That's me done until DC goes

Just now, dykwim said:

All we can do is wait for him to lose enough money that he has to walk away. The alternative is he spends more money on the team and gets lucky. 

I think the former is more likely. How long it takes is anyone’s guess. Yes, he will have lost a lot of money yet, but the club we support will be in a terrible position at that point, not owning its own ground and being saddled with lots of debt and little income. 

All the major sponsors are Chansiri companies, exec box holders have been pushed away by high prices and fans/customers are being pushed away by being disillusioned with the whole situation. There won’t be much of a club left when he’s done with it. 

The exec boxes were a loss makers weren't they?  

If he loses money then we all lose and ultimately the club.  We need him to get it right so we all benefit.   

And here's me thinking that we steamrolled our way through the league's financial regulations to the tune of some circa £18m over a three year period due to budgetary profligacy by the board regarding the playing and coaching staff, then making a total arse of the stadium sale and then lately being subject to a worldwide pandemic.  Imagine my surprise then when in fact it would appear that we are to blame for not buying the equivalent of 360,000 replica shirts or around 50,000 extra season tickets?

• Like 2

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

If he loses money then we all lose and ultimately the club.  We need him to get it right so we all benefit.   

I’d love him to get it right, I really would. 

He needs to stop with the fan rants though and get some business advice. 

The only way to make us successful without putting the business at risk is to live within our means. 

A club of our size should be able to function on season ticket money, sponsorships, TV money and other revenue such as match day, lotteries, memberships and merchandise sales. 

Throwing money at it and failing and saddling the club with debt and loss of its assets is just ridiculous. 

That’s what needs to change. Run the club properly and communicate to the fan base that that is the new plan. 

Slow build of progression rather than poo or bust. 

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

And here's me thinking that we steamrolled our way through the league's financial regulations to the tune of some circa £18m over a three year period due to budgetary profligacy by the board regarding the playing and coaching staff, then making a total arse of the stadium sale and then lately being subject to a worldwide pandemic.  Imagine my surprise then when in fact it would appear that we are to blame for not buying the equivalent of 360,000 replica shirts or around 50,000 extra season tickets?

Absobloodyexactly. Never his fault though

58 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Don’t understand mate. You support the club not the chairman. Seems a daft statement to me. You can’t just stop supporting because he’s upset you. 

he isnt stopping supporting,he is stopping going to games or buying Ifollow....there are other ways to continue following your Club....he is making a protest at what he sees....

5 minutes ago, dykwim said:

I’d love him to get it right, I really would. 

He needs to stop with the fan rants though and get some business advice. 

The only way to make us successful without putting the business at risk is to live within our means. 

A club of our size should be able to function on season ticket money, sponsorships, TV money and other revenue such as match day, lotteries, memberships and merchandise sales. 

Throwing money at it and failing and saddling the club with debt and loss of its assets is just ridiculous. 

That’s what needs to change. Run the club properly and communicate to the fan base that that is the new plan. 

Slow build of progression rather than poo or bust. 

All sounds reasonable  and you sound very knowledgeable do you have some experience of running football clubs?

3 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Only by going without other things, I have no mobile phone, no pets, no jewellery........

I have a 35 year old microwave, a 15 year old TV and a washing machine that requires a special kick for it to work.

Luxury!

All sounds reasonable  and you sound very knowledgeable do you have some experience of running football clubs?

Football clubs no, businesses yes. 

No one wants the conflict with Chansiri. It’s just so frustrating watching someone sink the club you love to new depths. Especially when it’s pretty obvious what is wrong. 

Fans are fickle. Turn it around and all will be forgiven. What’s getting peoples goats is that we’re not seeing leadership and business acumen from the person who owns the club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dykwim said:

No one wants the conflict with Chansiri. It’s just so frustrating watching someone sink the club you love to new depths. Especially when it’s pretty obvious what is wrong. 

Fans are fickle. Turn it around and all will be forgiven. What’s getting peoples goats is that we’re not seeing leadership and business acumen from the person who owns the club. 

Might be an idea for business minded Wednesday fans to get together and offer their advice, experience and knowledge to the club.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Might be an idea for business minded Wednesday fans to get together and offer their advice, experience and knowledge to the club.  

Not a bad idea, but please don't let them have a say on the next manager, otherwise we'll end up with either Holloway, Megson or McCarthy.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dykwim said:

I can safely assume none of that would matter to folk if we were near the top of the league. It didn’t matter from 2015-2017 when similar to now there was no structure. Roeder and the others did one after a few weeks remember 

• Like 1

It would make more sense than listening to paid advisors that have clearly not come up with the goods.  The timing isn’t great with many businesses wrestling with the joys of covid but I do believe there is merit in forming some sort of steering committee to help re-engage us as a legitimate business to deal with and no be so reliant on Mr Chansiri’s pocket to exist. 

It would have to be instigated by the club though to show there is full buy in to the idea (otherwise you end up with another pointless Trust).  They could ask for applications and have people submit their credentials. The positions should absolutely not be paid positions and be none binding on Mr Chansiri to act upon any advice. It’s his business, and his money, he has the final say. 

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I can safely assume none of that would matter to folk if we were near the top of the league. It didn’t matter from 2015-2017 when similar to now there was no structure. Roeder and the others did one after a few weeks remember 

We just keep finding ourselves in this situation. Spending above our means will always arrive us where we are today eventually. 

Just now, dykwim said:

It would make more sense than listening to paid advisors that have clearly not come up with the goods.  The timing isn’t great with many businesses wrestling with the joys of covid but I do believe there is merit in forming some sort of steering committee to help re-engage us as a legitimate business to deal with and no be so reliant on Mr Chansiri’s pocket to exist. 

It would have to be instigated by the club though to show there is full buy in to the idea (otherwise you end up with another pointless Trust).  They could ask for applications and have people submit their credentials. The positions should absolutely not be paid positions and be none binding on Mr Chansiri to act upon any advice. It’s his business, and his money, he has the final say. 

Sounds a fantastic idea .

3 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Not missed a home game for 40 years (apart from this year when the ground was closed to fans).

His comments about wanting our refunds and his customer nonsense is the last straw.

He won't get a single penny from me again.

And, I am still waiting for my £280, which for a struggling self-employed Newsagent, is a lot of money.

Happy New Year.

Now more than ever in the clubs history does the club need its fans to become supporters and, where possible, give your financial and emotional support to the clu. Clearly if your finances are such that you cant provide financial support you should try to be positive about the club

Negativity breeds Negativity. 

Get behind the Club and put aside your beefs.

Guest Grandad
29 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No they absolutely werent

I have documents that prove that each box sold at £23k a season made £10k in profit.

3 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Now more than ever in the clubs history does the club need its fans to become supporters and, where possible, give your financial and emotional support to the clu. Clearly if your finances are such that you cant provide financial support you should try to be positive about the club

Negativity breeds Negativity. 

Get behind the Club and put aside your beefs.

Is that aimed at Chansiri's negative rants this morning slating his own customers?

Are you saying Chansiri should give his financial support to the club?

Owlstalk Shop