Pulis wanted (and tried to) leave without a payoff

59 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

At what cost to the club though? 

Could have been done cheaper apparently.

You have no idea what the costs are it's not your company and and little right to know. The press speculation is trivia just trying to create a story. 

I've just listened to a programme on Radio 4 about the death of nuance. I was surprised it didn't mention Owlstalk.

When we appointed Pulis some of us on here (including me) said we might hate the bloke, we might hate the football he gets us playing but he might be just what we need - an experienced campaigner with a track record of getting clubs away from relegation. We needed an outsider to come in, work out what was needed and get it sorted, even if it meant telling DC some home truths.

It hasn't worked out well has it. The football was even worse than we'd feared, we only won one game in 10 and, by all accounts Pulis had 'lost the dressing room', had given up even trying to maintain professionalism and was agitating to leave.

It would have been best to part company amicably and save as much pay-off money as possible. Did Pulis offer terms that were really unacceptable or did DC just let his pride get in the way of an easy deal? We don't know. We can only guess, based largely on whether we hate Pulis or hate DC?

DC obviously feels that Pulis has treated him badly so he chose to have a public rant. He probably hoped that this would damage Pulis, which it might, but, in doing so, he's also damaged us as a club. If he had advisors that he was prepared to listen to then this might have been avoided.

I'm sure DC's heart is in the right place but he really needs someone to advise him on PR, another to advise him on finances (and how we're going to get out of this mess) and another to advise him on football (so we never got into this mess). But he doesn't seem like the sort of bloke who will listen to anyone else.

Meanwhile he insists that he is still bankrolling the club to the tune of millions. If he ever got fed up and stopped doing that we'd be in even deeper doo-doo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I've just listened to a programme on Radio 4 about the death of nuance.

This bothers me, but seemingly not too many other people, enormously. And you can see it literally everywhere you look. It seems as a society we no longer have the time or patience for thinking about things too deeply or acknowledging that some things may be more complicated than we'd like. These days we make a snap judgement on something that is usually one of two polar opposites (with a lot of the detail in the middle ignored) and once that decision is made we will defend it to the absolute death, regardless of the information presented. 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes other clubs are struggling but because they are better run are able to withstand it better the Wednesday.

Doesn’t matter if they are run better, with no revenue coming in every club will struggle. In defence of Chansiri he is managing that debt by himself. 

1 hour ago, dani_armo said:

I think the most worrying thing (if people take their Chansiri branded blue and white tinted specs off), is that whether people rated Pulis or not one of the most experienced managers in English football has come in for 45 days and walked. We are not talking about an inexperienced young British yes man or a random johnny foreigner, we are talking about a vastly experienced and to be honest a successful British manager.

The man has taken a look at the club from top to bottom, looked at the squad and his chairman and packed his desk up after ONE month. I think this speaks volumes.

Another vastly experienced manager Bruce said the Chairman was one of the strangest hes ever worked with and lets be honest he jumped at the chance to leave...although you cannot blame him for wanting to manage his club

But that's exactly what they did, because of their issue with Pulis and his style of play/tactics, he was already onto a downward spiral with many fan's before he even started his first training session. Lets be right, he was never going to be popular here with sections of the fanbase regardless of results. That mentality has stuck in the minds of some fans, the ones who back DC, purely because they are blinded by the hatred of Pulis that they choose to cling on and believe everyword that comes out of the owners mouth.

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I 100% believe it

He's a rich man - doesn't need the cash (but would want it in an ideal world)|

45 days into a new job and finds it that unbearable he needs releasing from his contract

Suggesting he would walk away on a mutual and no pay off is 100% a possibility to me

I 100% believe it !! 
Without hearing it from Pulis himself. That’s very hypocritical, after all you said yesterday. 

If Pulis left on his own terms he would have then most likely legally being able to spill whatever he wanted about DC and the club. Leaving on DC terms with a pay off he will have some kind of NDA/injunction to stop him speaking I would imagine

4 minutes ago, nldowl said:

If Pulis left on his own terms he would have then most likely legally being able to spill whatever he wanted about DC and the club. Leaving on DC terms with a pay off he will have some kind of NDA/injunction to stop him speaking I would imagine

Other way round I think

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You were more hypocritical to be fair as everyone pointed out

Simply not true, the fact you went looking for support from others proves that. Your hypocrisy is staggering and your comments simply back that up. 
End of ...

I just don't think as a manager you would ever be able to get a clear answer out of Chansiri. Everytime in a press conf or interview, he deflects the question or critisises it/becomes defensive. I can see him being like that talking to the manager too, so lord knows how managers are supposed to work with him and agree on things. I think he cares, he's just useless as a football owner/chairman.

Compare him with Milan who although didn't have the money to spend, was honest and approachable about everything acting with dignity. If he must stay he should bugger off into the background and hire a director of football team to make the decisions for him- heck bring in Milan to help!

Edited by swfc-dan