Little things I don't like about football today

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

What annoys me about football? Not sure which annoys me more; Fans who continually moan about the game changing and that "it's not like it used to be" or knowing that 10 years down the line I'll probably be one of them...

I’m sure I also had this thought 10 years ago lol

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

It's always annoyed me, and I've never understood why players don't get booked for simulation when they are fouled. It's a yellow card for a dive, but why don't they book players for simulation when there is a foul, but they haven't been shot. If you're slightly clipped and given a freekick, but you are rolling round screaming to get a player booked, that's also simulation surely, so card them. 

Card Neymar before he even gets on the bus. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Pony tails, Alice bands, hair products, Louie Vitton toilet bags

Players with no individuality, all with the same habits, likes and behaviours.

How its always ends up with the team bully taking the free kicks on the edge of the box rather than the kid who is actually any good with free kicks.

Crap refs with stars in their eyes pandering to footballers rather than actually laying the law with them and taking control of the game.

• Like 2

The constant gambling adverts is another one. It’s a massive problem in and out of football. 

The FA or whoever really should be stepping in and doing something about it because it’s becoming a real issue. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

I miss the players all getting along and not having a good old fashioned scrap

The main reason I played Sunday League football was to release the vent up frustration from the previous week’s work by kicking people all over the pitch and getting kicked, having the odd fracas, then ending up shaking hands and going for a pint with the opposition afterwards.

Does this still go on or is it just 90 mins rolling about in dog crap, feigning an injury?

• Like 1

The need for a new shirt, with a new collar, every few minutes, that doesn’t look substantially different from the last one, is cheap, nasty, and doesn’t last more than four weeks in the wash, and costs £50 or whatever they think they can get away with.

The ever increasing marginalising of the actual supporter without whom there is no future for football.

• Like 1

As working class lads and lasses, we’ve basically had football taken awY from us by middle class twits and businessmen with abstract marketing ideas that nobody gives a shiny sheeite about.

Dion Dublin agreeing on long sleeved vests under short sleeved shirts, just wear a long sleeve shirt FFS. Well he dint say FFS on telly obviously 

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Womens Football.....its simply rubbish.

Gets tin hat and goes to spend the next ten years in a nuclear fallout shelter.

Until the swapping of shirts at the end obviously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Striggy said:

I'm getting on a bit now and although I probably look at my long experience of watching football through tinted specs and a failing memory (many things were actually rubbish back in the day) lots of little things really annoy me about the game today.  I'm not going to moan about the big things, high ticket prices and obscene footballer salaries, its the little more trivial things.  I will start with a few of mine, some of which have already been mentioned and discussed in other threads but thought we could round 'em all up here.

• Subs not been ready prepared to come on, in the old days, whip your tracksuit top off and your ready to go
  • Long sleeve under garments under short sleeved tops
  • Coloured football boots
  • Not wearing your first strip away when no colour clash

They are not really important in the great scheme of things, just don't like 'em.  What are yours?

Cheating, Diving, gathering around the ref to get some one booked or sent off, celebrating either like a goal, VAR.

• Like 1

Players mobbing the goalscorer. A gentlemanly handshake is more than enough.

Elaborate goal celebrations.

Coloured boots.

Unsportsmanlike conduct. (Includes diving and pretending you've been headbutted/punched)

Shithousery generally, unless it's us.

Bad referees

This craze of buying outrageously priced replica kit for adults (particularly ones with a beer gut.) Kit for kids is fine.

Sky TV

Tattoo sleeves

Players with stupid hairstyles

That heart thing players do with their hands and kissing the badge. They'd do it all for another club that paid them a fiver a year more. 

Players wages in the Premiership.

Football agents and 'advisors'.

First team coaches, bring back proper managers.

Stop Press.  Sexually assaulting a fellow player to try to get him sent off.

4 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Feigning injuries.

Players screaming in mock pain when they throw themselves to the floor to feign their injury.

Players who fall over when they know that they are going to loose possession.

Referees who buy it EVERY TIME.

Kicking the ball out of play when a player is pretending to be injured.

Players praying to an imaginary god when the come on, score a goal, are substituted.

Players who cover their mouths when they talk to each other.
Payers who hold a water bottle six inches from their mouths , squirt a stream of water into their mouths, spit it out and repeat the process three times in a row.

Players shouting “our ball” when they have clearly kicked it into touch.

Female pundits on MOTD ( sorry girls)

BBC sports news who only report on the previous nights Premiership matches and then tell us that Peterhead played out a goalless draw Airdrie despite the fact that Wednesday, Derby , Forest,  Norwich , Middlesbrough, QPR etc have all been in action.... it’s a joke league in a foreign country ffs.

Robert Snodgrass.

Why?

Life just in general isnt as good as in past , now there are so many rules and im not even talking about present situation. Id go back 20 years and live then to be honest. Even sag didnt excist then 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Striggy said:

I'm getting on a bit now and although I probably look at my long experience of watching football through tinted specs and a failing memory (many things were actually rubbish back in the day) lots of little things really annoy me about the game today.  I'm not going to moan about the big things, high ticket prices and obscene footballer salaries, its the little more trivial things.  I will start with a few of mine, some of which have already been mentioned and discussed in other threads but thought we could round 'em all up here.

• Subs not been ready prepared to come on, in the old days, whip your tracksuit top off and your ready to go
  • Long sleeve under garments under short sleeved tops
  • Coloured football boots
  • Not wearing your first strip away when no colour clash

They are not really important in the great scheme of things, just don't like 'em.  What are yours?

Little things I dont like about football nowadays = 5 foot 10 inch Asians with lots of money

• Haha 1