The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with our business this window and the signings still to come. I was expecting unknowns from the championships reserve teams with some kids chucked in. A big rap to DM and DC, Credit where credits due.

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

If we’re using Paterson & Windass centrally in a 3, with Adeoyin & Hagan as back up, it would make sense to overload on wingers.

These two would give us Sims, Johnson, Shodipo & Green for 2 positions. 

Yeah think there's room for two wingers to come in. We're doing it sensibly, Sims for the right hand side, Johnson for the left.

Sounds like Hagan will be going out on loan too so that's one less to think about.

Absolutely fine with this Johnson , means we have 4 wide players if sims joins too , got to remember it’s a long Season , we will be playing with 2 wide players each game . 2 for each position and when Windass comes back he’s likely to play up front in my view , I am starting to think we may just get one striker in , have Paterson and one other then wait for windass to come back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Absolutely fine with this Johnson , means we have 4 wide players if sims joins too , got to remember it’s a long Season , we will be playing with 2 wide players each game . 2 for each position and when Windass comes back he’s likely to play up front in my view , I am starting to think we may just get one striker in , have Paterson and one other then wait for windass to come back 

Think you're right and don't think that's all that bad.  

3 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

plenty of wide options but we need a big centre forward to head in all the crosses

I feel DM might just possibly be on with that. Seeing as it's the hardest recruit to make it will always go down to the wire , Think we might be surprised. 

4 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I'm thinking one striker aswel. We also have Adedoyin too who hasn't looked out of place in pre season. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d take Connor Wickham at this rate with all the wingers we’re signing

Can't take that risk IMO.

Played 3 games last season, out injured most of season and either on bench or not in squad for rest.

We need a striker who's going play games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I would 

Just be a lot of games for him to be the sole striker, wonder if we look at Sinclair?

Sinclair is/was a client of colossal sports management, same as Uwakwe and Marvin Johnson

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I know we have previous of signing injured players but is Wickham even fit 

I’ve literally heard of no interest for him from anywhere 

cam see him potentially joining mid season a bit like green did last season on a 6 month to 18 month deal when he can’t get a club 

personally I wouldn’t be against that 

unfortunately I just don’t ever see him being able to string a run of games together or ever getting to match fitness