Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

His track record screams 'STAY THE FOOOOOOOK AWAY FROM THIS GUY'

But then have a quick dig into what Chansiri's line of thought may have been.

You sit there knowing that you have sunk a vast amount of money into a project. You know the only thing that is going to make the situation far worse in the medium term is relegation to League One. You look at your investment stuck at rock bottom and not winning a game. A guy is suggested to you that has been in the game for thirty odd years and has never taken a club to relegation.

Even if your instincts tell you that the appointment is wrong, I can understand why the appointment was made. Indeed, I remember quite a few of the fan base saying exactly the same - not keen on Pulis from a football perspective but he is probably the best candidate to deal with a relegation battle. Or put another way, as long as he keeps us up, I don't really care about his style of doing things.

all i know to what ive read and what pulis was and wasn`t saying is that he wanted out , its clear that he was expecting in january to be able to bring 4 players in on x amount and chansiri has told him no , the wages available will be the loans who have gone back flint marriot and not sure regards izzy brown.

the only thing we know for definite is that pulis wanted out .whats more bizarre is why did he want pulis  in the 1st place none of us wanted him here, watching us on the pitch was giving us depression. 

When you start not paying folk on time it's technically a breach of contract... Whether that voids any attached NDA's is up for the lawyers to decide.

I've had some poo bosses that I'd love to spill the beans on but it's just not the done thing fortunately/unfortunately.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

But then have a quick dig into what Chansiri's line of thought may have been.

You sit there knowing that you have sunk a vast amount of money into a project. You know the only thing that is going to make the situation far worse in the medium term is relegation to League One. You look at your investment stuck at rock bottom and not winning a game. A guy is suggested to you that has been in the game for thirty odd years and has never taken a club to relegation.

Even if your instincts tell you that the appointment is wrong, I can understand why the appointment was made. Indeed, I remember quite a few of the fan base saying exactly the same - not keen on Pulis from a football perspective but he is probably the best candidate to deal with a relegation battle. Or put another way, as long as he keeps us up, I don't really care about his style of doing things.

Yeah I can understand why someone desperate would cling to the hope that he was the right man

Everything you say is correct

However looking at his legal history and dark past of leaving clubs I'd have locked him into the most solid contract known to man legally

I'd also have ensured that Pulis was 100% aware of everything at the club that was beyond any chance of him saying he was shocked or surprised by something (something that happens with every manager in recent history for some reason) a few weeks into the role

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, megsonstheman said:

Don't believe anything that comes out of Pulis's Chansiri's  mouth. Chansiri has his faults, but as he stated yesterday, Pulis is a master manipulator of the press. Pulis is stating this after the event to make himself the victim. I firmly believe Chansiri version.

Pulis can now go back to selling snake oil

Think that is more appropriate. Two peas in a pod. A clown of a football owner and, as stated, Pulis a master manipulator. Would be glad to see the back of both of them.

45 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Wanted to leave with dignity and respect - what threatening to call in sick & putting on a half arsed training session

I for one am glad DC called out TP ,  to show what a deceitful man he actually is, a case is building up against TP now, Palace,WBA & Us - hopefully the man never gets a job in football again

well his m8 megson never got a job again and some clowns on here wanted him back. 

9 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Totally random and off topic, but last night I dreamt that Chansiri and Dave Allen ( former chairman not the comedian) had a cage fight and the ref was Gary Shelton????

Make of that what you will 🤯

Post of 2021 on the very first day of the year....

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah I can understand why someone desperate would cling to the hope that he was the right man

Everything you say is correct

However looking at his legal history and dark past of leaving clubs I'd have locked him into the most solid contract known to man legally

I'd also have ensured that Pulis was 100% aware of everything at the club that was beyond any chance of him saying he was shocked or surprised by something (something that happens with every manager in recent history for some reason) a few weeks into the role

I will only say that I can understand the rationale behind the decision. I may well have seen Pulis as the best man to get me out of an impending disaster if I was in that position. 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

DC says TP was aware of everything - can't remember his exact phase/sentence but said all his appointments were fully briefed.

So I'm skipping through 11 pages here because I'm a little fuzzy headed this morning (and CBA with catching up with what I assume is 11 pages of bickering) so apologies if this has already been mentioned. 

Chansiri accused Pulis of not giving a throw about his backroom staff, that the mutual agreement covered Pulis but nobody else and Chansiri didn't want to shaft them. 

"We spoke about mutual consent, make it easy. He never think about his staff, only about himself. I told him he needed to solve for his people as well.

Monday morning my lawyer had to go to the hospital, so my people told him we would talk after Tuesday’s game. In the morning he told my people that because my lawyer was busy and to come back about mutual consent on Tuesday.

He got mad. He said it had to be now. He said my players don’t look good in training, maybe they told them."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

More than the 'zero' he offered to leave for

I’m sorry but I don’t believe this leaving for nothing. He may have offered to leave by mutual consent but without a payment attached us stretching credibility to snapping point. 
It will be no surprise that his mates at Sky will paint the picture of Pulis being dealt a dud hand. 
My take on it is he was tempted out of retirement and when he got here realised the size of the job and how much retirement meant to him and wanted a way out.  The most disappointing comment from DC was that TP wanted to look after himself and not his staff.  The response from DC is completely in character with his family approach.

In the final analysis we will not know the full detail an all comment is speculation .

It is time to move on. 3 points tonight and TP is definitely history

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Chansiri accused Pulis of not giving a throw about his backroom staff, that the mutual agreement covered Pulis but nobody else and Chansiri didn't want to shaft them.  

Explain how Chansiri would shaft Pulis staff in any way though

Think about it

Pulis says "I'll walk away, don't pay me off, just say it was mutual"

Chansiri says "Sod that you're SACKED" 

Chansiri pays him off 

Pulis staff left regardless 

I don't understand how Pulis leaving in any way affects how someone else employed by the club is dealt with

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, shez owl said:

I literally don’t care, ‘he said you said’, it’s just playground stuff. Move on

The problem is we don't move on, he  just keeps making a mockery of this club, and it's fans.

Another day, another shambles.

This is pathetic from Wednesday.  What impression must we give to the outside world, to potential employees?

Chansiri and his rants have made us headlines for all the wrong reasons.  It's like he bottles months worth of communication and unleashes it in an incoherent mess like a machine gun.

If he spoke briefly, every fortnight or so, or put out worded statements after notable events, then this kind of nonsense wouldn't happen.  

He's so unprofessional, unbusinesslike and it shows throughout our club.