Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

I found this press conference a little baffling.

Regardless of who is in the right of wrong here, to call pulis out like he has publicly for me is really poor.

I'm sure anyone half interested in this job will now have second thoughts.

Fair enough he accepts he got the appointment wrong but to simply lay all the blame on a man who hasnt had any chance to reply ( probably for fear of contractual and legal issues) for me just isnt right.

I'm sure chansiri is doing his best and doing what he feels is right but for a man with his wealth and a businessman at that i really do wonder how on earth he got to where he is. He appears a total maverick.

Our club is a total mess. Sad sad times and we can only hope things get better.

Happy new year my fellow owls. We all need to remember this is the club we love and will continue to love no matter how bad things are - its within us and deep down never leaves. Once an owl always an owl.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, megsonstheman said:

And pigs can fly!

Pulis is understood to have been surprised, disappointed and hurt by the comments made by Chansiri.

Sky Sports News were told that Pulis wanted to leave the club with dignity and respect. However, he feels that became impossible to achieve.

Pulis offered to leave Wednesday on mutually agreed terms, which would have seen him leave without a payoff, but the club would not accept that and chose instead to sack him.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri spent an hour yesterday telling us how hard up he was, how there was no money coming in, how he is struggling to pay players on time, struggling to pay season ticket refunds in a timely manner, saying he's desperate for help financially from the Government and the EFL etc etc

An hour he spent yesterday telling us that

And then needlessly just smashed a massive payoff into the back pocket of a manager that HE appointed for just 45 days

Tell me (and those waiting for refunds) how that makes sense

Don’t believe everything you read in the press. Chansiri said yesterday Pulis was very good at manipulating the media to put him in a positive light. DC is well off the wall at times but I doubt even he would waive someone leaving for nothing and insist he goes with a payoff just so he can say he sacked him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But you chose to believe something you read in the press?

lol

Yeah I did but just because it suits a narrative I want to push/believe...just like you did. :rolleyes:

Edited by swfc1983
  • Love 1

Just now, swfc1983 said:

Yeah I did but just because I suits a narrative I want to push believe...just like you did. :rolleyes:

This whole thread is based on not knowing fact but pushing opinion as fact.

few people  know the details and figures if any involved and I guessing none of those people are on here. 

Didn’t Chansiri say that the terms and wording of the mutual consent option “ made him (Pulis) look good and me look bad”

Chansiri would never agree to anything like that... he’s far too proud.

Pulis and Sky will put the knife in at some point and Chansiris already hopeless reputation will be damaged even further.

He won’t pay Pulis anything anyway.... he’ll drag it through the courts and heap more bad publicity on the club.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Don't believe anything that comes out of Pulis mouth. Chansiri has his faults, but as he stated yesterday, Pulis is a master manipulator of the press. Pulis is stating this after the event to make himself the victim. I firmly believe Chansiri version.

Pulis can now go back to selling snake oil

There is no hope! 🤣

People still believe Chansiri!

Absolutely unbelievable!

What does he have to do? Sleep with your wife!

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They're 99.999999% a sacking

Everyone knows it

To give Pulis a massive payoff just so you could technically say he 'sacked' him is bizarre

And very expensive

At a time when our fans haven't got their season ticket refunds

I'm pretty sure he can afford to sack him if that's what he wants to do, nothing to do with refund money which could be more about the process.

Not having cash flow doesn't mean it isn't there.

Same as the wages issue, I reckon that cash flow is more of an issue with the pandemic restrictions, dosn't mean he doesn't have it...

4 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

I'm pretty sure he can afford to sack him if that's what he wants to do, nothing to do with refund money which could be more about the process.

Not having cash flow doesn't mean it isn't there.

Same as the wages issue, I reckon that cash flow is more of an issue with the pandemic restrictions, dosn't mean he doesn't have it...

How come no other club seems to have problems with the restrictions or if they do ours are always more severe.

Just now, Yorksowl said:

Exactly. Anything else what might come out slowly killing this club. Its going to end in one big shiit storm

The more boring our chairman, politics and off the pitch can get the better

It'd be great to be talking nothing but football again!

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It won’t have been a huge payoff 

Nixon again reiterating that this morning on Twitter 

Theres no way chansiri has been offered him to leave for nowt and then gone, nah I want to sack you here’s a massive cheque 

Clearly whatever mutual agreement Pulis and his team presented wasn’t fit for the club, and then his subsequent actions lead the club to decide he has to be sacked. 

I certainly don’t believe Pulis offered a great walk away free deal in the clubs best interests. 

chansiri may have ended up paying more due to some principles, but that’s common place? We have no idea what Pulis presented as a severance offer. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, punkassmofo said:

This whole thread is based on not knowing fact but pushing opinion as fact.

few people  know the details and figures if any involved and I guessing none of those people are on here. 

Of course it is nobody knows for for sure what’s happened and how apart from Chansiri and Pulis. But this thread is taking a sky sports article that comes from Pulis and takes it as gospel (by some). 

I get it’s open season on DC at the minute. Some of the stuff he said yesterday has only put the scent of blood in the hounds noses. He needs to address his faults and run the club in a more professional and efficient manner there is no doubting that, he needs help wether he wants it or not. But let’s not forget this bloke has chucked millions of his own money at this club and still continues to do so. Who’s propping the club up during a global pandemic from his own wallet because there ain’t no income? This doesn’t mean he can’t be criticised but I think some people are now desperate to see the worst in him at every little story that comes out.
He’s far from perfect but i don’t see a queue of wealthy people looking to buy us out and lead us to the promised land.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Owl1987 said:

I found this press conference a little baffling.

Regardless of who is in the right of wrong here, to call pulis out like he has publicly for me is really poor.

I'm sure anyone half interested in this job will now have second thoughts.

Fair enough he accepts he got the appointment wrong but to simply lay all the blame on a man who hasnt had any chance to reply ( probably for fear of contractual and legal issues) for me just isnt right.

I'm sure chansiri is doing his best and doing what he feels is right but for a man with his wealth and a businessman at that i really do wonder how on earth he got to where he is. He appears a total maverick.

Our club is a total mess. Sad sad times and we can only hope things get better.

Happy new year my fellow owls. We all need to remember this is the club we love and will continue to love no matter how bad things are - its within us and deep down never leaves. Once an owl always an owl.

I know some tremendous leaders. And what I see in them I do not see in Chansiri. 

I agree with you. How has he created his wealth? 

All personal power lost the moment you start projecting blame outwards. 

In all moments you surely look and reflect on your own being in situations. 

I won't buy it. 

We are effectively without leadership. 

Ego is running the show. 

Gulp. 

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Of course it is nobody knows for for sure what’s happened and how apart from Chansiri and Pulis. But this thread is taking a sky sports article that comes from Pulis and takes it as gospel (by some).  

nobody knows for for sure what’s happened and how apart from Chansiri and Pulis. But this thread is taking a local news article that comes from Chansiri and takes it as gospel (by some).  

Owlstalk Shop