Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Nixon again reiterating that this morning on Twitter 

Theres no way chansiri has been offered him to leave for nowt and then gone, nah I want to sack you here’s a massive cheque 

Clearly whatever mutual agreement Pulis and his team presented wasn’t fit for the club, and then his subsequent actions lead the club to decide he has to be sacked. 

I certainly don’t believe Pulis offered a great walk away free deal in the clubs best interests. 

chansiri may have ended up paying more due to some principles, but that’s common place? We have no idea what Pulis presented as a severance offer. 

Mall the speculation and negative press has been caused by DCs rant.

He has the audacity to have a go at fans for damaging the club with comments on social media that a handful of people read. He is the chairman yet rants like a 3 year old spoilt child causing far more damage to the club.

As for paying more for principles, where are his principles in paying back fans / customers / worse than customers?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

nobody knows for for sure what’s happened and how apart from Chansiri and Pulis. But this thread is taking a local news article that comes from Chansiri and takes it as gospel (by some).  

It’s worth noting though that only one of the parties involved has any interest in the clubs best outcome. 

Pulis has no ties to SWFC. DC owns us. 

I’m not saying chansiri isn’t completely off the wall at times and we know what a complete bag of poop we’ve been turned into as a club, but only one of those parties would have been interested in a severance agreement that was best for the club and one best for the individual. 

Im sure Pulis has plenty of gripes that lead up to all this, I’m sure there’s a whole host of Carry On style shenanigans take place at the club, but DCs heart is in the club/his business. Pulis is absolutely a snake (which DC should have seen coming tbh)

Guest Bulgaria

Does anyone really believe that TP wanted to leave without a pay off?

Seriously.

And then our owner said,"  no way, I am going to sack you so it costs me money"

I mean, seriously????

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Nixon again reiterating that this morning on Twitter 

Theres no way chansiri has been offered him to leave for nowt and then gone, nah I want to sack you here’s a massive cheque 

Clearly whatever mutual agreement Pulis and his team presented wasn’t fit for the club, and then his subsequent actions lead the club to decide he has to be sacked. 

I certainly don’t believe Pulis offered a great walk away free deal in the clubs best interests. 

chansiri may have ended up paying more due to some principles, but that’s common place? We have no idea what Pulis presented as a severance offer. 

Its all the stuff around it though.

You can’t moan you’re struggling with cash then pay off a manager, in what’s likely to be 6 figures, because you can’t handle the situation.

He sacked Pulis Monday night because he was worried he was going to knock on Tuesday and miss the game. He missed the game anyway and it cost us money we apparently don’t have.

Any claims about the situation spilling out and causing us negative press, or the statement Pulis wanted putting out for a mutual agreement making us look bad, is completely irrelevant after yesterday. Chansiri has basically said ‘If anyone is going to make me look bad, it’s me’ then done a 3hr press conference days later doing just that. 

If you’re sacking Pulis and taking the financial hit to keep the clubs reputation clean, do that. Don’t sack him then days later do what he was threatening to do himself. He’s got paid off and the statement he wanted to release has basically been acted out by Chansiri in public anyway.

It’s absolutely bizarre. 

6 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Of course it is nobody knows for for sure what’s happened and how apart from Chansiri and Pulis. But this thread is taking a sky sports article that comes from Pulis and takes it as gospel (by some). 

I get it’s open season on DC at the minute. Some of the stuff he said yesterday has only put the scent of blood in the hounds noses. He needs to address his faults and run the club in a more professional and efficient manner there is no doubting that, he needs help wether he wants it or not. But let’s not forget this bloke has chucked millions of his own money at this club and still continues to do so. Who’s propping the club up during a global pandemic from his own wallet because there ain’t no income? This doesn’t mean he can’t be criticised but I think some people are now desperate to see the worst in him at every little story that comes out.
He’s far from perfect but i don’t see a queue of wealthy people looking to buy us out and lead us to the promised land.

Stop with the sensible posts. It’s not creating enough drama ! 

21 minutes ago, Marro said:

Whatever happened between DC and TP could have remained mostly private.  DC didn’t have to go on a 10 minute rant and should have kept his thoughts to himself.  It would have been sufficient to say TP was not a good fit, didn’t like his style of play and we move on.

Potential legal action, spats with ex managers and with fans is damaging the Club and it is caused by Chansiri.  Owls talk is a fans forum and there will be negative and (sometimes) positive comments.  We’re not the figurehead of the Club who should have better standards. If Chansiri has nothing nice to say he should keep his trap shut as it is him causing the damage to the Club. 

He should seriously consider investing in a reputable PR media team to advise him before he makes any briefing or attend any conference (virtual or in person).

This 100%.

Chansiri sees everything that goes wrong at the club as a slight on him personally and then he must defend his honour.

The trouble is in his attempts to defend himself and his actions through these statements/briefings to the media he always blunders his way through, leaving more questions than answers.

This leads to even more derision for him and the club. It may be a cultural thing but the way he operates doesn't do him any favours.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Mall the speculation and negative press has been caused by DCs rant.

He has the audacity to have a go at fans for damaging the club with comments on social media that a handful of people read. He is the chairman yet rants like a 3 year old spoilt child causing far more damage to the club.

As for paying more for principles, where are his principles in paying back fans / customers / worse than customers?

I don’t disagree with that. 

Again though Pulis won’t get a payoff in bulk. It’ll be monthly like normal payroll until he gets a new job. So it won’t cost today. 

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Does anyone really believe that TP wanted to leave without a pay off?

Seriously.

And then our owner said,"  no way, I am going to sack you so it costs me money"

I mean, seriously????

Hard to believe but DC has proved time and time again that he has the ability to make ridiculous decisions 

• Like 2