Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The biggest question for me is this 

What incident made Pulis decide to never talk to the Chairman?

He came to the club and then at some point just choose to stop speaking to his boss

Why?

Why would anyone do that?

Makes no sense to me that

There has to have been an incident or catalyst to that 

Probably his first day when the squads first question to him was “where’s our wages”. 

1 hour ago, Paul.. said:

Pretty sure Chansiri hasn't been called deceitful and disgraceful by a high court judge unlike Pulis so I know who I'm going to trust on this one.

We’ll never know but I’m inclined to agree with you on this one.

TP: No Mr Chansiri! I insist I walk away now for free 

DC: No please Poolis, let me pay you for the inconvenience

TP: No Mr Chansiri! It has to be for free! 

DC: How does £500k sound? 

TP: Yeah go on then 

In scenarios that never happened 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, striker said:

I don't trust Pulis as far as I could throw him, neither do I trust Chansiri.

But, on the basis of both stories, believe Chansiri.

Pulis may well have started down the road of mutual consent, but what's he got to say about his unprofessional approach to trainng and the game on Tuesday, which necessitated his sacking. 

It's embarrassing for him having been Billy big testicles when he came in, trading on his experience to have been found out so quickly by players and his employer.

Good riddance. Terrible decision to appoint him by Chansiri, had his pants down yet again by his advisor, but credit to him for rectifying that mistake so quickly.

Agreed. Chansiri made a mistake but rectified it sharpish. 

• Like 1

Wanted to leave with dignity and respect - what threatening to call in sick & putting on a half arsed training session

I for one am glad DC called out TP ,  to show what a deceitful man he actually is, a case is building up against TP now, Palace,WBA & Us - hopefully the man never gets a job in football again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

What kind of manager says “I’ll phone in sick”

good riddance to bad rubbish. 

That's the only debatable bit about this story, surely Pulis would have emailed in sick

lol

Doesnt do phoning, just email or wants to be taken out for his special tea at Pizza Hut by the club owner as a treat once a week. Maybe that's the real reason, he had a face on because he couldn't have a go on the ice cream machine for afters. 

Is it worth pointing out that both Chansiri and Pulis version of events are identical

The chairman said himself yesterday that Pulis wanted a mutual consent end to the contract 

So basically this news just confirms what Chansiri said yesterday 

So any suggestions that Pulis is lying arent taking into account that Chansiri said the exact same story 

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Is it worth pointing out that both Chansiri and Pulis version of events are identical

The chairman said himself yesterday that Pulis wanted a mutual consent end to the contract 

So any suggestions that Pulis is lying arent taking into account that Chansiri said the exact same story 

Thats not the bit in doubt, it’s the “I’ll leave for nothing” bit that is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WatfordOwl said:

This was the single most crazy thing I read from the press conference text yesterday.

I mean - who does that? 

Who, when an employee states they want to leave your club/business, takes a decision to pay someone off that would have walked for much less? 

It's frightening to think how much further this may go, because at the moment, we have a guy at the helm who seemingly takes every communication as a personal slur on him and reacts in the very worst ways possible.

There's seemingly no talking to the man and he will not take assistance from anyone who has a past history of the club/game in order to try and see a way out of the mire we are currently in. 

Deeply concerning of course is the issues surrounding wages. Are we close to the point of where he withdraws any kind of funding for the club and we then get into the realms of breaching contracts and then administration? 

Truly scary times.

He is a spoilt rich child used to getting everything his way

An utterly deluded individual

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Spot on

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Depends on the terms of the ‘mutual consent’ offered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bubbleowl said:

I thought mutual agreements were still a sacking, but was a way for the other party not to have a dismissal on is record

Compromise agreements involve an agreed settlement and can cost companies more than firing an employee.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They are the same version of events unless you take into account the threat to go sick if TP didn’t get his way.