Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The other question for me that nobody seems to want to discuss is what happened to make Tony Pulis suddenly stop talking to the Chairman?

What was it?

He can't just have woke up one day in a brand new job and said "I'm not gonna speak to the Chairman ever againi"

There must have been a catalyst to that 

I think he saw us in training 😁

TP will want another job in Championship when the next manager gets the bullet - Notts F, QPR - whoever gets drawn in and panics as the season unfolds.

His behavior and comments will partly being determined with this in mind, and DC comments - i.e damage limitation. His record at SWFC was abysmal, and he'll be looking to lay out as many mitigating factors as possible to ensure he's not permanently tarnished.

• Like 2

Chansiri all but confirm this story himself yesterday.

He alluded to the fact that Pulis had asked for mutual consent. He commented on the fact that this was favourable to Pulis, so sacked him.

If it’s genuinely true that Pulis was willing to walk for free and, Chansiri paid him off in a battle of ego’s, then it shows you the sort of imbecile we’re working with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody knows anything about his dad/family

Yes they do.

it’s in the public domain.

They know about his shareholding in TUC. They know how much he sold it for. They know the date of the transactions.

Because that is what happens with major legitimate business transactions, they are all traceable.

Meanwhile, nobody  can find any evidence of DC ever running a bath.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis is understood to have been surprised, disappointed and hurt by the comments made by Chansiri.

Sky Sports News were told that Pulis wanted to leave the club with dignity and respect.

However, he feels that became impossible to achieve.

Pulis offered to leave Wednesday on mutually agreed terms, which would have seen him leave without a payoff, but the club would not accept that and chose instead to sack him.

During his short period at Hillsborough, Pulis felt he had a good working relationship with both the players and staff.

But he also came up with the wording to put out which we don't know.  DC said clearly he was happy to release a simple statement of TP leaving by "mutual consent" that did not make the club look bad but TP wasn't prepared to wait a few days to agree this.

Why was DC more concerned about TPs coaching staff be he'd brought in than TP was?

I don't think it will be too long before TP is in another management position

6 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

He had better consult with the players first as it looks like they will throw him under the bus if they don't like him.

If Pulis was rumoured to want out and then put on a half assed session(which the players would 100%notice) then absolutely right to be called out. 

Anything other than that and the players don’t care.

1 hour ago, megsonstheman said:

Don't believe anything that comes out of Pulis mouth. Chansiri has his faults, but as he stated yesterday, Pulis is a master manipulator of the press. Pulis is stating this after the event to make himself the victim. I firmly believe Chansiri version.

Pulis can now go back to selling snake oil

Me thinks Pulis  was seeing his brand of football was not working  ,His reputation never been relegated was looking doubtful ,Get a nice cushy job on Sky sports ,His reputation intact never been relegated .

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The other question for me that nobody seems to want to discuss is what happened to make Tony Pulis suddenly stop talking to the Chairman?

What was it?

He can't just have woke up one day in a brand new job and said "I'm not gonna speak to the Chairman ever againi"

There must have been a catalyst to that 

Theres much to this,that we simply cant fathom..though the grimaces from TP & other body language in his dealings with the press were to me a sign of serious issues behind the scenes....

• Like 1