The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

You’d like to think we are a very attractive club to Amy potential centre forwards coming in 

especially if we sign Simms and byres 

Were a team going to be playing on the front foot and being creative battling it out at the right end of the division 

you’d like to think any striker who backs himself would like to play in a team with bannan, wing, shodipo, Simms, Byres, hunt, green, windass, brown with the creativity they and chances they are going to create 

I honestly think Patterson will score 15 plus in this team 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2021 at 09:16, Philb125 said:

I think Green will get better and better the more he plays. He’s been out for a long time, but prior to the injury he was thought of in very high regard. Had pace and trickery. 

IMO he could be a star in this league. 

Could be and let’s hope so my gut feeling is shodipo will outshine him and make look underwhelming 

20 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Or was he just coasting and taking the cash for little effort I wonder?....

He was just cr@p. He didn’t have a clue on how to use the players he brought in. Look at Marriott, he already at that type of striker in Rhodes and never really played to his strengths. For instance had Izzy Brown had arrived here now things would probably be different as the passing attacking style and formation would arguably suit him instead we got eye bleeding negative sh!te from Monk the Magnificent 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

You’d like to think we are a very attractive club to Amy potential centre forwards coming in 

especially if we sign Simms and byres 

Were a team going to be playing on the front foot and being creative battling it out at the right end of the division 

you’d like to think any striker who backs himself would like to play in a team with bannan, wing, shodipo, Simms, Byres, hunt, green, windass, brown with the creativity they and chances they are going to create 

Agree with you about Paterson with them lot providing the bullets, he managed 8 last season in a crap team playing crap football. I reckon Windass should fancy himself to get double figures when he’s back as well.

Adedoyin hasn’t been mentioned much but he’s 21 this year and has featured quite a bit in pre season. His scoring record at youth level for Everton was decent so maybe this could be his breakthrough season as a pro. 

I’m starting to think maybe we only need one top quality striker instead of two alright ones - until January anyway. If we’re playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 then do we really need 4/5 strikers battling it out for one position? I know Windass can play in the 3 attacking midfield positions but we also look quite well stocked there if Sims signs. 

Really starting to look forward to next season now… bloody pre season optimism gets me every time and I never learn!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'll be really pleased if we can bag Simms. 

We all know we need a striker, but we've also lacked paced and guile in the positions either side of the striker or on the wings for years. 

It's another position I'm happy to box off now and feel happy with across the full season. There's a bit of depth there with some real pace and directness to come off the bench. If we can get a recognised striker to really provide that tip of the spear focal point, I think we're starting to cook a bit.

4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Agree with you about Paterson with them lot providing the bullets, he managed 8 last season in a crap team playing crap football. I reckon Windass should fancy himself to get double figures when he’s back as well.

Adedoyin hasn’t been mentioned much but he’s 21 this year and has featured quite a bit in pre season. His scoring record at youth level for Everton was decent so maybe this could be his breakthrough season as a pro. 

I’m starting to think maybe we only need one top quality striker instead of two alright ones - until January anyway. If we’re playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 then do we really need 4/5 strikers battling it out for one position? I know Windass can play in the 3 attacking midfield positions but we also look quite well stocked there if Sims signs. 

Really starting to look forward to next season now… bloody pre season optimism gets me every time and I never learn!

100% one really good centre forward and we’re just about complete 

I’m basing that on us signing sims add another left sided centre back / left back for squad depth but if we had somebody like Fletcher in this team I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t walk the league 

The position is ready for someone to make it their own and have a really good season 

I’ve a good feeling we’re going to end up with a quality centre forward for the icing on the cake 

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I’m basing that on us signing sims add another left sided centre back / left back for squad depth but if we had somebody like Fletcher in this team I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t walk the league 

The position is ready for someone to make it their own and have a really good season 

I’ve a good feeling we’re going to end up with a quality centre forward for the icing on the cake 

In Darren we trust......

18 minutes ago, Jim said:

He was just cr@p. He didn’t have a clue on how to use the players he brought in. Look at Marriott, he already at that type of striker in Rhodes and never really played to his strengths. For instance had Izzy Brown had arrived here now things would probably be different as the passing attacking style and formation would arguably suit him instead we got eye bleeding negative sh!te from Monk the Magnificent 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Not keen then?..... join the club

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Surely we need a few outgoings especially in the number 10 slot and up font if we are to bring in an actual striker or two? but other than that it is shaping up very nicely.

Simage.png.54842cc5af2cf438765a99a4009d8d94.png

Haven't we been playing 4-3-3 in pre season?

Wing Or Bannan??

Maybe Shodipo and Simms would both start also, not either or.

Shaping up to be a competitive squad though.

Edited by Brad_owl
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Surely we need a few outgoings especially in the number 10 slot and up font if we are to bring in an actual striker or two? but other than that it is shaping up very nicely.

Simage.png.54842cc5af2cf438765a99a4009d8d94.png

I'm not sure Bannan, Hunt OR FDB can play in that position behind the strikers.

It's Wing or Byers for that role, I would have thought.

Bannan clearly sees himself as a deep-lying playmaker; it's the position he always seems to drift into anyway, and is something we could actually make use of if we have some pace in the attacking positions.

52 minutes ago, fpowl said:

If he applys himself like last season he’ll be decent enough, he scored 8 in 43 in the championship you would think lge1 he’s get over 10 depends on him Though

15 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I'm not sure Bannan, Hunt OR FDB can play in that position behind the strikers.

It's Wing or Byers for that role, I would have thought.

Bannan clearly sees himself as a deep-lying playmaker; it's the position he always seems to drift into anyway, and is something we could actually make use of if we have some pace in the attacking positions.

Personally I don’t want Bannan anywhere near our back four. He lacks defensive discipline and gets drawn to the ball like a moth to a flame. Leaving huge gaps for his colleagues to cover and usually they bare the brunt of having to do his work. I’m not sure he’s capable of playing in the 10 role, but I’d rather him there with two behind him. 

FDB seems to be playing in more advanced positions in preseason so I’m not sure his best role.

I’m hoping Hunt goes out on loan if Bannan isn’t sold. 

Plenty of options though which is great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Based on the quality of players we've signed so far, I also have a feeling we'll end up with at least 1 decent centre forward but as we know, its not easy and everyone wants one.