Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

48 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

What ever way it happened jsut think about this 

Pulis got paid 2 million for 10 games 

200k per game 

Watching pulis football has cost Dc 200k agame 

Season tickets are looking a bargain now 

Where have you got this figure from ?

2 million quid for 40 days in the job with no pay off seems a lot.

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Its all the stuff around it though.

You can’t moan you’re struggling with cash then pay off a manager, in what’s likely to be 6 figures, because you can’t handle the situation.

He sacked Pulis Monday night because he was worried he was going to knock on Tuesday and miss the game. He missed the game anyway and it cost us money we apparently don’t have.

Any claims about the situation spilling out and causing us negative press, or the statement Pulis wanted putting out for a mutual agreement making us look bad, is completely irrelevant after yesterday. Chansiri has basically said ‘If anyone is going to make me look bad, it’s me’ then done a 3hr press conference days later doing just that. 

If you’re sacking Pulis and taking the financial hit to keep the clubs reputation clean, do that. Don’t sack him then days later do what he was threatening to do himself. He’s got paid off and the statement he wanted to release has basically been acted out by Chansiri in public anyway.

It’s absolutely bizarre. 

Pulis tried to engineer his exit, Nixon reported that. Players expecting it.

Presents offer to chansiri (we don’t know it’s contents), chansiri didn’t find it acceptable, Pulis said wanted it accepting by end of day, chansiri didn’t find it acceptable, then he ends up sacked after a half assed session. 

There’s definitely more to it than ‘I’ll just walk for free’

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Hard to believe but DC has proved time and time again that he has the ability to make ridiculous decisions 

Well, yes there is that....

What do you think his most ridiculous decision has ever been?

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wonder how all this has affected Chansiri's confidence in employing the next guy?

It must surely have impacted getting skanked by the Pulisaurus Rex

It's a good point. Hopefully one positive may be a greater focus on style of play, i.e being more attacking. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wonder how all this has affected Chansiri's confidence in employing the next guy?

It must surely have impacted getting skanked by the Pulisaurus Rex

Ahh well, this is where his advisors come in.  They do all the recommendations and are trusted implicitly by DC who in turn won't/doesn't have a bad word to say about them......................Working well init!!

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Pulis tried to engineer his exit, Nixon reported that. Players expecting it.

Presents offer to chansiri (we don’t know it’s contents), chansiri didn’t find it acceptable, Pulis said wanted it accepting by end of day, chansiri didn’t find it acceptable, then he ends up sacked after a half assed session. 

There’s definitely more to it than ‘I’ll just walk for free’

That’s not the point I’m making though.

Im saying whatever Pulis offered as a statement for him to leave mutually surely can’t be much worse than the circus we saw yesterday. It’s not good paying money to safe face, then wasting it all a few days later in a press conference. 

In addition to all this Chansiri also hasn’t confirmed timings of when things were said or agreed, which I think is important here. Especially when players made noises about contract renewals arriving days before their contracts were up in the summer. It doesn’t suggest he moves in a swift manner. But we knew that anyway.

If he’s dragged the situation out for a week it’d be no surprise that Pulis has given an ultimatum. Anyone else effectively resigning from their job would do the same. 

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

The immediate reaction from the majority of fans was that DC didn’t like TP’s home truths.

This adds a lot of context to why he said what he did yesterday.

The biggest question for me is this 

What incident made Pulis decide to never talk to the Chairman?

He came to the club and then at some point just choose to stop speaking to his boss

Why?

Why would anyone do that?

Makes no sense to me that

There has to have been an incident or catalyst to that 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

nobody knows for for sure what’s happened and how apart from Chansiri and Pulis. But this thread is taking a local news article that comes from Chansiri and takes it as gospel (by some).  

Then it is strictly down to which article you believe. I believe there is no way Pulis said “I’ll just pop off for nowt Dejphon all the best”, where as you believe Chansiri said “hold on a minute fella not on my watch, here have all this season ticket refund money and have yourself a happy new year”. Simples.

• Like 1

Steaming pile of BS. Like he would have come out and said “yes, I downed tools in training, refused to manage the club and took a hefty pay off”. It’s PR management at its finest, hence why he didn’t comment straight away to get his BS story together 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

That’s not the point I’m making though.

Im saying whatever Pulis offered as a statement for him to leave mutually surely can’t be much worse than the circus we saw yesterday. It’s not good paying money to safe face, then wasting it all a few days later in a press conference. 

In addition to all this Chansiri also hasn’t confirmed timings of when things were said or agreed, which I think is important here. Especially when players made noises about contract renewals arriving days before their contracts were up in the summer. It doesn’t suggest he moves in a swift manner. But we knew that anyway.

If he’s dragged the situation out for a week it’d be no surprise that Pulis has given an ultimatum. Anyone else effectively resigning from their job would do the same. 

Chansiri also mentioned the severance package offered by Pulis didn’t include anything to do with his staff. We don’t know what’s written in the contract there with regards to them. It could be if Pulis is sacked there’s less payoff for the staff, whereas if he walked we might be liable to pay up their full contracts. 

He may very well have paid more to sack him than what a mutual agreement would have done, that’s probably true, but I imagine it’s a lot more complexed than that. 

Not trying to defend the car crash that was that media briefing yesterday either, I wish none of it had been aired in the public domain tbh.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

This 100%.

Chansiri sees everything that goes wrong at the club as a slight on him personally and then he must defend his honour.

The trouble is in his attempts to defend himself and his actions through these statements/briefings to the media he always blunders his way through, leaving more questions than answers.

This leads to even more derision for him and the club. It may be a cultural thing but the way he operates doesn't do him any favours.

Chansiri’s approach yesterday should have been to answer every question by looking to the future and the direction the club is going in, trying to put a positive spin on things whilst acknowledging matters aren’t perfect etc.  However, to do this you do need some sort of business plan.  

Leaders and managers can be open and transparent without spilling their guts and airing dirty laundry in public.  It would have been perfectly reasonable for DC to say a bit on a topic and say that is as much as I am prepared to say about this subject and move on.   Instead he elects to press the nuclear button.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The biggest question for me is this 

What incident made Pulis decide to never talk to the Chairman?

He came to the club and then at some point just choose to stop speaking to his boss

Why?

Why would anyone do that?

Makes no sense to me that

There has to have been an incident or catalyst to that 

God only knows what things are like behind the scenes.

Everytime we see the public DC it's a batshit crazy carcrash. Imagine what he's like when there is nothing requiring him to be restrained.

The mind boggles.