Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

10 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

tbh - given the way things were going, nobody would have really batted an eyelid at the fact TP had been dismissed, but now it has a completely unnecessary talking point behind it and one that's likely to have cost the club again. 

Hmmm... several eyelids were batted on here to say the least.

Reading between the lines, it seems that TPs 'mutual consent' offer covered himself only and not his staff, which was an issue for DC as he would still be lumbered with them. Also seems to be some disagreement about how this would be announced

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Don't believe anything that comes out of Pulis mouth. Chansiri has his faults, but as he stated yesterday, Pulis is a master manipulator of the press. Pulis is stating this after the event to make himself the victim. I firmly believe Chansiri version.

Pulis can now go back to selling snake oil

Don’t be fooled, Chansiri also manipulates the press and fans.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I guess it depends on the terms of the mutual agreement. It could have been along the lines of 'i don't get a pay off and you don't go public with the reasons'

Unless Mr C decides he wants to chuck around some more truth bombs I guess we'll never know.

Ultimately though, slot of the stuff Chansiri said could amount to slander so let's see how much of it Pulis denies.....

• Like 1

Anybody who thinks Pulis simply wanted to walk, with no conditions attached is being naive. DC has said that the terms of a mutual agreement document submitted by Pulis legal team were totally unacceptable and painted him in a bad light. In the end, he had no option but to fire him. Regardless of what we might think of him, I can’t see any way DC would have declined to allow Pulis to walk for nowt, but instead preferred to have to give him a shed load of cash. Possibly he’s fired him for misconduct with no pay off to come. Who knows. I imagine the club's solicitors were involved in the decision and fancy themselves against Pulis team in any future litigation. 

• Like 4

So to summarise.

DC has the fans money, is delaying giving it back, and criticises the fans for daring to even ask for it.

He then does his usual spoiled kid flounce and instead of letting the Manager leave at nil cost, wastes a load more money to pay him off.

This is after he could have let Monk go at nil cost, but instead gave him another contract and a backroom team first to pay off.

How incompetent can he be ?

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's a shedload of money Chansiri didn't need to pay out though

That for me is the bottom line and the important part - NOT what words are used to describe him leaving

Pulis was always here for the money, was always going to take as much as he could. 

When Pulis didn't put on a training session and was called out by the players for not doing so and refused to take charge of Tuesdays game, Chansiri had no choice. 

It's not about words, it's the actions of Pulis behind those words. I presume Pulis hasn't chosen to expand of that bit?

Arguably, every penny Pulis has drawn in wages has been stolen from the club, based on his performance (yes, Chansiri's decision to appoint him which was a bigger waste of money)

• Like 4

It’s quite obvious what’s happened here, I’ll try and explain. 

Tone rings DC and says I’d like to leave without a payout as I’m out of my depth here and I’m not the right fit. DC says ok Mr Pulis, but I’ve got that much money I don’t know what to do with it so I’ll sack you and then I can get rid of some of my money that I don’t know what to do with. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Wall said:

Hmmm... several eyelids were batted on here to say the least.

Reading between the lines, it seems that TPs 'mutual consent' offer covered himself only and not his staff, which was an issue for DC as he would still be lumbered with them. Also seems to be some disagreement about how this would be announced

We of course won't see the details of the contracts that were drawn up, but a smart way of operating may have been to insert a clause stipulating that the club could remove them from duty if TP were no longer in the role - particularly if TP stated he wanted to leave. 

TP may have conducted some master shythousery here, but we have still made a decision not to look at exactly what he was looking for by mutual consent. 

All a complete mess, and another costly one. 

What ever way it happened jsut think about this 

Pulis got paid 2 million for 10 games 

200k per game 

Watching pulis football has cost Dc 200k agame 

Season tickets are looking a bargain now 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri spent an hour yesterday telling us how hard up he was, how there was no money coming in, how he is struggling to pay players on time, struggling to pay season ticket refunds in a timely manner, saying he's desperate for help financially from the Government and the EFL etc etc

An hour he spent yesterday telling us that

And then needlessly just smashed a massive payoff into the back pocket of a manager that HE appointed for just 45 days

Tell me (and those waiting for refunds) how that makes sense

How much did he get paid off? 

We're never going to know the true story, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle

Did TP offer to leave for free? We'd be naïve to believe that, Is DC the sort of person petty enough to sack a person who offered to leave via mutual consent, all signs point to yes

Is it the club & fans who suffer, yes.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They're 99.999999% a sacking

Everyone knows it

To give Pulis a massive payoff just so you could technically say he 'sacked' him is bizarre

And very expensive

At a time when our fans haven't got their season ticket refunds

And Chansiri saying he 'sacked' Pulis yesterday lasted about 10 seconds with regards to anything of interest and this morning is irrelevant given everything else he said

So an extremely expensive sentence to buy when you could have refunded your fans

So either way pulis was still getting a payoff it's just the wording, or are you saying pulis was prepared walk for nothing which seems strange considering what happened at  crystal palace

1 minute ago, bubbleowl said:

So either way pulis was still getting a payoff it's just the wording, or are you saying pulis was prepared walk for nothing which seems strange considering what happened at  crystal palace

Pulis was prepared to walk away for nothing

He asked to walk away for nothing

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop