Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It did mate 

Makes it even worse that our advisors or chairman thought it would be wise to employ him

As much as I believe DC is guilty of many things, I firmly stand by the appointment of Pulis being a good one, especially in our position and his track record, as do I would guess the majority.

However, after 5 games I realized that I had got it wrong as his tactics were much worse than I ever imagined.  I've no doubt DC thought the same as did most of us. In DCs defense he has admitted it being a mistake to hire him and I am behind him 100% on his decision to get rid.

2 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Pretty sure Chansiri hasn't been called deceitful and disgraceful by a high court judge unlike Pulis so I know who I'm going to trust on this one.

Oh dear, it would appear that some folk really are beyond help.

3 minutes ago, CJ76 said:

I'm not disputing that. I never agreed with his appointment in the first place and was a mistake by DC and his army of advisors. However the fact that Sky Sports News are reporting what TP has apparently said just shows how he manipulates the press, when it seems he has used the mutual consent card before.

I'd not see a two line Sky Sports overview as manipulating the press

He may do later

But all I've seen so far is vanilla standard practice

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis was prepared to walk away for nothing

He asked to walk away for nothing

Tip of the iceberg,we obviously know next to nothing of the situation at S6....For a manager,any manager let alone TP to offer to do that speaks volumes..why would you? what on earth could make you feel unable to allegedly not turn up for training or refuse to take a game as manager? to want to leave with no pay off??

Leaves me feeling sick to the stomach....#

Just now, 109Waddle said:

I’ve probably missed this somewhere, but do we know why Pulis wanted to leave - DC? Players? January? All of the above?

Probably a mixture. 

Told the chairman he could keep us up with the squad at interview, results got worse, realised he was struggling, turned focus on lack of players and need for more in January, realised wouldn’t get that ‘more’ he was after and probably realised he’d take us down IMO

• Like 1

Just now, parajack said:

Tip of the iceberg,we obviously know next to nothing of the situation at S6....For a manager,any manager let alone TP to offer to do that speaks volumes..why would you? what on earth could make you feel unable to allegedly not turn up for training or refuse to take a game as manager? to want to leave with no pay off??

Leaves me feeling sick to the stomach....#

The other question for me that nobody seems to want to discuss is what happened to make Tony Pulis suddenly stop talking to the Chairman?

What was it?

He can't just have woke up one day in a brand new job and said "I'm not gonna speak to the Chairman ever againi"

There must have been a catalyst to that 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

So true

The issue for me is the massive pool of rich managers who have lingered round the sport and never achieved anything yet keep landing jobs, getting massive wages, getting massive payoffs then going to the golf club until the next call comes in from the next desperate sucker

I hope we break away from this pool of managers this time I really do

I'd rather we did a Wayne Rooney type deal than just take on Big Sam, Tony Mowbray, Tony Pulis etc

I’m with you. Let’s be cutting edge for a change and get some innovation into the club!

Any names you can put out there as the type of person your thinking of?

Are you thinking of a Frank Lampard/ Gerrard type or someone with history at the club?

Maybe Paul Scholes if the first but can’t think of any Wednesday former players who fit the mold.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The other question for me that nobody seems to want to discuss is what happened to make Tony Pulis suddenly stop talking to the Chairman?

What was it?

He can't just have woke up one day in a brand new job and said "I'm not gonna speak to the Chairman ever againi"

There must have been a catalyst to that 

Lack of respect and arrogance.

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Bing Cosby said:

Two sides to every story.

While Pulis leaving is certainly in everyone's best interest, my feeling is neither side is blameless in how it all played out.

Hope this doesn't drag on, we've got more important things to concentrate on.

UTO

3, actually, their side, your side and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m with you. Let’s be cutting edge for a change and get some innovation into the club!

Any names you can put out there as the type of person your thinking of?

Are you thinking of a Frank Lampard/ Gerrard type or someone with history at the club?

Maybe Paul Scholes if the first but can’t think of any Wednesday former players who fit the mold.

He had better consult with the players first as it looks like they will throw him under the bus if they don't like him.