The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

I think you it is still Chansiri. Something would've come out by now if it wasn't, and has shown efforts to try and change, like the supporter group meetings and his relegation statement. He probably realises that he has to start doing better if he is going to make back (or make) any money on this football club, and that is by doing the right steps to get us to at least Championship level.

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Then who is you tease?

There certainly seems to be a sea change taking place at the club. Has Chansiri seen the error of his ways, or is there a new man pulling the strings?

Only at S6!

I'm just going on the apparant payment of wages by someone other than DC. Tie that in with all of the changes in the way we are being run as a club and how we have gone about our recruitment. It's all very un DC. Like you say, only at S6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

I'm just going on the apparant payment of wages by someone other than DC. Tie that in with all of the changes in the way we are being run as a club and how we have gone about our recruitment. It's all very un DC. Like you say, only at S6.

Who is it "apparent" to ?

2 hours ago, jp1981 said:

I’ve been thinking along the same lines. Another point in this direction would be if we start the season without Chansiri/Elev8 as shirt sponsors on the H/A kits?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

We got an assistant manager in yet?

Yes, Jamie Smith. He's been here since March.

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Would cost around 500k - well out of our league unfortunately.

I know, shame isn't it! Out of contract at end of season, so going for cheap.

I bet they'd consider taking Callum Paterson in exchange though. Guess we could pay his wages for the remainder of the season or something to get around it.

3 hours ago, jp1981 said:

3 hours ago, jp1981 said:

The year we signed FF, Hooper etc we were seen as being ran correctly then. We are doing the same now, signing players with a point to prove.

Somewhere in the middle things got out of control, looks like chairman has reverted back to the model from the first season and given the manager more control and less control to 'advisers'. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Ipswich battling with several championship clubs to get Lawrence Shankland from Dundee. He would score plenty of goals in League 1 that lad.

I’ve not seen him play. What makes you sure he’d score in League One? Hasn’t he only really scored goals in the Scottish Championship and Scottish League One? They’ve got to be a very low level surely. 

Waiting on updates from a good source regarding Lee Marvin. Maybe we will hear something soon. Or an annoncement or two or maybe something heading that way. I think if we never had Marriot we might be calling for him now if he was available. This is the danger with players coming in. At least Gregory is more tried and tested. I know that doesn't always come through but it's a good tick box to have. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Miruic said:

I’ve not seen him play. What makes you sure he’d score in League One? Hasn’t he only really scored goals in the Scottish Championship and Scottish League One? They’ve got to be a very low level surely. 

Been highly rated for a few seasons now, and there was talk of him going for big money last season....just surprised to see him potentially going for 500k now! Only 25 as well.

But yeah, you're right mate, mostly Scottish Championship goals, but 40 goals in 74 games is fairly decent, and we won't get him anyway!

19 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

Waiting on updates from a good source regarding Lee Marvin. Maybe we will hear something soon. Or an annoncement or two or maybe something heading that way. I think if we never had Marriot we might be calling for him now if he was available. This is the danger with players coming in. At least Gregory is more tried and tested. I know that doesn't always come through but it's a good tick box to have. 

Are you high? 

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

I heard we was signing his brother Hank.

46 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

We need a star who can run though, not just wander.

• Haha 3