Little things I don't like about football today

10 minutes ago, ffs owl said:

assists , where did that come from

I suspect fantasy football might be to blame for that.

Someone mentioned twatty pundit nicknames earlier - for some reason, the 5-Live being introduced as "Statman Dave," as if that's  the name on his birth cert really boils my ********.

Actually, calling it 5-Live rather than Radio 5 like it should be.

The incessant cross-promotion of other shows on the same network - the BBC's constant plugging of other shows and podcasts is getting as annoying as TalkSport - and I hate TalkSport. 

But most of all, ignorant pundits going "he just needs a bit of quality there" AS IF THAT ******** MEANS ANYTHING. Once I'm the director of Ofcom, all pundits are going have have their plumsacks* wired to electrodes that go off as soon as the phrase "a bit of quality " passes their self-satisfied lips. This will have the dual effect of eradicating that phrase from punditry and also eventually neutering Robbie Savage. 

*TBF, I've never heard a female pundit use it yet.

Crap female pundits - there are some really good lasses out there and the rubbish ones let the Neanderthals go "see, women can't do commentary ".

Robbie Savage. 

Finally, undisclosed transfer fees. Should be mandatory for all transfer fees and player contract details to be in the public domain,  like the NFL.

And... breathe.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, horny owl said:

All politics in any sport including taking a knee it’s sport not a political platform

And conversely, people going 'keep sport out of politics' annoys the hell out of me.

• Thanks 1

VAR

Especially VAR used in some games but not others in the same round of the same competition.

It's like playing different rules!

4th officials

4th officials especially when fouls are committed under their nose but they don't tell the ref.

Extra time not shown in the stadium so you have to time it yourself.

Squad numbers.

Not going off the field for treatment.

Stopping the game when someone has cramp.

And so on and so forth....

6 minutes ago, Caicos Owl said:

Easy way to stop the rolling around feigning injury - let the game carry on with the physio being allowed on the pitch. They would soon get back off their arris

I like this, it could work

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

What annoys me about football? Not sure which annoys me more; Fans who continually moan about the game changing and that "it's not like it used to be" or knowing that 10 years down the line I'll probably be one of them...

Edited by Minton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Diving. Easily the worst part of the sport. 

Salaries can be justified because of just how much money is in the game, as unsavoury as it all feels. 

But diving, play acting, screaming at being touched softly on the shins (how horrifying) or whatever you want to call it boils my blood. I’d set up a retrospective panel for post game analysis and have anyone who over reacted for anything banned for the rest of the season. And I’d execute their family in front of them. There. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3