The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Still short of two centre forwards and have been for over a year. Reserve judgement on this window when we manage to fill these two places.

I’m just glad we can get 11 out. Only a few weeks ago the experts on here were decrying the fact DC was buying no players, on the advice of his 11 year old son. Funny old game.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Maybe he is a good manager, maybe we would have thrown away 12 wins if it wasn't for him?

Maybe he is and I hope your right but looking at his results in previous jobs I think some people maybe getting a little prematurely carried away.

Maybe I've just been a Wednesdayite too long and my glass is always half empty. As they say its the hope that kills you.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

IF he remained fit, he would get 25/30 goals at this level.

The problem is, the if should be written in such big font it would be obnoxious to type it out. A quality player whoe body sadly just seems unable to do what it needs to do. A crying shame, because there would be a certain romance to him coming back here, getting 35 games and 30 goals under his belt and firing us back up.

In all honesty I think he should drop down to non-league level and just have fun, ala Maddison and Marshall. Just let him jog around and do his thing without training five days a week a professionally-intense games breaking him every 3 games.

If only we could get the young Wickham. He was amazing when we had him early on. Different gravy.

I'm trusting DM to pull something special out of the hat.

8 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

So, we are looking at starting the season with no recognised/proven centre forwards and we don’t need two? Previously filled these two slots with Players playing out of position and it failed. 

I don’t disagree mate, minimum two. But….I do think DM is going to play differently to what we have seen over the last two years, relying on a ‘big man’ to hold up play. A lot more interchanging and mobility…hopefully.

1 hour ago, sacré bleu said:

Maybe he is and I hope your right but looking at his results in previous jobs I think some people maybe getting a little prematurely carried away.

Maybe I've just been a Wednesdayite too long and my glass is always half empty. As they say its the hope that kills you.

Agreed. DM could not get much out of what could be argued as better players last term. 

• Like 1

If something said to me your front two for the entire season is going to be Paterson and Windass. I would say perfect.

Even if we sign some new strikers, which we will. I don't think they will be of the quality to displace these two anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If something said to me your front two for the entire season is going to be Paterson and Windass. I would say perfect.

Even if we sign some new strikers, which we will. I don't think they will be of the quality to displace these two anyway.

Trouble is Windass is already out for the start of the season and beyond, so we need at least one other decent striker and possibly two. No way can you expect Paterson and Windass to be available for forty odd matches as a pair.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Trouble is Windass is already out for the start of the season and beyond, so we need at least one other decent striker and possibly two. No way can you expect Paterson and Windass to be available for forty odd matches as a pair.

Of course not. Which is why I said we will definitely sign some. But just don't be expecting a Peterborough striker who will bang in 25 goals and be worth 10m next season. both windass and Paterson will be the better players 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Get the feeling Star and Examiner may have jumped the gun a bit on these signings..

You probably know more than most but with Swansea lad they getting new manager and who’s to say he pulled plug?  As for others who knows ?

4 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

You probably know more than most but with Swansea lad they getting new manager and who’s to say he pulled plug?  As for others who knows ?

I just thought we would have heard something on at least one by now. 

Hopefully tomorrow brings some signings in. 

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I just thought we would have heard something on at least one by now. 

Hopefully tomorrow brings some signings in. 

I really do think it’s all about the social media now way they announce the signings.  If it’s the 3 of them Sims, Byers and Johnson they will drop them throughout the day tomorrow.