Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Sky Sports today suggests that Chansiri has refused that and given him a massive payoff just so that he can say he sacked him

Or...he has evidence that Pulis actually said " in that case I'll throw a sickie " 

Just now, CJ76 said:

TP loves using the mutual consent card when it comes to leaving clubs, by all accounts to make himself look better. Going on what happened at Crystal Palace I would tend to agree with DC's version of events. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-birmingham-38136496

That happened before Chansiri chose to employ him and after our advisors had done due diligence

Owlstalk Shop

We are going to get more little bits of information leaked to the press, overseen by a solicitor and ensuring they can't be denie and don't reflect bad on Pulis.

I think DC is simmering with anger over lots of things but really should have taken a step back and released a statement via legal channels.

Going public while so angry was not the thing to do.

• Like 1

Just now, A E Neuman NYowl said:

We are going to get more little bits of information leaked to the press, overseen by a solicitor and ensuring they can't be denie and don't reflect bad on Pulis.

I think DC is simmering with anger over lots of things but really should have taken a step back and released a statement via legal channels.

Going public while so angry was not the thing to do.

A lot of what DC does and says is lost in both emotion and translation.

He needs a lot of help in this department but probably doesn’t see or realise this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That happened before Chansiri chose to employ him and after our advisors had done due diligence

I think this lends me to believe Chansiri is more in the right here and disbelieve what Pulis says.

It also reinforces the enormous mistake that DC absolutely should have seen coming. 

So I back DC over it the dispute, but he absolutely brought it on himself which he needs to not do again (doesn’t hold breath)

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It did mate 

Makes it even worse that our advisors or chairman thought it would be wise to employ him

Happens all the time in football.

People give fresh chances to bad eggs.

Look at some of Wilder’s signings.....If it comes off you’re a genius, if not you’re a mug.

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

I think this lends me to believe Chansiri is more in the right here and disbelieve what Pulis says.

It also reinforces the enormous mistake that DC absolutely should have seen coming. 

So I back DC over it the dispute, but he absolutely brought it on himself which he needs to not do again (doesn’t hold breath)

Agreed mate

I'm looking forward to a new manager coming in, but dreading finding out who it is

lol

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Happens all the time in football.

People give fresh chances to bad eggs.

Look at some of Wilder’s signings.....If it comes off you’re a genius, if not you’re a mug.

So true

The issue for me is the massive pool of rich managers who have lingered round the sport and never achieved anything yet keep landing jobs, getting massive wages, getting massive payoffs then going to the golf club until the next call comes in from the next desperate sucker

I hope we break away from this pool of managers this time I really do

I'd rather we did a Wayne Rooney type deal than just take on Big Sam, Tony Mowbray, Tony Pulis etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not disputing that. I never agreed with his appointment in the first place and was a mistake by DC and his army of advisors. However the fact that Sky Sports News are reporting what TP has apparently said just shows how he manipulates the press, when it seems he has used the mutual consent card before.