The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Sims would be an excellent addition.

Has also had his injury issues and didn’t score too many goals at Doncaster. But I’m sure he tallied up a decent amount of assists in the games he played for them. 

Darren Moore’s League 1 recruitment has far exceeded my expectations. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Another good signing if it happens, but not a striker. 

Lots of options in midfield and out wide supporting where a centre forward should be, but nobody to play that pivotal position and be on the end of crosses etc to put the ball in the net.

Hopefully, we're building up to a striker being our cherry on the cake?

Edited by striker

7 minutes ago, Triple O said:

If we didn't know different, this season's recruitment would be great for a championship campaign.

And it appears more to come. Cheered me up no end!!!

Agree, and notwithstanding we still need a striker, a much better balance about the squad and almost like we are working towards a plan. We've brought in players (mostly) to cover gaps in the squad, most at good ages, while keeping some experience in the squad and all to a tight budget. Contrast that to the car crash of last season's recruitment (and the one before), it's like we're a different club.

Just shows what happens when we let the manager have control of recruitment and football matters. For all I've criticised Chansiri (and rightly so), whether by accident or design, he did well to recruit Moore and importantly also delegate some responsibility, after 6 years of chaos we are potentially now being run like a professional football club.

• Like 2

If we are going 4-3-3, then I suppose the idea will be for the wide forwards to chip in with a decent amount of goals. Just need someone down the middle to chip in too, hold the ball up etc.

21 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Now just some strikers to get on the end of all this creativity we will have. 

We've been short of goals from Midfield for a long time, we can't just rely on strikers  other have to do their bit. 

We do need at least one or two additions up front though. 

24 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, and notwithstanding we still need a striker, a much better balance about the squad and almost like we are working towards a plan. We've brought in players (mostly) to cover gaps in the squad, most at good ages, while keeping some experience in the squad and all to a tight budget. Contrast that to the car crash of last season's recruitment (and the one before), it's like we're a different club.

Just shows what happens when we let the manager have control of recruitment and football matters. For all I've criticised Chansiri (and rightly so), whether by accident or design, he did well to recruit Moore and importantly also delegate some responsibility, after 6 years of chaos we are potentially now being run like a professional football club.

You need to have a decent manager. The car crash last season was unsurprisingly on Monk’s watch and before people start banging on about the points deduction, hands tied behind his back, etc. Look at what Moore’s done with club’s reputation worse 12 months on and a division lower. Monk was jus a sh!te Manager.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

You need to have a decent manager. The car crash last season was unsurprisingly on Monk’s watch and before people start banging on about the points deduction, hands tied behind his back, etc. Look at what Moore’s done with club’s reputation worse 12 months on and a division lower. Monk was jus a sh!te Manager.

Absolutely, puts it in perspective. Last season was just a mess from start to finish, compounded by keeping Monk, then appointing Pulis.

I'm actually looking forward to this season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Or was he just coasting and taking the cash for little effort I wonder?....