fact he has . . Well, made the tackle!

FFP 

Sky

The backslapping twatery of most of the pundits and the horrible nicknames such as Clem.

Football fans who STILL insist that you need a British manager who understands the league or even worse, those that want ex players as manager, because they're the only one's who could ever have any paaassshuun. F off.

Players waving imaginary cards trying to get opposition booked

Diving and general rolling around pretending to be hurt 

Players wearing gloves. If they are cold then run around a bit more!!

Not being able to have a beer whilst I’m sat watching the match while it’s fine at every other sport

Last one is a bit harsh but when the crowd starts clapping on a given minute because someone has died. Should be reserved for first game of new year to celebrate everyone who died the previous year. That includes kings of Thailand!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Professional footballers who train every day & practice dead ball situations but can’t take a corner kick without hitting the first defender.

Having a free kick or throw in well into the opponent’s half then pass it about sideways or backwards for a half a minute before passing it back to the goalkeeper. Get it in the box FFS.

Obvious pushing & pulling in the penalty box by both sides that very rarely gets punished.

Since goal kicks no longer have to go outside the penalty area teams that insist on playing it in & around their own area until they ultimately make a poor pass forward & put themselves under pressure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depressingly enough I agree with everything said in here so far!

I know it’s just an age thing because I’ve got two teenage boys and as they have never known any different they don’t see any of it as a problem. 

Whenever I moan they just roll their eyes and point out that it’s not 1985 any more. To them the year 2000 is ancient history!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

The list could go on. 

actually I’ve thought of some more lol 

Those sports drinks they have at press conferences. 

Over analysis of games 

Managers feeling they can’t fully voice their opinions on things and then getting fined if they do so. 

The ‘big six’... Just feck off and create this breakaway European super league. Teams like Man City playing their reserves in cup competitions. All they are bothered about is money from the champions league rather than the glory of winning other competitions.

• Like 2

Going to add the “professional” foul to my list. Fouls are mistimed tackles or “over enthusiastic” force. A deliberate foul to prevent a breakaway, stop a goal or hurt an opponent is cheating and needs a straight red to stamp it out. Bring back sportsmanship.

• Like 2

Little things? I could go on all day about how rubbish footbal is now.

If honest ive lost all interest in football. Unfortunately i love wednesday, so will follow them regardless, but dont watch it at all now.

The CHEATING by so called professional fit athletes is embarassing. Utterly embarassing how they fall over at the slightest touch and pretend they are injured...utterly pathetic. They do it to con the reveree.... i.e. they CHEAT

dont even get me started on VAR !!!!!

Football is sterilised and will get worse and worse

• Like 5
  • Love 1